Falling Asleep

Jing

What's people tips for falling asleep fast? Like atleast within 10 minutes. I still can't solve this issue takes me up to hour to fall asleep every night it makes me dread going to sleep I've tried loads of things even cyproheptadine doesn't help.

Beastmode

What's people tips for falling asleep fast? Like atleast within 10 minutes. I still can't solve this issue takes me up to hour to fall asleep every night it makes me dread going to sleep I've tried loads of things even cyproheptadine doesn't help.

Proper Neurofeedback can sort out the anxiousness that underlies not being able to fall asleep relatively fast. Build the resources, remove the "bottleneck," and you won't have to search for another "chemical" to intake.

mrchibbs

Is your thyroid low? It's hard to fall asleep when we're hypothyroid

OP
J

Jing

Is your thyroid low? It's hard to fall asleep when we're hypothyroid
Probably, but I was taking T3 before and it helped with energy and cold tolerance and exercise tolerance but no difference to my sleep , I've always tried tyromix .

OP
J

Jing

Proper Neurofeedback can sort out the anxiousness that underlies not being able to fall asleep relatively fast. Build the resources, remove the "bottleneck," and you won't have to search for another "chemical" to intake.
How is this done?

mrchibbs

Probably, but I was taking T3 before and it helped with energy and cold tolerance and exercise tolerance but no difference to my sleep , I've always tried tyromix .

Being hypothyroid is not something that is solved by supplementation. And the symptoms certainly don't really improve with intermittent supplementation

OP
J

Jing

Being hypothyroid is not something that is solved by supplementation. And the symptoms certainly don't really improve with intermittent supplementation
What can be done about this then?

mrchibbs

Beastmode

How is this done?

Look up a practitioner who can do a QEEG (google it,) and knows how to do the trainings. Dr. Andrew Hill in Culver, California is one of the best if you're in that area. You can also call them and they might know of a quality practitioner in your area.

Velve921

Pre bedtime meal + blue blocker glasses + mouth taping + yoga nidra sleep meditation clip has worked quite well for me

HLP

Try an aspirin an hour before bed. Do something quiet during that time. Don't drink water after supper.

I often just empty my mind but concentrate on slow breathing, usually I'm away in the land of nod* 10 minutes :yawn::yawn:

*The Land of Nod is a mythical land where we travel to to sleep :angelic::smug:

OP
J

Jing

Look up a practitioner who can do a QEEG (google it,) and knows how to do the trainings. Dr. Andrew Hill in Culver, California is one of the best if you're in that area. You can also call them and they might know of a quality practitioner in your area.
I'm in the UK , its way to expensive so I can't do that.

OP
J

Jing

Pre bedtime meal + blue blocker glasses + mouth taping + yoga nidra sleep meditation clip has worked quite well for me
Done that apart from mouth taping and meditation clip but I breathe through my mouth and any noise always makes it worse for me.

OP
J

Jing

I often just empty my mind but concentrate on slow breathing, usually I'm away in the land of nod* 10 minutes :yawn::yawn:

*The Land of Nod is a mythical land where we travel to to sleep :angelic::smug:
Tried all that lol if it was that easy I wouldn't be asking

JKX

Mouth breathing is a sign of low CO2. Your thyroid isnt functioning correctly. Have you tried methylene blue? Or thiamine? Your breathing should be deep, free and easy and you should not feel like breathing through your mouth is required.

JKX

Gaba promotes sleep. Anthing that enhances it should help. Try a little taurine with your evening meal.

M

metabolizm

It sounds like you're anxious. You need to address that in the first instance. As relaxation becomes easier, you will fall asleep quicker. But of course you should still have a sensible bed time routine.