Good Vitamin D, E, K Balance

Suggestions?

Vitamin E depletes Vitamin K and Vitamin D let's more calcium in... etc.

Did Ray Peat write something about a good ratio?

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Useful information.

The best ratio seems as studied in poultry seems to be between 5:1 and 8:1 vitamin A to D. I remember when Chris Masterjohn did some article on vitamin d safety in 2010 or 2011 and on his facebook page there were quite a lot of people complaing about problems with high doses of vitamin D. I think its clear that blood levels over 30ng/ml are not safe, dont listen to Dr. Mercola. Dont fool around, you can get anything from kidney stones, gallbladder stones to even cqalcification of the arteries and you get a stroke one day.

Since more than 5000iu of vitamin A is anti-thyroid i think vitamin D doses should be between 600 and 1000 IU. Dont go over 30ng/ml, which would be like 2000IU. Funny thing in this Chris Masterjohn article he dug up studies on vitamin D in lifeguards and they were over 50 ng/ml. The fascinating study was that in Israel lifeguards have 20x times hihger prevalence of kidney stones. Its seems even sun bathing for vitamin D is not completely safe.

The questuion even arises if any more than just 600-1000IU over the year is more than enough, if you are in the sun during the summer

http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-liver-o ... ns-a-and-d

Cheesecake

I had this response from him when I asked him that question in April last year:
"I don’t think the ratio matters, the need for them can vary in opposite directions, for example, with lots of sunlight there’s no need to supplement D, but the need for A increases. Vitamin E protects against an excess of A."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals