Gelatin dosage

Theo

I have read little about dosage and timing of gelatine dosage.

What about before breakfast and then as mid morning and afternoon snacks. And again before sleep .
So that would be 4 times a heaping tablespoon.

Does that timing and amount seem optimal ? I prefer to take the maximum amount . I find gelatin cost effective for obtaing the amino acid profile it offers.

mt_dreams

It can be taken anytime you desire protein. Keep an eye on the before breakfast dose, as you may not have enough sugar to properly digest.

4peatssake

Theo said:
I have read little about dosage and timing of gelatine dosage.

What about before breakfast and then as mid morning and afternoon snacks. And again before sleep .
So that would be 4 times a heaping tablespoon.

Does that timing and amount seem optimal ? I prefer to take the maximum amount . I find gelatin cost effective for obtaing the amino acid profile it offers.
Ray Peat has written this about dosing gelatin.

Ray Peat said:
Since 30 grams of glycine was commonly used for treating muscular dystrophy and myasthenia gravis, a daily intake of 100 grams of gelatin wouldn't seem unreasonable, and some people find that quantities in that range help to decrease fatigue. For a growing child, though, such a large amount of refined gelatin would tend to displace other important foods. The National Academy of Sciences recently reviewed the requirements for working adults (male and female soldiers, in particular), and suggested that 100 grams of balanced protein was needed for efficient work. For adults, a large part of that could be in the form of gelatin.

If a person eats a large serving of meat, it's probably helpful to have 5 or 10 grams of gelatin at approximately the same time, so that the amino acids enter the blood stream in balance.
So a large part of your protein can certainly come from gelatin. In terms of when to take it, I'd consume according to how I now eat my meals with protein.

Good luck.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals