Female Libido

Jennifer

I have been searching the forum for discussions on improving female libido. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but I can't find anything?

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have read so many things on how to get a raging boner but as I don't actually have a penis this isn't that helpful to me....

Any ladies out there given themselves raging "lady boners"?
Aside from a close connection/feelings of love, progesterone seems to be one of the biggest factors for me. I've been getting frequent blood work for years now and have noticed that my libido follows my progesterone levels. When I was going through a bottle of progest-e a week, my libido was insane. Not to be crude, but I was finding it difficult to be in public without getting highly aroused at just the sight of a guy.

I stopped all supplemental hormones and switched up my diet over two years ago and my progesterone is as high as it was while on progest-e, but my libido is much more controlled now, if that makes sense? It's strong all month long, but I'm no longer aroused at the sight of just any man. My libido is now more discerning. lol I'm not sure why the difference. I suspect I was messing with my ovulation because I could never seem to get the dosing right. I would bleed two weeks out of each month no matter how I dosed it. Both my prolactin and estrogen levels have always been at the lower end of the normal range so I don't think it had to do with the release of stored estrogens causing an insatiable drive.

Zo-So

I have been searching the forum for discussions on improving female libido. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but I can't find anything?

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have read so many things on how to get a raging boner but as I don't actually have a penis this isn't that helpful to me....

Any ladies out there given themselves raging "lady boners"?
Two words....KETO DIET. google it in relation to libido. You should be pleased

Zo-So

Keto diets destroyed my health and libido. I need carbohydrates. As many people on the forum do.
Can you please explain how that is so? As I have found the absolute opposite for myslef and it has been a tremendous cure for my 8yrs of PCOS. I don't challenge your experience... but more so I would like to know in case I run into the same issues. So far all the research I have read suggests otherwise but you may have some insights I have not yet considered. if it is outside the scope of this thread pls pm me (im in au too)

Xisca

If you can, try eating more frequent, smaller meals of the fruit + dairy combo type.
For me no...
Female libido would be similar to male libido honestly, just smaller amounts.
Some sound logic here, I have found that it is the same too!
So naturally you would be horny around ovulation and less so towards the end of the cycle.
Not for all women, I just knew my periods were coming from the pike of libido. Who can explain?
As I have found the absolute opposite for myslef
Agree... It would just be interesting to know why, and where is the difference among us.
I did have a crash when increasing sugar. The great thing was that it came at a rupture period. Anyway, I am first sensitive to oxytocine I think, so I have a very different libido if I am in a relationship or not. My best relationship for this was with a man who did not think about sex that much if he was alone too. I think it is connected with the smell...

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Can you please explain how that is so? As I have found the absolute opposite for myslef and it has been a tremendous cure for my 8yrs of PCOS. I don't challenge your experience... but more so I would like to know in case I run into the same issues. So far all the research I have read suggests otherwise but you may have some insights I have not yet considered. if it is outside the scope of this thread pls pm me (im in au too)

There are many arguments about ketosis and it's benefits. I tried it for about six years and ended up here with hypothyroid, insomnia, depression, anxiety and tooth decay (plus many many other problems). You can find them in my journal thread if you are more interested.

The main problem with ketosis (and I'm surprised you are in this forum as most people here are avid ketosis haters) is that is an stress adaptive state. It is a mechanism for the human body to survive with other foods are not available, or during times of starvation (i.e winter and famine). Unfortunately it usually does make you feel really great (thanks, high cortisol which supresses auto immune disease conditions), however in the long run you crash as it's basically forcing your body to run at high performance on stress hormones. For me eventually that ran my resources dry and I crashed. I believe it has happened to many people, in particular women. If you are having early success with it I am happy for you but there are lots of things to watch for and I don't really think it's ideal long term, as many crazy gurus will promote.

My not so expert two cents worth anyway. I'd warn you away from it now (there is a thread called Weight Loss Strategies that talk a lot about transitioning back to healthy glucose metabolism) but I'm sure your own experience is yours and I wish you all the best.

Xisca

e. It is a mechanism for the human body to survive with other foods are not available, or during times of starvation (i.e winter and famine). Unfortunately it usually does make you feel really great (thanks, high cortisol which supresses auto immune disease conditions), however in the long run you crash
I am coming to the idea that diet should change with seasons. As you say, we have a mecanism for surviving, + it makes feel great... And it is not meant to work long term.
I would profit of summer to go out of ketosis, and run again on ketosis the next winter!

Lilly

Janelle
Yes the estrogen crazies, very familiar with it! I take cyproheptadine so I don't notice much at night anymore.
Janelle, has cyproheptadine affected your libido in any way? What about sleep, do you sleep better ?

InChristAlone

Janelle

Janelle, has cyproheptadine affected your libido in any way? What about sleep, do you sleep better ?
I can't really tell if it's better it worse, I still mainly get high libido around ovulation. Yes I sleep way better on it.

Lilly

Sounds good! My libido is pretty good as avoulation approaches too and wouldn't want to mess that up;) but sleep needs some approving.

Constatine

Sun exposure is very important for libido. Try to get a lot of sun on your eyes (don't wear sun glasses). Sun exposure is also extremely important for female hormones.

Lilly

I adore the sun and try to get as much as I can. Winter is a bit problematic for that but I bought an infrared incandescent bulb the other day and I am going to try light therapy . I hope I got the right bulb for that.

Stud

true when i look in my infraredlight or sun I get horny, thats because of dopamine production right?

LUH 3417

Aside from a close connection/feelings of love, progesterone seems to be one of the biggest factors for me. I've been getting frequent blood work for years now and have noticed that my libido follows my progesterone levels. When I was going through a bottle of progest-e a week, my libido was insane. Not to be crude, but I was finding it difficult to be in public without getting highly aroused at just the sight of a guy.

I stopped all supplemental hormones and switched up my diet over two years ago and my progesterone is as high as it was while on progest-e, but my libido is much more controlled now, if that makes sense? It's strong all month long, but I'm no longer aroused at the sight of just any man. My libido is now more discerning. lol I'm not sure why the difference. I suspect I was messing with my ovulation because I could never seem to get the dosing right. I would bleed two weeks out of each month no matter how I dosed it. Both my prolactin and estrogen levels have always been at the lower end of the normal range so I don't think it had to do with the release of stored estrogens causing an insatiable drive.
How does one increase progesterone through diet? I also experienced increased libido on progestE but it’s was like a morbid moody libido that wanted to stay in bed all day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals