Thyroid Dosing Advice

peatyfoody

Hi all,

Could you please give me some advice regarding the dosage of Levithyroxine?

I ordered Cynoplus weeks ago but I still have not received it and they are claiming that they did not get the payment etc...it is a mess.

So I feeling like a crap and can not sleep at all, have so severe adrenal surges that I am freezing like hell. I wake up at midnight if I go to bed around 10 so that I am shaking and I could cry because I am freezing so much. Then have a hot shower, eat a cup of melted ice cream, can not go back to sleep.. then wake up again to drink salty OJ, but nothing really helps. If everything goes well I can fall asleep again around 6 until 8. This has been going on again for weeks. But of course the insomnia generally for years. So yeah all in all I feel ***t.

So yesterday I headed to a pharmacy and bought Levithyroxin, they gave me 250 mcg tablets. How should one dose it? Starting an 1/4 tablet is ok? Should I take it at night too? Like 1/4 morning and 1/4 night. I know Ray recommends T4/3 so therefore as soon as my order finally arrives I will transition.

goodandevil

Hi all,

I ordered Cynoplus weeks ago but I still have not received it and they are claiming that they did not get the payment etc...it is a mess.

So I feeling like a crap and can not sleep at all, have so severe adrenal surges that I am freezing like hell. I wake up at midnight if I go to bed around 10 so that I am shaking and I could cry because I am freezing so much. Then have a hot shower, eat a cup of melted ice cream, can not go back to sleep.. then wake up again to drink salty OJ, but nothing really helps. If everything goes well I can fall asleep again around 6 until 8. This has been going on again for weeks. But of course the insomnia generally for years. So yeah all in all I feel ***t.

So yesterday I headed to a pharmacy and bought Levithyroxin, they gave me 250 mcg tablets. How should one dose it? Starting an 1/4 tablet is ok? Should I take it at night too? Like 1/4 morning and 1/4 night. I know Ray recommends T4/3 so therefore as soon as my order finally arrives I will transition.
Can i ask if you ordered cynoplus from mexmeds4u?

Peatful

Hi all,

I know you asked about thyroid dosing.
It is hard to answer without other data.

I would start by eating more easily digestible Peaty foods more frequently. Meaning every three hours.
This is simple but a very important and effective action for healing.

Others will give good advice I'm sure.

Kartoffel

Hi all,

I would advise against taking any thyroxine without T3 in your situation. When I first started taking thyroid, I had to start with 1/8 of a cynoplus tablet, which would be 15mcg of T4. Before, I took more and had the same symptoms you have. I felt good for a few hours but then had adrenaline symptoms at night, including icy extremities and insomnia.
Your liver needs time to adjust to a higher metabolism, especially when you are very hypo to begin with. I also found that taking a single dose (of T4 and T3) in the morning with breakfast was much better than taking several doses later during the day.

OP
P

peatyfoody

No guys.. maybe I was not clear. I have been trying to fix my sleep for 3 years, 2 years with high carb but especially with peaty foods for several months. My digestion problems are way better on a peaty diet, and now I have daily bowel movements, too. I do not have food fear, I am eating balanced macros, I can eat up to 5000 kcals even, still have insomnia. I can have different bedtime snacks, higher carb dinner/lower carb dinner, higher fat, low fat.. anything. I still have the same old insomnia where I wale up between midnight-3 and can not go back to sleep. Annnnd I ordered cynoplus 4 weeks ago (and other things from everywhere else e.g. tetracycline for my gut, because i think the root cause is that one for me, but afraid that my cortisol production is already malfunctioning but we will see.. hopefully thyroid will be enough). Sooo and these shaking adrenal rushes have been going on now for almost a week. It has never been so bad and I cried every night they were so bad. So I thought I should immediately take sg or I will kill my thyroid. I went to the local pharmacy and bought thyroid, but we have here only T4 (levi). But I thought does not matter I will start and gonna transition after 2 weeks when my order arrives. I started 1/4 of a 125 mcg tablet and indeed my shakings are almost gone, or maybe better to say mildened. But I am still awake now since 2am sipping my hot milk/cream/honey/salt drink. And hope to sleep back soon...

And my question was how to start at what dosage. Of course I know combined T4/3 better and I ordered cynoplus but i mentioned that at the main question. I think I will try to increase up to half of a tablet so 62,5 mcg and see whether it is gonna be better. And for now I will take it morning on an empty stomach and if it is not going to be better then try to take it in more doses. Hope this will be a good strategy.

sweetpeat

And my question was how to start at what dosage. Of course I know combined T4/3 better and I ordered cynoplus but i mentioned that at the main question. I think I will try to increase up to half of a tablet so 62,5 mcg and see whether it is gonna be better. And for now I will take it morning on an empty stomach and if it is not going to be better then try to take it in more doses. Hope this will be a good strategy.
You could also try taking it with your evening meal or at bedtime. Especially since your difficulties are occurring during the night. Many people, myself included, find it helpful to take t4 at night.

Rickyman

What are your evening activities ? Do you watch a lot of news, TV or action packed movies ?

This will interfere with sleep.

johnsmith

I have been taking 75mcg synthetic T4 and around 38mcg synthetic T3 throughout the day. Is this a lot? Is there a limit as to how much you can take? Im only 31 years old. I still struggle at getting my axillary temperature up to 98.7. However, it is easy to get my oral temps up to 98.7

johnsmith

Should I be dosing my thyroid medication more so based on my temperature, or pulse? I normally dose more so based on my temperature, but my pulse often seems high, 92-102 bpm, where as my oral temps are most of the time around 98.4-98.6. Maybe I should start dosing more so based on pulse?

I dose thyroid based upon temperature and heart rate. I use a cheap but effective pulse oximeter and a US$18 digitial thermometer. I carry them with me. I have found nothing better.

I take 100mcg of T4, divided in morning and evening, and take T3 as I wake up and go through my day, 6 mcg or so every few hours. I think it's probably around 30mcg or so of T3. It's all done on a feedback loop.

johnsmith

I dose thyroid based upon temperature and heart rate. I use a cheap but effective pulse oximeter and a US$18 digitial thermometer. I carry them with me. I have found nothing better.

I take 100mcg of T4, divided in morning and evening, and take T3 as I wake up and go through my day, 6 mcg or so every few hours. I think it's probably around 30mcg or so of T3. It's all done on a feedback loop.
Thanks a lot, I’m definelty going to get one of those pulse oximeters.

I suspect I may have been dosing a little bit too much t3 because my room is overly cold this winter.

Thanks a lot, I’m definelty going to get one of those pulse oximeters.

I suspect I may have been dosing a little bit too much t3 because my room is overly cold this winter.

I need much more. Two or three times more when it’s cold.

miki14

I take t4 only and I prefer it over ndt & t3. The human thyroid gland produces around 100mcg of t4 and only a few mcg of t3, like 5mcg I've read once but not sure. Much different ratios then pigs. The human liver converts a lot of t4 into t3 depending on your sugar/ starch intake. I think starting with 50mcg of the bat is ok when you have strong hypo symptoms. 25mcg would be more prudent. I hear always people saying you should increase in 1-2 week periods put if you react positivly, like I did, instant improvement, I think 3 day periods are fine. I got hyper above 125mcg and I feel good with 50 but out of convience I take 100mcg, half a tablet, easy to cut. I find there is an unhelpful obsession with t3 in the peatosphere. Most men of decent health do well on t4 only, Peat mentioned it himself. Some men & most women convert poorly t4 to t3, they need some or only t3 but you get t4 everywhere, some docs give a prisciption for low dose t4 quite easily. Getting ndt/ or t4/3combo is almost impossible in a lot of countries. I wasted lots of time & money to get my hands on ndt&t3 without the same results. For me t4 rocks! So try your luck!

Jsaute21

To be specific does this mean you take cynoplus in both AM and PM? So a t3/t4 combined dose and then just cynomel sprinkles throughout the day or just a T4 stand alone at those intervals? If it’s cynoplus and you took 50 mcg doses that would result in 12.5 mcg t3 a pop.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals