Gbolduev Q And A - Non Peat

Ella

Forum Supporter
gbold fasts quite a bit, which increases Cortisol in his system (the higher the better), and therefore...decreases receptors? I did not quite follow why this increase in cortisol was so good...However he also says that fasting resets receptors, and that after a fast, all your receptors will be higher, and the amount of hormones in your system much lower.

@Tarmander thank you for your excellent effort for summarising gboldeuv post. Much of it makes sense, especially the individual requirements for people. No cookie cutter protocol and if you are going to supplement then you better know what you are doing. However, my brain is a tad frazzled here.

I understand when hormones are high; receptors will be low and supplementing hormones; receptors are discarded in an attempt to protect from receptor interacting with excess hormones. If we have a healthy liver (which is why all those liver flushes) all is well and metabolism is firing optimally.

As @mattyb so eloquently pointed out.

What we should care about more is fat storage in organs where it does damage - liver, pancreas, etc. In those cases, absolute lipid content of PUFA is lower in people with hepatic steatosis vs. healthy controls. That's because healthy people store it in the proper places (triaglycerols) where it isn't oxidized.

I mean in this study* most people with NAFLD had an average BMI of 40-50. They clearly need to quit eating and exercise.

It is the fat accumulation in liver tissue (fatty liver or NALD) and other organs that drives the metabolic syndrome. This fat rather than fat stored in adipose tissue correlates with low SHBG. The presence of unbound hormones triggers hormone receptors to be be down regulated. So it is a protective mechanism. Yes/No??

A healthy liver will efficiently rid excess hormones which are rendered water-soluble and are easily excreted by the liver i,e; methylated, acetylated, glucoronidated, glycinated and optimally excreted via stool (if adequate good fibre is on board) and not via urine, so they don't make their way back to liver for reprocessing.

For efficient detoxification to occur, we need adequate protein, adequate calories as phase 2 - hormones and heavy metals - is energy intensive, Key nutrients required for liver enzymes to do their work: B6, B5, sulphur, zinc, manganese, magnesium, sulpur, selenium and copper.

It makes sense why he does not favour diary and animals meats. Higher hormones for liver enzymes to deal with; especially with meats however; there are positives; such as B6, zinc and sulphur. Though, you could totally do away with meat if you are consuming ample shellfish and fish. There is certainty in getting all the above nutrients + iodine. If you have efficient detoxification pathways, you will be able to also detox PCB and other pollutants. These are not only in seaford; they are abundant everywhere - in the air we breathe, water we drink and foods. If you eat organically grown foods you can reduce these in as little as a week.

When hormones are low, receptors are high because the body is trying to optimise hormone to receptor interactions. However, when body endogenous hormones are low, xenohormones and other molecules also interact with hormone receptor acting as either agonists or antagonists.

Having cortisol high is good because receptors are gone, thus supplementing when there are no receptors, facilitates and optimises detoxification of excess hormones and toxins in the system.

When cortisol is high, it tears down muscles to provide sugar to cells (glyconeogenesis). It also strips away intestinal lining = sensitve gut lining = hyperpermeability of tight junctions. So is he saying that it is better in the short term to catabolise tissue for sugar to facilitate speedy detoxification of hormones and when hormones are cleared, instead of low receptors in the begining, we have much more. This time tough, we have a higher ratio of receptors to hormones instead low ratio. Yes/No???

Even Jason Fung says not to fast if you are high cortisol. Many individuals with high adrenaline and cortisol suffer from anxiety attacks. How can you fast these indivuals without sending them to the hospital emergency department? When you say a fasted state, are they doing water fasts and if they are already in a catabolic state, won't those inflammatory amino acids from muscle breakdown send them into overdrive?

They would need to be on dextrose + sodium/potassium chloride + lactate depending on whether they are high or low in potassium in the cell.

Pushing cortisol higher will only cause more potassium to be lost via urine. Why do we want this? We want this to lower potassium in the cell or only potassium extracellularly??? If you are already high cortisol, you will be low potassium in the cell and high potassium outside the cell and in the urine. Yes/No?

I can understand pushing cortisol up when you are low cortisol but don't quite understand pushing cortisol when already high. That's right to reset those damn receptors. This is making my head spin.

Are we pushing potassium out to reduce progesterone which means that this lowering of potassium = lowering of progesterone which then upregulates /resets the progesterone receptor? As we now have high ratio of progesterone receptors to progesterone hormone, 5a/b reductase is downregulated due to lack of substrate (progesterone) which is what finestride is supposed to do but it doesn't. Because finestride is progestin = receptors will be disgarded and because there is plenty free floating progestin (finestride) 5a/b reductase will convert progesterone/progestin/finestride to a/b pregnanediol. Yes/No?

By raising cortisol, you are redirecting steriod pathway away from 3bhsd to 17 hydroxlase -> CYP21 -> CYP11b1 then pushing cortisol towards cortisone rather than active cortisol via 11bHSD. How are you controlling this step? More potassium and less sodium???

Does the fast activate pathway to cortisone?? Is this how you achieve balanced cortisol and reset?

So in urine we want to see higher cortisone metabolites THE and lower active cortisol metabolites THF.

How would one monitor their potassium levels in the cells if one was doing this protocol at home? Are you using ion selective electrode or some rapid test kit? Testing urine to determine status in the cell?

Am I understanding this correctly? Anyone???

However he also said fasting would lower the amount of progesterone receptors from increased cortisol.

Katarina Dalton says any hint of adrenaline then progesterone can't interact with the progesterone receptor. It is all about the progesterone receptors, yet she recommended supplementation with extremely high levels of progesterone + starch every 3 hours.

The fasting reduces work in respect to digestion and liver detoxification pathways so detoxification pathways are solely focussing of ridding the body of excess hormones. Thus because hormones are now low - cleared from the system; receptors are upregulated to interact with endogenous hormones rather than xenohormones, chemicals and pollutants which have now been cleared from the system.

3 beta hsd which is zinc based will be suppressed and nad will be suppressed. This will cause your zinc to be biounavailable and you will be low on the CAD enzyme which converts CO2 into bicarb and will have high CO2. Also this will keep your methylation low , since NAD is needed to break down acetaldehyde and if acetaldehyde is high MAO will be inhibited . If MAO is inhibited methylation will be inhibited.

Digestion is reduced during fasting, acetaldehyde is rapidly cleared via liver detox pathways.

It will also lower copper which opposes histamine through DAO, causing problems.

Yes!!

So you get stuck with insensitive progesterone which cant get sensitive since potassium is high in the cell and at the same time very high pressure on cortisol. which causes the alkalosis in the first place .

So insensitive progesterone = high cortisol basically cushings or pseudo cushings which is why they feel better supplementing progesterone. However, there is no need to supplement because we can manipulate with minerals instead, by draining potassium out of the cell.

So in my own situation, supplementing pregnenolone, increased progesterone and and cortisol sending my potassium up resulting in cushing like facial features. So now I need to drain the cells of potassium, which will lower progesterone. Focus on increasing cortisol but making sure 11bHSD is converting active cortisol to inactive cortisone. Yes/No??

What about intermittent fasting; will this work with exercise? 40 days is a bloody long time. Can I just live on electrolyte solution for 40 days? Marmalade sounds a better option to me. Still think Peat is not wrong. Context matters. I know Gboldeuv this is non-peat forum but it is important to help people on the RPF work out where they are failing. My cortisol goes up just reading about all the casualties.

The biggest take home message out of all this, is that minerals can do the work of hormones and there should be no reason why a good wholesome varied diet can't achieve this. Minerals in isolation or molecules in isolation is a recipe for regret. I am going to get off my bum and make a few batches of my lovely marmalade and clementine cake. Give my brain a break.

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Anyone???

Xisca

I'm going to assume you think coffee turns on the sympathetic system. It can, but it can also relax you. Coffee is not really a stimulant any more than thyroid.
I mainly said that there was a mix in what is Sympathetic system, as it cannot be summed up by "high something". You talk about relaxing because I talked about "waking up with coffee", but it was the obvious example, and the less obvious example is that you also need ENERGY to sleep!
When you sleep, you lack the motivation, passion, want to help others, etc etc, all what tired people like me use to create some ENERGY in the body! So I wake up tired until I find some passionating things to do.
That is also why pets work so well at maintaining people awake! I do not know if this is adrenaline or cortisol or whatever exogenous help, I am better at behaviour level reading...
So YES, some people take coffee before bed, or oxydal that is MB + caffein. It is not to relax I guess, but to have enough energy to sleep correctly! Hope it makes sense and that I am right...
Minerals in isolation or molecules in isolation is a recipe for regret.
Exept if you do the hair test and have professional advice?

Makes sense for my case, at least what I understand....
For efficient detoxification to occur, we need adequate protein, adequate calories as phase 2 - hormones and heavy metals - is energy intensive,
I need proteins and I have problem with both liver phases... I have a guess of mercury because of crashing after amalgams removal. Thanks for pointing hormones are in that phase too...
When cortisol is high, it tears down muscles to provide sugar to cells (glyconeogenesis). It also strips away intestinal lining = sensitve gut lining = hyperpermeability of tight junctions.
Me again, I loose muscles easily, thanks god I chose an active outdoor work!
And I have a long time gut problem and had to stop gluten...
Even Jason Fung says not to fast if you are high cortisol.
I do not feel it fine for me until now except when having fever!
Cortisol is not easy to test... I had only once, with 24h urine.
Is it of some use if we think about the ways to know a little bit of ourselve/cortisol through behaviour?
How do we distinguish its effect from adrenaline for example?
Some people get energy by getting angry, and find the right situation. Adenaline?
When tired in a car, just get afraid and you do not want to sleep anymore, adrenaline?
I get up and have breakfast at the same time I have some intense brain-shake-storm-neurone connecting... is it cortisol?
The more tired in the evening the more I motivate myself by speaking and speaking, which removes the fatigue... is it cortisol?
Pushing cortisol higher will only cause more potassium to be lost via urine. Why do we want this? We want this to lower potassium in the cell or only potassium extracellularly??? If you are already high cortisol, you will be low potassium in the cell and high potassium outside the cell and in the urine. Yes/No?

I can understand pushing cortisol up when you are low cortisol but don't quite understand pushing cortisol when already high. That's right to reset those damn receptors. This is making my head spin.
This of the potassium is very interresting.
I assume my usual diet is rich in potassium as I eat a lot of bananas and avocados.
When I was away from home for familly reasons, I started to have night cramps....
If we eat potassium, don't we just pee the excess? I think he said that where potassium is depends on the CO2 we have in our blood...

gbolduev

@Tarmander thank you for your excellent effort for summarising gboldeuv post. Much of it makes sense, especially the individual requirements for people. No cookie cutter protocol and if you are going to supplement then you better know what you are doing. However, my brain is a tad frazzled here.

I understand when hormones are high; receptors will be low and supplementing hormones; receptors are discarded in an attempt to protect from receptor interacting with excess hormones. If we have a healthy liver (which is why all those liver flushes) all is well and metabolism is firing optimally.

As @mattyb so eloquently pointed out.

It is the fat accumulation in liver tissue (fatty liver or NALD) and other organs that drives the metabolic syndrome. This fat rather than fat stored in adipose tissue correlates with low SHBG. The presence of unbound hormones triggers hormone receptors to be be down regulated. So it is a protective mechanism. Yes/No??

A healthy liver will efficiently rid excess hormones which are rendered water-soluble and are easily excreted by the liver i,e; methylated, acetylated, glucoronidated, glycinated and optimally excreted via stool (if adequate good fibre is on board) and not via urine, so they don't make their way back to liver for reprocessing.

For efficient detoxification to occur, we need adequate protein, adequate calories as phase 2 - hormones and heavy metals - is energy intensive, Key nutrients required for liver enzymes to do their work: B6, B5, sulphur, zinc, manganese, magnesium, sulpur, selenium and copper.

It makes sense why he does not favour diary and animals meats. Higher hormones for liver enzymes to deal with; especially with meats however; there are positives; such as B6, zinc and sulphur. Though, you could totally do away with meat if you are consuming ample shellfish and fish. There is certainty in getting all the above nutrients + iodine. If you have efficient detoxification pathways, you will be able to also detox PCB and other pollutants. These are not only in seaford; they are abundant everywhere - in the air we breathe, water we drink and foods. If you eat organically grown foods you can reduce these in as little as a week.

When hormones are low, receptors are high because the body is trying to optimise hormone to receptor interactions. However, when body endogenous hormones are low, xenohormones and other molecules also interact with hormone receptor acting as either agonists or antagonists.

Having cortisol high is good because receptors are gone, thus supplementing when there are no receptors, facilitates and optimises detoxification of excess hormones and toxins in the system.

When cortisol is high, it tears down muscles to provide sugar to cells (glyconeogenesis). It also strips away intestinal lining = sensitve gut lining = hyperpermeability of tight junctions. So is he saying that it is better in the short term to catabolise tissue for sugar to facilitate speedy detoxification of hormones and when hormones are cleared, instead of low receptors in the begining, we have much more. This time tough, we have a higher ratio of receptors to hormones instead low ratio. Yes/No???

Even Jason Fung says not to fast if you are high cortisol. Many individuals with high adrenaline and cortisol suffer from anxiety attacks. How can you fast these indivuals without sending them to the hospital emergency department? When you say a fasted state, are they doing water fasts and if they are already in a catabolic state, won't those inflammatory amino acids from muscle breakdown send them into overdrive?

They would need to be on dextrose + sodium/potassium chloride + lactate depending on whether they are high or low in potassium in the cell.

Are we pushing potassium out to reduce progesterone which means that this lowering of potassium = lowering of progesterone which then upregulates /resets the progesterone receptor? As we now have high ratio of progesterone receptors to progesterone hormone, 5a/b reductase is downregulated due to lack of substrate (progesterone) which is what finestride is supposed to do but it doesn't. Because finestride is progestin = receptors will be disgarded and because there is plenty free floating progestin (finestride) 5a/b reductase will convert progesterone/progestin/finestride to a/b pregnanediol. Yes/No?

By raising cortisol, you are redirecting steriod pathway away from 3bhsd to 17 hydroxlase -> CYP21 -> CYP11b1 then pushing cortisol towards cortisone rather than active cortisol via 11bHSD. How are you controlling this step? More potassium and less sodium???

Does the fast activate pathway to cortisone?? Is this how you achieve balanced cortisol and reset?

So in urine we want to see higher cortisone metabolites THE and lower active cortisol metabolites THF.

How would one monitor their potassium levels in the cells if one was doing this protocol at home? Are you using ion selective electrode or some rapid test kit? Testing urine to determine status in the cell?

Am I understanding this correctly? Anyone???

Katarina Dalton says any hint of adrenaline then progesterone can't interact with the progesterone receptor. It is all about the progesterone receptors, yet she recommended supplementation with extremely high levels of progesterone + starch every 3 hours.

The fasting reduces work in respect to digestion and liver detoxification pathways so detoxification pathways are solely focussing of ridding the body of excess hormones. Thus because hormones are now low - cleared from the system; receptors are upregulated to interact with endogenous hormones rather than xenohormones, chemicals and pollutants which have now been cleared from the system.

Digestion is reduced during fasting, acetaldehyde is rapidly cleared via liver detox pathways.

Yes!!

So insensitive progesterone = high cortisol basically cushings or pseudo cushings which is why they feel better supplementing progesterone. However, there is no need to supplement because we can manipulate with minerals instead, by draining potassium out of the cell.

So in my own situation, supplementing pregnenolone, increased progesterone and and cortisol sending my potassium up resulting in cushing like facial features. So now I need to drain the cells of potassium, which will lower progesterone. Focus on increasing cortisol but making sure 11bHSD is converting active cortisol to inactive cortisone. Yes/No??

What about intermittent fasting; will this work with exercise? 40 days is a bloody long time. Can I just live on electrolyte solution for 40 days? Marmalade sounds a better option to me. Still think Peat is not wrong. Context matters. I know Gboldeuv this is non-peat forum but it is important to help people on the RPF work out where they are failing. My cortisol goes up just reading about all the casualties.

The biggest take home message out of all this, is that minerals can do the work of hormones and there should be no reason why a good wholesome varied diet can't achieve this. Minerals in isolation or molecules in isolation is a recipe for regret. I am going to get off my bum and make a few batches of my lovely marmalade and clementine cake. Give my brain a break.

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Anyone???

I don't want my cortisol high or low.
Your cortisol is high since you are resistant to cortisol . TO cure this you either turn off cortisol , or you put pressure on it.

fasting does exactly that. Puts pressure on it. So after you come off of the fast, your base level of cortisol will be down . And numbers of the cortisol receptors will be increased. and during stressful times you will need less cortisol

When you eat sugar all the time. Adrenaline receptors and cortisol receptors will be low. And then during times of stress, you will need a lot more of these hormones produced to do the same job. This is how you get constant high levels of cortisol. and also adrenaline insensitivity ( SLOW OXIDIZERS)

NO one needs to push cortisol levels higher. That just makes no sense. You need to keep pressure on cortisol from time to time. Since there is no way you can run solely on sugar from food. That is just a huge misconception. People are easily stressed these days and will require cortisol and adrenaline at all times, and if they just sit and eat. They will have panic attacks later on. I am 100% sure of it.

But also you don't want to put pressure off the cortisol too much, since that will cause cortisol resistance later on.

Fasting is amazing in resetting your receptors. After the fast all your hormones will be lower, since the number of the receptors will be higher.

Now think about what Peat recs, to take hormones. Pregnenolones, DHEA, progesterones. After this you will be hooked on them for ever and will need more and more and more.

And if you ever decide to come off you will be so bad it is not even funny.

Since your body will be insensitive to all of them and you will require higher production , but people could not produce them in a first place , that is the whole reason they took them

Fasting is amazing in this respect. You get so much younger

Peat has this backwards. when you sit and eat sugar all day , that is when you retain pufa. And that is when your cortisol and adrenaline get insensitive and then all of sudden it catches up with you, since you retained all this pufa and now your cortisol and adrenaline are not doing their job and you start using pufa for energy . THIS IS HOW IT HAPPENS

Active people don't have pufa stored. PUFA is burned first.

Fasting does amazing things for people. 1) it burns out all the pufa in 30 days that people retained by eating sugars all the time. 2) it makes cortisol and adrenaline sensitive again, so after you finish fasting you won't be retaining pufas again.

Peat has it backwards.

Last edited:

Xisca

When you eat sugar all the time. Adrenaline receptors and cortisol receptors will be low. And then during times of stress, you will need a lot more of these hormones produced to the same job.
Does it mean even frutarians who do well in the present are more likely to crash one day?
because they produce a lot of stress hormones on a daily basis to compensate low receptors?

gbolduev

Does it mean even frutarians who do well in the present are more likely to crash one day?
because they produce a lot of stress hormones on a daily basis to compensate low receptors?

Haha, I had tons of frutarians ask for help 2 years ago. All of them had crashed. they all went into 4 lows on their hairtest. And 4 lows is called a tunnel of death. And then it takes for ever to get them out of there
NEVER do 80 10 10 diet, it can be used only for certain body chemistries as a cleanse and be used for short periods of time

Same as fasting, you cant fast all the time. I fast 2 times a year

Why do you think many religions use fasts as part of the religion

Since religion wants to be based on something that really helps people. So they do believe in its rules and paradigms. This is why you have fasts in christianity, buddism, judaism , even muslims have ramadan.

Religions are always based on something that works for people to trust a religion.

Last edited:

Xisca

@gbolduev You mentioned people who have high CO2 get panic attacks, I would like to know how that is possible when the only way I have ever been able to stop a panic attack is to breathe slower thus retaining more CO2. In fact the hyperventilating during a panic attack can cause muscles to seize up. I had that once, my hands started seizing up because I was panicking so bad. So exercise can cause panic attacks due to hyperventilating.
Janelle, may be you did not get the difference between short term and long term. When your CO2 drops in a moment, you get the panick attack. When you drop CO2 slowly in the long term, then you do not get panick attacks, because you give time to your system to adapt, and you change the bicarbonate. That is what I understood from his past answers:
Panic attack is not from high CO2. Panic attack happens from alkalosis when you hyperventilate and your CO2 drops very low. But before you hyperventilated your CO2 was higher than norm, and that was compensated by bicarbonate. Then all of a sudden your breath out all of your CO2 but bicarb stays high, since it takes days to adjust. And thus you get into alkalosis.

When people have panic attack they will be helped by breathing into the bag since CO2 will go up faster.

But not to have panic attacks at all. You need to lower your base CO2 level , so your bicarb level also stays low. So then when you hyperventilate from stress fear or what ever, even if you breath out all of your Co2, your bicarb would not be high and would not cause alkalosis

the reason why I said panic attacks arise from high base level of CO2 is simple. If you have high base level of Co2 in blood, that will cause you to have high base level of bicarbonate in blood. If you all of a sudden hyperventilate, CO2 will go down very fast but bicarb which was high in blood would stay there for days since kidneys are slow. This causes periods of alkalosis. In alkalosis your calcium is not working and potassium shifts into the cell fast. If you have low base potassium level , ICF plus ECF you will have seizure since potassium will move fast into the cell and in blood it will be low.

NEVER do 80 10 10 diet, it can be used only for certain body chemistries as a cleanse and be used for short periods of time
I have seen before that people are mixed up with what is a short time diet for a special purpose, and a life-long daily diet. Same for "pills". As I do not have a schedule to take any supp, when I forget them I know I do not have to take them. And there are things I really think about taking.
From my French origins I like some red wine with meat. But I never think about it when I eat, and then I say "oh I forgot that nice bottle that is 1 month in the fridge"! Maybe my liver or what else does not want it!

Last edited:

gbolduev

@gbolduev How would you approach treating eating disorders (anorexia/bulimia) ?

I would check for chloride and volume loss alkalosis in this case. Most cases I met were from that . You just eat and put tons of HCL with food, and it will restore.

Of course for some cases you would need to do this thru the vein.

Xisca

Since religion wants to be based on something that really helps people. So they do believe in its rules and paradigms. This is why you have fasts in christianity, buddism, judaism , even muslims have ramadan.

Religions are always based on something that works for people to trust a religion.
In the polynesian islands, priests put tabboos on certain foods during some times, and they do this when a fish population goes down! Then lift the taboo.
The period of fast was also chosen, that is why I still do not know why they make it change in Ramadan.
And I concluded that spirituality is a must help on the nervous system, because you can tell people to do something because it is "healthy" and they will not do it. But if you tell them about a spiritual reason, they will do it. Also the strength of social bonds is good, as most not any more very muslim people still avoid pork. And pork is also avoided for sick people in south America! I have decided long ago that even if I did not know why, I was better off pork.

OP
W

Wagner83

I would check for chloride and volume loss alkalosis in this case. Most cases I met were from that . You just eat and put tons of HCL with food, and it will restore.

Of course for some cases you would need to do this thru the vein.

Ok thanks. How can I test for "chloride and volume loss alkalosis" ? Can you give pointers as to how much "tons of hcl" may be? What would be a reasonable timeframe to see improvements?

paymanz

fasting does exactly that. Puts pressure on it. So after you come off of the fast, your base level of cortisol will be down . And numbers of the cortisol receptors will be increased. and during stressful times you will need less cortisol

It is totally opposite,

When you have chronically high level of a hormone or neutransmitter your cells become less sensitive to it.

So after a long fast, or regularly fasting, you become less sensitive to cortisol.

gbolduev

It is totally opposite,

When you have chronically high level of a hormone or neutransmitter your cells become less sensitive to it.

So after a long fast, or regularly fasting, you become less sensitive to cortisol.

Your cells become insensitive to the hormone only when it is not needed. Not when it is high. BIG DIFFERENCE

If you take the hormones as most people do , they overtake the dosage, that is when you become insensitive since the body does not need this hormone at this level.

But when the body increases cortisol for a reason it won't ever become not sensitive to it, unless you have uncontrolled cortisol release like in Cushings.

I have no idea why you constantly argue. When I say something I say it because I tested it and because I understand body chemistry and how it works.

You seem to not understand biochemistry but you constantly state things as facts.

After a long fast, when you start eating your cortisol will fall to the lower baseline than what you had prior to fasting. I tested that 100 times.

Also during the long fast your cortisol levels will be lower than the baseline as it is , Since you dont have building blocks for it. All your hormones go down eventually during long fasts

You become less sensitive to cortisol after eating sugar non stop. Since cortisol is not needed in this case and body will lower its receptors . So you will have low receptors and low base cortisol with HUGE SPIKES UP during stress.. THIS IS what you don't want. Eventually you will burn out and have constant high cortisol.
When cortisol is needed body will never lower its receptors no matter how high it is.

You seem to have things very mixed up.

Last edited:

Mito

You have to apply a life style which is applicable to your body chemistry . genetically you can be created with lets ssay stronger adrenaline realease than serotonin. this fact you will not be able to change with anything.
Is this an example of someone with genetically stronger adrenaline release than serotonin?

Urine test
IMG_0783.JPG

squanch

Haha, I had tons of frutarians ask for help 2 years ago. All of them had crashed. they all went into 4 lows on their hairtest. And 4 lows is called a tunnel of death. And then it takes for ever to get them out of there

Same as fasting, you cant fast all the time. I fast 2 times a year

What do you think is the minimum time of a fast to be effective? What do think about shorter fasts like intermittent fasting or maybe a 24-36 hour fast once a month?
Those longer water fasts will always cause quite a bit of muscle loss. I don't really see how someone would be able to do that twice a year and hold any significant amount of muscle mass.

gbolduev

What do you think is the minimum time of a fast to be effective? What do think about shorter fasts like intermittent fasting or maybe a 24-36 hour fast once a month?
Those longer water fasts will always cause quite a bit of muscle loss. I don't really see how someone would be able to do that twice a year and hold any significant amount of muscle mass.

If you exercise during the fast you hold on to your muscles more.

gbolduev

So you think shorter fasts (24 - 36 hours) would not be effective?

better than nothing. But they don't do anything really as a cure.

If you are really sick and you are a slow oxidizer. Fast for year, DONT EVER take any hormones. Eat well after your fasts. Eat the diet I outlined after the fasts. and you will recover. DO liver flushes. After 1 year of this, You will be brand new

And you won't have to take any hormones or supplements. Hormones and supplements are evil, since anything that makes you feel better is actually making you worse. You have to understand this.

BODY needs to be altered only in a contrarian way. If you are not sensitive to progesterone, Peat says take progesterone. You will feel better but will be making yourself worse and worse. and will have to increase the dosage.

squanch

better than nothing. But they don't do anything really as a cure.

If you are really sick and you are a slow oxidizer. Fast for year, DONT EVER take any hormones. Eat well after your fasts. Eat the diet I outlined after the fasts. and you will recover. DO liver flushes. After 1 year of this, You will be brand new

And you won't have to take any hormones or supplements. Hormones and supplements are evil, since anything that makes you feel better is actually making you worse. You have to understand this.

BODY needs to be altered only in a contrarian way. If you are not sensitive to progesterone, Peat says take progesterone. You will feel better but will be making yourself worse and worse. and will have to increase the dosage.
I've actually done a 30 day water fast in the past, never did much for me to be honest. Avoiding allergenic foods and really increasing my caloric intake after years of being underweight is what helped me the most with my health I would say. I know you've talked a lot about fast and slow oxidizers and different types of metabolism and how you really can't have one type of "plan" that works for everybody. Not sure if needing very high calories to maintain the current weight (around 4000 kcal daily) would automatically put someone in a category where longer fasts wouldn't be recommended?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals