Fruits with seeds and PUFA, worst to best values list???

Max.

Hi everyone, i am trying to make a list similar to nuts, when you have the worst to good nuts PUFA content, i am trying to know what are the fruits with seeds with the worst ro good pufa content.

Obviius i am not talking about small portions, but eating a lot of this fruits.

Some fruits like passionfruit, kiwi, grapes, acerola, guavas, blackberries, strawberries,, blueberries etc, you can put in a mixer, and discard the seeds, but the oil from the seeds will still in the juice, and if you cook the fruit you are consuming the seeds.

I have tons of blackberries, black and normal raspberries, strawberries and bluerries on my yard, but i stop eating them since become more peat diet, i give them to my family, but i miss eating some of this fruits.

Some studies that i found with some values, but i finding very hard to understand.

Hope anyone can help me trying to make this "rank".

reality

I don’t think the small seeds in fruits are problematic because they are indigestible and just come out in the poop like nature intended. Unless you’re juicing them and breaking up the seeds

GodsHound

The biggest factor would be the softness of the seeds rather than the particular FA composition. But it’s in such low quantities anyway that any PUFA should be easily offset by the beneficial components.

I remember when the bullet style blenders came out, they advertised that they were better than standard blenders because they were strong enough to break the seeds within fruits, making the “nutrients” (PUFA) available. So a low powered blender would be best, to do minimal damage to seeds.

OP
Max.

Max.

@GodsHound @GodsHound Since both of you come with same conclusion, is better to juice the fruits in a thing similar to "cheese cloth" or a smash in a strainer and if eat the fruit dont chew the seeds?

GodsHound

Honestly I don’t think it matters in the case of PUFA. If you’re eating loads of berries then you’re more likely to get irritation from the mechanical action of a bulk of indigestible seeds passing through you, than from PUFA. So maybe making jam would make it easier to digest large quantities, and it would concentrate the flavones & sugars. Even if all the PUFA is consumed, it’s still one of the best foods possible imo.

kaybb

Hi everyone, i am trying to make a list similar to nuts, when you have the worst to good nuts PUFA content, i am trying to know what are the fruits with seeds with the worst ro good pufa content.

Obviius i am not talking about small portions, but eating a lot of this fruits.

Some fruits like passionfruit, kiwi, grapes, acerola, guavas, blackberries, strawberries,, blueberries etc, you can put in a mixer, and discard the seeds, but the oil from the seeds will still in the juice, and if you cook the fruit you are consuming the seeds.

I have tons of blackberries, black and normal raspberries, strawberries and bluerries on my yard, but i stop eating them since become more peat diet, i give them to my family, but i miss eating some of this fruits.

Some studies that i found with some values, but i finding very hard to understand.

Hope anyone can help me trying to make this "rank".

"Generally, fruits, roots, and tubers provide a high concentration of nutrients along with low concentrations of toxic antimetabolic substances." -Ray Peat

I think the nutrition in your fresh berries far out way some seeds.

I just got blood work done and I’m very deficient in vit E . I have avoided PUFA’s very strictly for 4 yrs. I think a few seeds from fruit might be good.

OP
Max.

Max.

Honestly I don’t think it matters in the case of PUFA. If you’re eating loads of berries then you’re more likely to get irritation from the mechanical action of a bulk of indigestible seeds passing through you, than from PUFA. So maybe making jam would make it easier to digest large quantities, and it would concentrate the flavones & sugars. Even if all the PUFA is consumed, it’s still one of the best foods possible imo.
Yeah, thats make sense, thanks for your input

OP
Max.

Max.

"Generally, fruits, roots, and tubers provide a high concentration of nutrients along with low concentrations of toxic antimetabolic substances." -Ray Peat

I think the nutrition in your fresh berries far out way some seeds.

I just got blood work done and I’m very deficient in vit E . I have avoided PUFA’s very strictly for 4 yrs. I think a few seeds from fruit might be good.
Yeah, i am trying to be a little less radical on things, wish you all the best on recover from your deficiency

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals