Falling Asleep

OP
J

Jing

Mouth breathing is a sign of low CO2. Your thyroid isnt functioning correctly. Have you tried methylene blue? Or thiamine? Your breathing should be deep, free and easy and you should not feel like breathing through your mouth is required.
Sorry I ment I don't breathe through my mouth only my nose.

OP
J

Jing

Gaba promotes sleep. Anthing that enhances it should help. Try a little taurine with your evening meal.
Doesn't work lol taurine sometimes helps me sleep abit better once I'm asleep though but then it makes me feel groggy next day and lowers my libido.

OP
J

Jing

It sounds like you're anxious. You need to address that in the first instance. As relaxation becomes easier, you will fall asleep quicker. But of course you should still have a sensible bed time routine.
I don't really feel anxious though , I've been waking up and going to sleep same times for over two years now occasionally wake up maybe half hour later or earlier.

JKX

Stress can be chemical, physical or emotional. Just because you dont feel anxious I wouldnt rule out the possibility that you may be under stress. The sleeping issue would suggest otherwise, perhaps?
Taurine upregulates your ability to produce protective sterols. If this impacts your libido the correct question to ask yourself is why? Libido should neither be low or high. It should be there, as required, in response to stimulation.

OP
J

Jing

Stress can be chemical, physical or emotional. Just because you dont feel anxious I wouldnt rule out the possibility that you may be under stress. The sleeping issue would suggest otherwise, perhaps?
Taurine upregulates your ability to produce protective sterols. If this impacts your libido the correct question to ask yourself is why? Libido should neither be low or high. It should be there, as required, in response to stimulation.
I don't know why lol I've always assumed taurine is increasing my gaba so this lowers my libido.

Velve921

Done that apart from mouth taping and meditation clip but I breathe through my mouth and any noise always makes it worse for me.

mouth breathing has been shown to lower CO2... once I started mouth taping then I felt a new level of 24 hour calmness.

a good way to test out yoga nidra and mouth taping is with a 20 minute nap in the middle of the day

JKX

I think when a substance, which has been fairly well documented to provide a number of beneficial effects, is having a percieved negative effect, its important to try and understand why. I doubt its as simple as elevated gaba, lowered libido. I think it would be good to look at other substances which increase gaba and compare. A starter may be progesterone.

I also dont know the context of your overall health, so its difficult to weigh in with an informed answer. Is your health otherwise good? Forgive me if I'm off the mark.

How do you know the effect was negative? Lowered libido or no libido? Arousal issues?

From my own personal experience, when something which was supposed to be beneficial created a negative effect, it was usually related to lowered stress and revelation of metabolism not functioning optimally. Anything that boosts metabolism should help. If you are struggling with thyroid supplementation, which can be very tricky, I'd suggest looking into alternatives especially with regard to things which promote atp and improve nad to nadh ratio. Methylene blue or inosine may be things to consider.

I personally find inosine very relaxing and 500mg with some calcium and magnesium an hour before bed and I'm drifting off as soon as my head hits the pillow.

OP
J

Jing

mouth breathing has been shown to lower CO2... once I started mouth taping then I felt a new level of 24 hour calmness.

a good way to test out yoga nidra and mouth taping is with a 20 minute nap in the middle of the day
I don't mouth breathe .

OP
J

Jing

I think when a substance, which has been fairly well documented to provide a number of beneficial effects, is having a percieved negative effect, its important to try and understand why. I doubt its as simple as elevated gaba, lowered libido. I think it would be good to look at other substances which increase gaba and compare. A starter may be progesterone.

I also dont know the context of your overall health, so its difficult to weigh in with an informed answer. Is your health otherwise good? Forgive me if I'm off the mark.

How do you know the effect was negative? Lowered libido or no libido? Arousal issues?

From my own personal experience, when something which was supposed to be beneficial created a negative effect, it was usually related to lowered stress and revelation of metabolism not functioning optimally. Anything that boosts metabolism should help. If you are struggling with thyroid supplementation, which can be very tricky, I'd suggest looking into alternatives especially with regard to things which promote atp and improve nad to nadh ratio. Methylene blue or inosine may be things to consider.

I personally find inosine very relaxing and 500mg with some calcium and magnesium an hour before bed and I'm drifting off as soon as my head hits the pillow.
Yh progesterone causes me low libido too ..
My health isn't the worst but not the best either I have lots of digestive problems , brain fog not everyday though, fatigue now and then , chronic prostatitis frequent urination. Problems with my nose being quite stuffy .

It's negative because it lowered my libido to the point that I'm just not interested and it makes it hard to get erections .

I've tried calcium and magnesium before bed with no results haven't tried inosine though.

ebs

What's people tips for falling asleep fast? Like atleast within 10 minutes. I still can't solve this issue takes me up to hour to fall asleep every night it makes me dread going to sleep I've tried loads of things even cyproheptadine doesn't help.

I seriously wouldn't worry about needing an hour to fall asleep. That's not even insomnia.

Before I experienced real insomnia I always needed 1-2 hours to fall asleep likely because of too much adrenaline buildup and a racing mind. If this is your only problem you should be able to fix it with simple sleep hygiene.

That means completely relaxing about two hours before going to bed, listening to ambien sounds or something similar and no tv or phone usage. Make sure to eat some fruit before going to sleep.

But if you're looking for a quick fix then mirtazapine will be your best bet. You'll be guaranteed to fall asleep within 20 min.

OP
J

Jing

I seriously wouldn't worry about needing an hour to fall asleep. That's not even insomnia.

Before I experienced real insomnia I always needed 1-2 hours to fall asleep likely because of too much adrenaline buildup and a racing mind. If this is your only problem you should be able to fix it with simple sleep hygiene.

That means completely relaxing about two hours before going to bed, listening to ambien sounds or something similar and no tv or phone usage. Make sure to eat some fruit before going to sleep.

But if you're looking for a quick fix then mirtazapine will be your best bet. You'll be guaranteed to fall asleep within 20 min.
Sometimes It can take me more than an hour ... But having to lay there for an hour everynight is a problem lol I also wake up in the night and sometimes will take another hour or two to fall asleep again ....

I used to take mirtazapine I don't remember falling asleep fast but it made me a zombie the next day .

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm what form? I use to smoke cannabis couple years ago for sleep did wonders lol but it caused more problems .
CBD tincture might be better as it can help with relaxation without the mind-altering effects.

HLP

I'm what form? I use to smoke cannabis couple years ago for sleep did wonders lol but it caused more problems .
THC oil if you can find it or Raw bud THCA put in capsules and consume in the evening when you are home for the night. L orinthine also works to anchor deep sleep. I try not to use the same method everynight.

redsun

What's people tips for falling asleep fast? Like atleast within 10 minutes. I still can't solve this issue takes me up to hour to fall asleep every night it makes me dread going to sleep I've tried loads of things even cyproheptadine doesn't help.

I dont see anything wrong with taking about an hour to fall asleep. If you are falling asleep in 10 minutes you are one of those overtired, overworked people with no physical or mental energy to spare.

OP
J

Jing

I dont see anything wrong with taking about an hour to fall asleep. If you are falling asleep in 10 minutes you are one of those overtired, overworked people with no physical or mental energy to spare.
It's just depressing laying there for an hour or more , the thing is I do feel overtired lol like I can be exhausted and feel like I could fall asleep any second but once I get in bed I just can't sleep.

D

danishispsychic

Magnesium spray on your feet- ( now foods , not sponse ) and a shot of tart cherry juice and you wont even be able to stay awake to long enough turn your lights off.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals