Food aversion or allergy?

Raypmom

I've never been able to get shrimp past my throat without gagging or throwing up. I found this to be same with other seafood, clams,oysters, lobsters etc. I tried a couple of times to have shrimp becuase I :mrgreen: prepare it for others (smell makes me gag too) when I was around 19-20's I tried some grilled shrimp skewer and spit it out after one bite. I gave up after this. I also ate shrimp unknowingly in an egroll once (befor peating). I was hungry, I gobbled it up quick, half done I got real nauseous and it all came back up. I started to wonder why, then holding the left peice in my hand there it was the pink flesh of shrimp :geek: I new that was the reason.

I try real careful now to stay away from it! But I think after some health issues that I'm working on currently I would like to think I need either shrimp, oysters or clam in my diet. Currently I don't eat any seafood at all. It's hard to get fresh obviously. But I'm thinking of ordering online. Maybe some oysters but how will I go about it without the gagging? Just force it?
Anyone else experience this? Is seafood allergy possible? Any thoughts please.

tara

Either allegy or avesion seem possible. Personally, I wouldn't expect it to be helpful to force yourself to eat it against even an strong aversion. Could well be your body knowing it's not able to handle it at the moment. Do you get the same problems with mild non-oily fish, eg cod,or just shellfish etc?

Zachs

I have always avoided seafood. I just looks, smells and tastes totally disgusting. In an effort to mineralize i have made myself eat oysters. I just put em in my mouth and wash em down usually with coffee or milk. I you dont breath you dont really taste em... Lol.

OP
R

Raypmom

tara said:
Either allegy or avesion seem possible. Personally, I wouldn't expect it to be helpful to force yourself to eat it against even an strong aversion. Could well be your body knowing it's not able to handle it at the moment. Do you get the same problems with mild non-oily fish, eg cod,or just shellfish etc?

I use to eat loads of salmon at one point on the low card diet. CRAZY amounts Eww .

But I can't stand cod, makes me sick too. I have no taste for it. Scallops, tilapia etc. But ever since peating no taste for seafood. Maybe my body is protecting me. In 7th grade I ate something that looked like fried bits of chicken in the school cafeteria, an hour later I threw up in class. I found out later it was fried pop corn shrimp :-0

OP
R

Raypmom

Zachs said:
I have always avoided seafood. I just looks, smells and tastes totally disgusting. In an effort to mineralize i have made myself eat oysters. I just put em in my mouth and wash em down usually with coffee or milk. I you dont breath you dont really taste em... Lol.
I guess maybe that's what I'll do and see if it come bake up or not lol.

Never had oysters yet. At least I know I cant handle shrimp. I will have coffee near by. I'm ordering some crown fish soon. Can't I just supplement the minerals in oysters/certain seafoods?

tara

I think selenium is harder to get without fish. Brazil nuts are the only other rich source I know of. Maybe others know of other ways? I think liver and cocoa/chocolate get you some of the zinc and copper. I would think supplements would be preferable to trying to eat food that makes you throw up. :):

Zachs

Yea you should just supplement with zinc and selenium instead of gagging down and possibly throwing up seafood. Try oysters once maybe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals