Extreme bloating and palpitations from fruit and honey

PeterSN

So I have been on the "ray peat diet" for a year now, which is me eating white rice at the beginning with meat and honey, I then switched the rice out for fruit a couple of months ago and my bloating has been getting worse, not to mention my autoimmune issues as well as heart palpitations, most likely from the endotoxin changing the cells out of the resting state, etc.. Tried the carrot salad, not working at all, tried it with coconut oil as well. I also thought it was the fruit, so I dropped it as well and only ate honey, the bloating reduced but was still there, unlike when I was carnivore, with zero bloating. Wondering if anyone has been through the same thing, and am curious to here what anyone has to say to fix this? Thanks.

So I have been on the "ray peat diet" for a year now, which is me eating white rice at the beginning with meat and honey, I then switched the rice out for fruit a couple of months ago and my bloating has been getting worse, not to mention my autoimmune issues as well as heart palpitations, most likely from the endotoxin changing the cells out of the resting state, etc.. Tried the carrot salad, not working at all, tried it with coconut oil as well. I also thought it was the fruit, so I dropped it as well and only ate honey, the bloating reduced but was still there, unlike when I was carnivore, with zero bloating. Wondering if anyone has been through the same thing, and am curious to here what anyone has to say to fix this? Thanks.
Fruit and honey can cause histamine issues in many people. Drop try low histamine fruits like apples or watermelon and see if your reactions are so extreme. For the apples I peel and juice them or cook them as Ray Peat suggests. My son juiced some orhanic apples the other day and gave me a glass, with me not knowing he left the skins on, and I had a stomach ache for hours. Also the pesticides on non-organic fruits can cause even more bad reactions, so do your testing with organic fruits to be sure.

As far as the honey goes, Ray Peat talks about honeys being more or less allergenic depending on what the bees were collecting from. Try local honey.

aliml

Extreme bloating and palpitations can be symptoms of a Gallbladder Attack. High consumption of carbohydrate and fructose may increase the risk of developing Biliary Sludge.

Extreme bloating and palpitations can be symptoms of a Gallbladder Attack. High consumption of carbohydrate and fructose may increase the risk of developing Biliary Sludge.
I have had gall bladder attacks and they come with pain on right side. Fatty foods and eggs are bigger culprits

Jennifer

@PeterNoddeboe, did you experience any bloating while consuming white rice and was the carnivore diet you followed low in carbs? If so, could you have SIBO?

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

@PeterNoddeboe, did you experience any bloating while consuming white rice and was the carnivore diet you followed low in carbs? If so, could you have SIBO?
At the beginning of my transition from carnivore not even honey or white rice bloated me, but now it seems that anything high in glucose, fructose or both bloats me, I could very well have SIBO, Danny Roddy talked about this and he said that he solved it by going on some antibiotics, I think it was called minocycline, but yeah it's really bad as I can feel the endotoxin manifesting itself through my Raynaud's, erythromelalgia and palpitations, i have also not been having good sleep because of these symptoms, so that could also be a factor

Jennifer

At the beginning of my transition from carnivore not even honey or white rice bloated me, but now it seems that anything high in glucose, fructose or both bloats me, I could very well have SIBO, Danny Roddy talked about this and he said that he solved it by going on some antibiotics, I think it was called minocycline, but yeah it's really bad as I can feel the endotoxin manifesting itself through my Raynaud's, erythromelalgia and palpitations, i have also not been having good sleep because of these symptoms, so that could also be a factor
Since you mention having Raynaud's and erythromelalgia, do you by chance track your temps and pulse and/or have you been diagnosed with thyroid disease such as hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's? I ask because neurovascular conditions and poor carbohydrate metabolism make me think thyroid, and also adrenals but they're affected by thyroid function.

Antibiotics such as rifaximin (for an excess of hydrogen producing bacteria) and neomycin (for an excess of methane producing bacteria) are the standard treatment for SIBO but if the cause isn't addressed, you risk the SIBO returning after antibiotic treatment is discontinued, something that is all too common. If I'm not mistaken, Danny has supplemented with thyroid.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Since you mention having Raynaud's and erythromelalgia, do you by chance track your temps and pulse and/or have you been diagnosed with thyroid disease such as hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's? I ask because neurovascular conditions and poor carbohydrate metabolism make me think thyroid, and also adrenals but they're affected by thyroid function.

Antibiotics such as rifaximin (for an excess of hydrogen producing bacteria) and neomycin (for an excess of methane producing bacteria) are the standard treatment for SIBO but if the cause isn't addressed, you risk the SIBO returning after antibiotic treatment is discontinued, something that is all too common. If I'm not mistaken, Danny has supplemented with thyroid.
So just a quick update, I was able to get some amoxicillin and flagyl(not ideal) for around 10 days, also treated with ketoconazole. No improvement, and I've also noticed that my bloating is way worse if I eat honey, than if I eat white rice, I have no idea what to do anymore.

Jennifer

@PeterNoddeboe, it can take months on rifaximin and neomycin to clear SIBO but even then, given my own experience and what I’ve read, the treatment’s success rate long-term isn’t great. Setting aside the possibility that your bloating is thyroid related given you also have Raynaud’s, I wonder if you’re sensitive to honey, and now even more so since taking antibiotics? Have you tried juicing fruit instead of eating it whole? The beauty of white rice is unlike honey, its low in allergens and unlike fruit, it lacks virtually any fiber and in my experience, fiber can feed an overgrowth. Have you tried a diet of meat/seafood, eggs, cheese, milk (potentially better if it’s pasteurized), white rice, white sugar and fruit juice?

Yonebayashian

How much sunlight are you getting? Sugars need adequate sunlight in order to be properly metabolized. When I first started incorporating sugar it was in a Texan summer and went amazingly. During winter nothing I did worked no matter what I tried. Only once I started getting a lot of sunlight could I go back to drinking a liter of orange juice with no protein to balance it without my throat feeling inflamed wheras during the winter a couple teaspoons of sugar would mess with me.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

@PeterNoddeboe, it can take months on rifaximin and neomycin to clear SIBO but even then, given my own experience and what I’ve read, the treatment’s success rate long-term isn’t great. Setting aside the possibility that your bloating is thyroid related given you also have Raynaud’s, I wonder if you’re sensitive to honey, and now even more so since taking antibiotics? Have you tried juicing fruit instead of eating it whole? The beauty of white rice is unlike honey, its low in allergens and unlike fruit, it lacks virtually any fiber and in my experience, fiber can feed an overgrowth. Have you tried a diet of meat/seafood, eggs, cheese, milk (potentially better if it’s pasteurized), white rice, white sugar and fruit juice?

How much sunlight are you getting? Sugars need adequate sunlight in order to be properly metabolized. When I first started incorporating sugar it was in a Texan summer and went amazingly. During winter nothing I did worked no matter what I tried. Only once I started getting a lot of sunlight could I go back to drinking a liter of orange juice with no protein to balance it without my throat feeling inflamed wheras during the winter a couple teaspoons of sugar would mess with me.
Yeah, I haven't actually been out in the sun very much, I'm probs pretty deficient in bit d, it's just so hot where I live, it's quite hard to stay out for long

IPlayDart

Really, but isn't it a starch, I find well cooked white rice and potatoes both make my symptoms way worse
White rice always makes me feel bad. It’s a refined food. Completely unnatural and useless.

I‘ve been eating a lot of sourdough rye bread the last days, after avoiding wheat for years. Other than feeling less androgenic I don’t really have problems with it. It can be constipating though.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

White rice always makes me feel bad. It’s a refined food. Completely unnatural and useless.

I‘ve been eating a lot of sourdough rye bread the last days, after avoiding wheat for years. Other than feeling less androgenic I don’t really have problems with it. It can be constipating though.
I see, I did try some sourdough breath back in 2021 when I was just starting off with ray peat lifestyle, the results weren't very good either, but it could have been to the fact that the bread i was buying had alot of additives in it

IPlayDart

I see, I did try some sourdough breath back in 2021 when I was just starting off with ray peat lifestyle, the results weren't very good either, but it could have been to the fact that the bread i was buying had alot of additives in it
That’s probably it. Buy natural bread with the only additive being some sea salt.

You should detox and get yourself on nattokinase, modified citrus pectin, ivermectin since you are vaxxed. Grape seed extract for your blood. Also most importantly do intravenous Vitamin C, glutathione and vitamin drips regularly to clean up some of the junk that was injected into you. Research and try various detox regimens. That would be the primary thing at this point.
* and nebulized Methylene blue as well. MSM. Also try and follow this protocol:

IPlayDart

You should detox and get yourself on nattokinase, modified citrus pectin, ivermectin since you are vaxxed. Grape seed extract for your blood. Also most importantly do intravenous Vitamin C, glutathione and vitamin drips regularly to clean up some of the junk that was injected into you. Research and try various detox regimens. That would be the primary thing at this point.
Where did you learn about this? Sounds like bullcrap to me.

Where did you learn about this? Sounds like bullcrap to me.
He’s vaxxed. He’s been injected with a lot of poisons, and these do help detox you, so if you want to say it’s bullcrap, that’s your own ignorant choice to believe that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals