Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Blossom

Forum Supporter
CM is finally addressing the concerns about vitamin A instead of writing us off as flat earthers. He believes the reason people struggle is because of fatty liver. He says with fatty liver the retinol is just floating around your blood causing damage. He says the cells are starved of vitamin A in this position too.

I can’t wait to listen. What did you think about it Janelle?

Cirion

Yeah that's not surprising at all. I pretty much figured it was due to a sluggish / sick liver. I have known since joining the RP forums that fixing the liver is key to a lot of woes, but have never really been able to do it. SO much easier said than done. Caffeine has/is being promoted as one of the main things for the liver, but I've never done well on more than a cup or two of coffee a day.

(haven't watched the video yet, he may address it, will watch later)

Last edited:

schultz

Excellent! I gave birth to my first in my living room too! I would have with my second but certified nurse midwives for homebirth are illegal in my state. My second pregnancy I was WAPF and Peat and that pregnancy sucked but he was 8 lbs 7 oz and very healthy, although his baby teeth suck and he's hyperactive. Did she also breastfeed for yrs? How about carotenoids?

Awesome, another homebirther lol. Homebirths are actually illegal in the state you're in now?! That sucks :( Also weird, as I tend to think of the States as very free. Apparently, Ontario is not doing too bad as I can homeschool without having to tell the province and midwives are covered in our healthcare.

I had to ask my wife about the breastfeeding (I don't know exact times lol). She says 22 months for our girl and nearly 3 years for the boy. I remember she stopped with our daughter because it became sensitive from the next pregnancy (she didn't know she was pregnant at the time...). I think she stopped the second time for the same reason actually. Carotenoids were probably pretty low for both pregnancies, though in the summer we eat fruit consistently. She doesn't eat as much as me though. We don't eat vegetables that often, and when we do they are usually root vegetables like turnips. We eat a lot of potatoes + rice at dinner. She likes the sourdough bread I make. I'm trying to remember what she ate, but it seems like a long time ago now. I cook dinner the majority of the time so it's whatever I make I guess, which tends to be "Peaty" stuff, though I am not super strict except with PUFA. I like to enjoy food and I love to cook. We started on the Peat stuff before her first pregnancy and before that we did WAPF stuff.

You have 2 boys right? Maybe that's why the one is a bit more hyperactive? I sort of feel like since we have a 5 year old girl, she kind of keeps the 3 year old boy a bit on the calmer side. He likes to be a boy and bug her sometimes though. I can't really imagine 2 boys, that seems a bit chaotic. Although I have 2 older brothers so that must have been insane for my mom. I think we destroyed everything...

thomas200

I've read about 70 pages of this so far WORD FOR WORD. I've been dealing with this problem since november (6 months) and im only 17 yrs old. Im a social person and purposely pushed all social activities and be isolated to deal with this stupid problem. I can't go out and eat with my friends or anything like that it seriously sucks so much. Ive been following a super low vitamin a diet for so long i dont know how much longer this is supposed to go on for(sorry for the mini rant)... i took an 8000 IU tablet each day for literally only 4 months. I have however been eating vegetables high in VA like sweet potato, carrots, kale, spinach (i used to bodybuild before this vitamin a took control over me. gave up physical activity to heal myself).

I experimented with getting more sunlight that seems to help. I have also been drinking 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar every day. 1 tbsp before breakfast, 1 tbsp before dinner. The only food i eat that contains vitamin A is chicken breast. I don't think eating beef in every single meal is too healthy, so i have it once in a while. I've read somewhere that UV light plays a role at depleting vitamin A, can someone confirm if this is true?? I live in California so i'll be sun bathing lots this Summer if thats the case. I have a fast metabolism too and im pretty ripped from bodybuilding, would that help too???

Sorry for all the questions i would just do literally anything to get my life back together as soon as possible because this issue is literally ALL that is standing between me and reaching my ultimate goals in life

somuch4food

Sorry for all the questions i would just do literally anything to get my life back together as soon as possible because this issue is literally ALL that is standing between me and reaching my ultimate goals in life

What are the symptoms you wish would go away with this diet?

You're young. I wouldn't stress too much about it unless your symptoms are threatening your well being. I would try going lower A and certainly stop the supplement, but I would still cheat a little in social events. Life needs to be enjoyed too.

Have you tried to challenge yourself with liver/carotenoids/vit A supplements to see if you get worse?

Pompadour

@schultz, thank you very much for sharing your experience. 3 Kids - wonderfull! What a happiness! Do you live in Germany? My labour was absolutelly wonderfull experience even in a clinik. But i moved from Russia to Germany two years ago and after awfull cliniks in Moscow, in GErmany it was like to give birth at home, but with all the necessary equipement by side (I didn;t need any and we with my husband had a trully wonderfull experience).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

postman

I've read about 70 pages of this so far WORD FOR WORD. I've been dealing with this problem since november (6 months) and im only 17 yrs old. Im a social person and purposely pushed all social activities and be isolated to deal with this stupid problem. I can't go out and eat with my friends or anything like that it seriously sucks so much. Ive been following a super low vitamin a diet for so long i dont know how much longer this is supposed to go on for(sorry for the mini rant)... i took an 8000 IU tablet each day for literally only 4 months. I have however been eating vegetables high in VA like sweet potato, carrots, kale, spinach (i used to bodybuild before this vitamin a took control over me. gave up physical activity to heal myself).

I experimented with getting more sunlight that seems to help. I have also been drinking 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar every day. 1 tbsp before breakfast, 1 tbsp before dinner. The only food i eat that contains vitamin A is chicken breast. I don't think eating beef in every single meal is too healthy, so i have it once in a while. I've read somewhere that UV light plays a role at depleting vitamin A, can someone confirm if this is true?? I live in California so i'll be sun bathing lots this Summer if thats the case. I have a fast metabolism too and im pretty ripped from bodybuilding, would that help too???

how much progress have u seen in 6 months

tankasnowgod

Awesome, another homebirther lol. Homebirths are actually illegal in the state you're in now?! That sucks :(

Well, how are babies supposed to be subjected to Maritime Admiralty Law if there is no berth certificate? Oh sorry..... birth certificate?

tankasnowgod

CM is finally addressing the concerns about vitamin A instead of writing us off as flat earthers. He believes the reason people struggle is because of fatty liver. He says with fatty liver the retinol is just floating around your blood causing damage. He says the cells are starved of vitamin A in this position too.

Masterjohn never dismissed concerns about Vitamin A toxicity, he has just rejected the idea that it is flat out a poison, and always always always detrimental.

Interesting take, and to note, there actually are some studies (in both obese humans and animals) that have shown positive effects that point to improved liver function with supplemental retinol in doses significantly higher than even what Masterjohn recommends in the video-

The effect of vitamin A supplementation on thyroid function in premenopausal women. - PubMed - NCBI
Vitamin A as a key regulator of obesity & its associated disorders: Evidences from an obese rat model
Vitamin A supplementation induces adipose tissue loss through apoptosis in lean but not in obese rats of the WNIN/Ob strain. - PubMed - NCBI

InChristAlone

Awesome, another homebirther lol. Homebirths are actually illegal in the state you're in now?! That sucks :( Also weird, as I tend to think of the States as very free. Apparently, Ontario is not doing too bad as I can homeschool without having to tell the province and midwives are covered in our healthcare.

I had to ask my wife about the breastfeeding (I don't know exact times lol). She says 22 months for our girl and nearly 3 years for the boy. I remember she stopped with our daughter because it became sensitive from the next pregnancy (she didn't know she was pregnant at the time...). I think she stopped the second time for the same reason actually. Carotenoids were probably pretty low for both pregnancies, though in the summer we eat fruit consistently. She doesn't eat as much as me though. We don't eat vegetables that often, and when we do they are usually root vegetables like turnips. We eat a lot of potatoes + rice at dinner. She likes the sourdough bread I make. I'm trying to remember what she ate, but it seems like a long time ago now. I cook dinner the majority of the time so it's whatever I make I guess, which tends to be "Peaty" stuff, though I am not super strict except with PUFA. I like to enjoy food and I love to cook. We started on the Peat stuff before her first pregnancy and before that we did WAPF stuff.

You have 2 boys right? Maybe that's why the one is a bit more hyperactive? I sort of feel like since we have a 5 year old girl, she kind of keeps the 3 year old boy a bit on the calmer side. He likes to be a boy and bug her sometimes though. I can't really imagine 2 boys, that seems a bit chaotic. Although I have 2 older brothers so that must have been insane for my mom. I think we destroyed everything...
Yeah homebirth was legal, but you couldn't have a midwife attend. The first homebirth my midwife had given up her nursing license, then she couldn't attend my 2nd one due to other issues. My husband wouldn't let me birth alone.

I have found breastfed kids even it was 6 months tend to be healthier. Potatoes, rice, sourdough bread! That's where it's at!

Yeah the second was kinda bullied by the older one because he was jealous, so he has some issues. But things are starting to level out. Boys are definitely rambunctious!

InChristAlone

I can’t wait to listen. What did you think about it Janelle?
I think it's plausible, but still doesn't explain why Grant hasn't gone blind yet! If he did so horrible with dietary amounts of vitamin A due to fatty liver that would mean he had a functional vitamin A deficiency according to CM, so his liver wouldn't have been overflowing, it wouldn't have been able to store any at all. And then going very low vitamin A for years he should be dead by now!
I'm curious what CM recommends for fatty liver.

postman

I think it's plausible, but still doesn't explain why Grant hasn't gone blind yet! If he did so horrible with dietary amounts of vitamin A due to fatty liver that would mean he had a functional vitamin A deficiency according to CM, so his liver wouldn't have been overflowing, it wouldn't have been able to store any at all. And then going very low vitamin A for years he should be dead by now!
exactly

Blossom

Forum Supporter
So in fatty liver the liver is full and there’s no room to store additional poisonal and it starts circulating unbound through the body causing problems. That seems in agreement with my understanding from Grant’s POV. The question for me is what causes fatty liver in the first place? Has CM ever mentioned his reviews on this?

The first and only time in my life I dealt with overweight/obesity issues just happened to coincide with supplementing A while eating lots of A and carotene rich food. Not saying that was the only reason but it does seem to be one possible contributing factor in my case.

I also find it interesting that the He is giving a pretty low recommended daily intake of 3,000 IU preformed A from food and supplements combined. This seems like a move in the right direction although it’s still higher than what cronometer suggests for me.

Thanks for posting this Janelle!

thomas200

What are the symptoms you wish would go away with this diet?

You're young. I wouldn't stress too much about it unless your symptoms are threatening your well being. I would try going lower A and certainly stop the supplement, but I would still cheat a little in social events. Life needs to be enjoyed too.

Have you tried to challenge yourself with liver/carotenoids/vit A supplements to see if you get worse?

One of the biggest symptoms ive had since the beginning was actually coarse hair/hair loss, but it isnt a crazy amount of hair or anything its just much more shedding and thinning than I'm used to (I'd say I naturally have super thick hair). I know this is caused from Vitamin A toxicity because ever since my depletion diet, ive actually noticed my hair getting thicker and I stopped itching my scalp.

I'm trying to stay away from social events for now so I wont have to even bother with the food, tough transition but worth it in the end. Would eating coconut oil aggravate this problem btw? I heard GG say that it does. I remember being very sensitive to coconut oil before but now I dont even feel toxicity symptoms after cooking my egg whites with coconut oil. Then again I dont think theres any other option for cooking oils (except I heard someone mention sunflower seed oil, didnt read about it much though)

I have not tried adding any VA in my diet because im too anxious and would do anything to not go through that experience again. BUT I noticed that when I do eat a food with added iron (like oreos) my course hair and dry scalp/skin comes back, my acne vanishes, and my skin has this grayish/pale color, so its pretty much my entire body deprived of sebum. My knuckles used to look so bloody from the dry skin my friends would keep asking me if i got into some kind of fight LOL (not complaining, made me look like a badass at times). But it really did bother me because i couldnt put my hands in my pockets without sensitivities. My knuckles are now actually fully healed and not dry at all. There would be times where I see a tiny bleeding spot from the dryness of the knuckles up until last month so I'm definitely seeing a pretty big improvement

thomas200

how much progress have u seen in 6 months
A lot actually. I go to my camera roll every now and then to compare how i was back in November VS now. My lips used to swell up and turn super red in the beginning stages but that doesn't really happen anymore.

My symptoms were: hair loss, itchy bleeding skin, terrible night vision, shortness of breath, bloating, crappy memory, mood swings, personality change, very sensitive to sunlight, confusion, and the disappearance of my forearm vascularity (this was easy for me to notice, because im pretty lean and would weight train a lot)

If it weren't for forums like these, or Grant, id have a much more difficult time.
Im very thankful for this thread, i've learned a lot more than I expected

somuch4food

I have not tried adding any VA in my diet because im too anxious and would do anything to not go through that experience again. BUT I noticed that when I do eat a food with added iron (like oreos) my course hair and dry scalp/skin comes back, my acne vanishes, and my skin has this grayish/pale color, so its pretty much my entire body deprived of sebum.

If I were in your shoes, I would challenge myself especially since you seem to want to resume your social life. You don't have a long history of vit A toxicity and might have had enough time on the low A to get out of toxicity range.

I would test some foods to learn my limits. One slip up will take less time to recover than a chronic intake in my experience.

Your anecdote about added iron in oreos could possibly mean you have something going on in your gut since a small amount of added iron wouldn't have drastic effects on the entire body, but it could very well feed some harmful gut bacteria or damage the lining.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
A lot actually. I go to my camera roll every now and then to compare how i was back in November VS now. My lips used to swell up and turn super red in the beginning stages but that doesn't really happen anymore.

My symptoms were: hair loss, itchy bleeding skin, terrible night vision, shortness of breath, bloating, crappy memory, mood swings, personality change, very sensitive to sunlight, confusion, and the disappearance of my forearm vascularity (this was easy for me to notice, because im pretty lean and would weight train a lot)

If it weren't for forums like these, or Grant, id have a much more difficult time.
Im very thankful for this thread, i've learned a lot more than I expected
You should probably include red meat regularly since it helps the body make RBP.
I think you can probably find a way to go out some if you really want to. I understand that it can be challenging and you may prefer not to right now but for anything to be sustainable long term you have to find a way to still live a little. I hope some more people will reply and give you tips about how they work this way of eating into their social life.

tankasnowgod

I don't think eating beef in every single meal is too healthy, so i have it once in a while. I've read somewhere that UV light plays a role at depleting vitamin A, can someone confirm if this is true??

I've seen one study that says that sunlight will lower both serum and tissue levels of carotenoids, but not retinol, but I can't find it right now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals