Female With Alopecia

skycop00

Hello all,

I have just come across a lovely young lady in her low 20's who has gone completely bald. Her doctor says its an autoimmune alopecia. Can anyone point me in the right direction to assist her in the knowledge department on how to reverse this..???

OP
S

skycop00

This year I've noticed several girls on my college's campus, many of them in seemingly good health and good looking, that have clear "MPB" and even two who are bald (doesn't seem to be chemo based on other features but I could be wrong). Through family members I've also been alerted to many women in their 30+ years experiencing severe hair loss. It's interesting that in many cases this hair loss features the exact same vertex recession seen in "andorgenic alopecia". These women don't have mustaches, low voices ; and like I said, good looking girls. A complete "baldness" seems to also be rooted in energy (bioenergetics) despite the different labels.

You might want to check out Danny Roddy's latest videos on his youtube channel. He often puts some good research links that are scattered throughout the video. Like he says the research on "female pattern baldness" is a slightly less dogmatic than that for MPB. The first step should always be self evaluation; blood work (DHEA-S, TSH, Prolactin/PTH, and vitamin D would be really good places to start. Since it is diagnosed at autoimmune total T4 and T3 might be a good idea but I haven't really looked into autoimmune issues. There is a good KMUD with Dr. P about it), temp and pulse, sleep quality, appetite. There are rarely magic pills-although rapid cures are out there and many have seen or experienced them. I think that pointing the young lady towards Danny's work might help her figure things out for herself. It is a tough and very public condition to deal with, especially at a young age.

And since she is a female progesterone might be a good supplement to consider. Ray Peat's book "Progesterone in Orthomolecular medicine" is interesting.

KMUD 2012: Hair loss, Inflammation, and Osteoporosis Transcription: KMUD: Hair Loss, Inflammation and Osteoporosis (2012)

--RP ( on female hairloss) : "The androgens usually are up, but prolactin excess — the difference seems to be whether the prolactin is steadily high, or whether it surges very high. Both hirsutism and hair loss are associated with high prolactin. The thyroid supplement is a very reliable way to control prolactin in most women. vitamin A and calcium also help to inhibit excess prolactin."

Politics and Science: Autoimmune and Movement Disorders Transcription: Politics & Science: Autoimmune Diseases and Movement Disorders (2012)
Generative Energy: A Bioenergetic View of Autoimmunity Transcription(D Roddy and Haidut): A Bioenergetic View Of Autoimmunity [Generative Energy #12]
Thank you so much for taking the time to write all that out. I personally have heard RP on the issue for men, but missed the other side. I work mostly with men and slowly working with woman more and more. For thyroid...seems like an endless rabbit hole. I rarely run into anyone that gets tremendous life changing results...! Thanks again!

moss

--RP ( on female hairloss) : "The androgens usually are up, but prolactin excess — the difference seems to be whether the prolactin is steadily high, or whether it surges very high. Both hirsutism and hair loss are associated with high prolactin. The thyroid supplement is a very reliable way to control prolactin in most women. vitamin A and calcium also help to inhibit excess prolactin."

@skycop00
As you probably know, if she doesn't wish to take thyroid initially, B6 and Vitex can both be helpful in reducing prolactin as well.

Koveras

There seems to be some research with good success using JAK inhibitors for those forms of alopecia. Likely costly though and should of course make sure the general health is in place.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals