Female Libido

walker_in_aus

I have been searching the forum for discussions on improving female libido. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but I can't find anything?

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have read so many things on how to get a raging boner but as I don't actually have a penis this isn't that helpful to me....

Any ladies out there given themselves raging "lady boners"?

NathanK

I know testosterone works well for female libido. It's been brought up at least a 2 or 3 times in the past couple years. I can't speak for the rest of the scope of female libido

Xisca

Females are supposed to receive testosterone from males through saliva.
So I advise for long kisses!

Xisca

Also, join Nathan's and Xisca's avatars as an advise, and it will increase all the good hormones, even the ones that have not yet been discovered and cannot be found over-the-counter!

X3CyO

I have been searching the forum for discussions on improving female libido. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but I can't find anything?

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have read so many things on how to get a raging boner but as I don't actually have a penis this isn't that helpful to me....

When I wasnt eating fiber my libido was extremely high. Im a guy tho.

Integra

If you can, try eating more frequent, smaller meals of the fruit + dairy combo type.
I say eat that raw carrot, daily.
Sleep? If you're tired all the time, not gonna be any easier.
CO2/Buteyko breathing? It relaxes me, warms me up, brings me "into myself," calms the mind...
Art? Do you like to do any form of art? Or do you appreciate any form of art? What's beautiful to you? Can you look at/listen to/touch more of that? Art appreciation, I noticed, brings me to a very similar state of mind! I think it's much easier to transition to sensuality when your senses are appeased :D I think that mundane, boring activities that are part and parcel of our daily lives like doing the dishes or planning your budget are the worst mood-killers known to any woman.
The last and the best: pregnenalone and laughter. Those two usually come hand in hand for me.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

If you can, try eating more frequent, smaller meals of the fruit + dairy combo type.
I say eat that raw carrot, daily.
Sleep? If you're tired all the time, not gonna be any easier.
CO2/Buteyko breathing? It relaxes me, warms me up, brings me "into myself," calms the mind...
Art? Do you like to do any form of art? Or do you appreciate any form of art? What's beautiful to you? Can you look at/listen to/touch more of that? Art appreciation, I noticed, brings me to a very similar state of mind! I think it's much easier to transition to sensuality when your senses are appeased :D I think that mundane, boring activities that are part and parcel of our daily lives like doing the dishes or planning your budget are the worst mood-killers known to any woman.
The last and the best: pregnenalone and laughter. Those two usually come hand in hand for me.

I'm actually a recovering insomniac so maybe I just need more time. The last two years have had two very long sleepless insane periods so maybe another six months of good sleep with better metabolism it will improve.

Buteyko breathing next on my list. I made the "poor man's rebreather" but have not noticed significant changes when i've used it...

See budgeting makes me happy though :) I find joy in little things, I get to do lots of creative stuff but I have too little free time recently. Next month is better.

Thanks for the tips!

What I'd really like to know is like, what is the chemical process behind women's libido. Is it just increase in testosterone?

denise

I know when my thyroid totally crashed last year, my libido went into the toilet, along with my performance (dryness, etc.). I don't know whether it was the lack of thyroid hormone directly or the cascade of other hormonal stuff because of low thyroid that did it, but it was dramatic and terrible. Now it's much better, although I don't have (and have never had) what I'd call a raging libido. But as long as the hormonal stuff is in place, the rest (as I understand it) is more psychological and circumstantial. Having good, frequent sex keeps the fires stoked and becomes a positive feedback loop.

Integra

See budgeting makes me happy though :) I find joy in little things, I get to do lots of creative stuff but I have too little free time recently. Next month is better.

Right. Well, you know what I mean.You do you! :)

If you still have problems sleeping, then getting a little extra salt in your diet might help.

schultz

There is a lot of research on vaginal DHEA. I don't know how old you are, but usually they do the studies on post-menopausal women and it seems to be pretty effective. A dose of 5mg would be a good start. As for application, making suppositories using cocoa butter, vitamin E and DHEA would probably work well.

Effect of Intravaginal Prasterone on Sexual Dysfunction in Postmenopausal Women with Vulvovaginal Atrophy. - PubMed - NCBI
Effect of intravaginal dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on the female sexual function in postmenopausal women: ERC-230 open-label study. - PubMed - NCBI
Dehydroepiandrosterone intra vaginal administration for the management of postmenopausal vulvovaginal atrophy. - PubMed - NCBI
Effect of intravaginal dehydroepiandrosterone (Prasterone) on libido and sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women. - PubMed - NCBI

This one argues that it does nothing in pre-menopausal women, though they only gave one massive dose.
Acute dehydroepiandrosterone effects on sexual arousal in premenopausal women. - PubMed - NCBI

Almost the same study as the above but with post-menopausal women and it showed improvement.
Acute dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) effects on sexual arousal in postmenopausal women. - PubMed - NCBI

TubZy

Female libido would be similar to male libido honestly, just smaller amounts. Adequate thyroid function, lower estrogen, lower cortisol etc

So fat soluble vitamins, androsterone, DHEA, zinc, DHT (in super small amounts), caffeine, niacinamide, magnesium, pregnenolone...and anything that lowers serotonin or prolactin should increase it further.

Why do you think bodybuilder chicks are so horny all the time haha? Especially the ones that are abusing heavy androgens.

InChristAlone

I feel like for a woman libido rises and falls in cycles tied into the menstrual cycle. So naturally you would be horny around ovulation and less so towards the end of the cycle. I get sex dreams around ovulation it is a wonderful thing to experience even though a party pooper told me that remembering dreams means my blood glucose is low. I only experience the 'wet dreams' when my youth hormones are up. To get the menstrual cycle really bang on try to do lunaception. If you don't have lots of street lights by your bedroom window you can let the moon shine in and during full moon you will ovulate really strongly.

Also, for just getting the sexual prowess flowing watch Betty Dodson YouTube videos! :kiss:

InChristAlone

Basically a tension orgasm from the sex dream.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Female libido would be similar to male libido honestly, just smaller amounts. Adequate thyroid function, lower estrogen, lower cortisol etc

So fat soluble vitamins, androsterone, DHEA, zinc, DHT (in super small amounts), caffeine, niacinamide, magnesium, pregnenolone...and anything that lowers serotonin or prolactin should increase it further.

Why do you think bodybuilder chicks are so horny all the time haha? Especially the ones that are abusing heavy androgens.
I had no idea body building ladies were so Randy!!! Thanks for the tips. :) How interesting!

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

I feel like for a woman libido rises and falls in cycles tied into the menstrual cycle. So naturally you would be horny around ovulation and less so towards the end of the cycle. I get sex dreams around ovulation it is a wonderful thing to experience even though a party pooper told me that remembering dreams means my blood glucose is low. I only experience the 'wet dreams' when my youth hormones are up. To get the menstrual cycle really bang on try to do lunaception. If you don't have lots of street lights by your bedroom window you can let the moon shine in and during full moon you will ovulate really strongly.

Also, for just getting the sexual prowess flowing watch Betty Dodson YouTube videos! :kiss:

Actually the last six months I have had some lady wet dreams! I do remember my dreams alot too - I know i have glucose problems at night as well as high serotonin... but it's getting better.

I have read about lunaception but I do have streetlights. I know you can get lunaception moon light thingos for your room... I also have significantly more difficult time sleeping at full moon. Truly makes me and the women in my family a bit crazy! Estrogen :(

InChristAlone

Yes the estrogen crazies, very familiar with it! I take cyproheptadine so I don't notice much at night anymore.