Formula Alternatives For A Newborn Baby

tara

My wife wants to breast feed
If she wants to breast feed, then the most likely thing is that it will work, as long as she gets the support she needs. That includes you and others understanding that it takes time, initially and every day. And that being a mother to an infant is a lot of work and can be exhausting, so taking a good share of the workload makes a difference. Feeding will usually begin within minutes of birth if allowed. But it's not so urgent that it happen perfectly in the first day or two that there should be any alternative offered.

• Vitamin C Powder (order more). ¼ TSP per batch.
Not sure what form of vit-C you were thinking, but if you add ascorbic acid to milk I'd expect it to curdle.

TradClare

Hi,
We have five adopted children, and two of them we had as newborns. Here is a recipe for what I gave them, with great success:

2 cups raw goat milk
1 cup water (reverse osmosis or distilled)
1.5 Tablespoons lactose
daily infant liquid multi with C and folic acid

It is important to dilute the protein/fat and add the lactose sugar to match human macros for young babies. However, if you just need occasional bottles, straight goat milk is fine here and there. By 12 months milk (goat or cow) is OK.

schultz

If she wants to breast feed, then the most likely thing is that it will work, as long as she gets the support she needs.

I think so too. Persistence is the key. My wife had cracked and sore nipples at first with our first child, but it went away after a bit and never happened again. Some people would give up and switch to formula if that happened.

I just had a ewe give birth to a little ramling (first time mom) and it seemed very anxious and when the little guy would go searching for milk she would turn in a circle to sniff him so he was never able to find it. I had to catch her and milk her out and give it to him in a bottle a few times, which got old pretty quickly because she is quite a strong ewe. So I bought some lamb formula from the store (the smallest bag being 40lbs.....) and started him up on that. This old Jamaican gentleman who stops by to talk to me once in a while, and who also happened to grow up on a farm in Jamaica, told me to try harder in getting the ramling to latch so I once again caught the mom and tied her up and made sure that ramling found her udder, which he did. It took 3 times doing that before he figured out how to find it himself and now he nurses like a champ. Little guy is always nursing now it seems. Thankfully the mom hadn't dried up yet. The old Jamaican guy takes all the credit of course and says "See I told you" yah, yah, he was right lol. My point is persistence pays off. And now I have a giant bag of lamb formula which I guess I will feed to a pig....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals