Fed Up Of Food Intolerances!

T

tca300

Yea. Hypo is certaintly a factor. Did you notice at what dosage you needed vitamin A to work at and if it only improved after you increased thyroid?
I think 35kIU was when it started to lessen my acne, I usually take 60+kIU but I also eat a very high protein diet which increases vitamin A needs. And yes a supplement. When I started to use vitamin A I had already gotten my temps up, so I couldn't tell you if there was a synergistic response with the vit A and improved thyroid.

EIRE24

I think 35kIU was when it started to lessen my acne, I usually take 60+kIU but I also eat a very high protein diet which increases vitamin A needs. And yes a supplement. When I started to use vitamin A I had already gotten my temps up, so I couldn't tell you if there was a synergistic response with the vit A and improved thyroid.
So your acne was still there despite raising thyroid until.you added vit A 60k iu daily?

T

tca300

So your acne was still there despite raising thyroid until.you added vit A 60k iu daily?
Yes, but it depends on how much protein I'm eating. Under 100 grams of protein I can keep acne away with 30,000IU of vitamin A or less, but currently I eat closer to 220 grams of protein, so I need at least 60,000 IU ( typically 75k - 100k ) otherwise I get acne, and my libido disappears.

EIRE24

Yes, but it depends on how much protein I'm eating. Under 100 grams of protein I can keep acne away with 30,000IU of vitamin A or less, but currently I eat closer to 220 grams of protein, so I need at least 60,000 IU ( typically 75k - 100k ) otherwise I get acne, and my libido disappears.
Amazing how you have this figured out. It's awesome. Is the vit A retinil? Also, is it acne from oily skin if you don't take the vitamin A or? You don't take thyroid currently, no?

T

tca300

Retinyl palmitate. Cystic acne, the big ones that you can feel developing under the skin before they are visible. I have only noticed oily skin when fasting or when I'm dehydrated, I haven't experienced oily skin for years now. No I dont take thyroid, I dont need it. @EIRE24

EIRE24

Retinyl palmitate. Cystic acne, the big ones that you can feel developing under the skin before they are visible. I have only noticed oily skin when fasting or when I'm dehydrated, I haven't experienced oily skin for years now. No I dont take thyroid, I dont need it. @EIRE24
Ok may give this another try. How long did it take before you started to see results with the acne?

T

tca300

Ok may give this another try. How long did it take before you started to see results with the acne?
It takes a few days for the acne to dissapear. How have you taken it? How much? With how much fat? Topically? Rubbed into gums?

EIRE24

I took it in liver mostly but actually now I'm suspecting that the copper had something to do with it not absorbing sufficiently.

I have taken it orally too, retinil and rubbed on the skin up to 30k IU with not much luck but I was not balancing it with D at all. The only time my skin cleared was when I went on holiday and the sun and swimming in the sea everyday made such a difference. My skin is very oily but also I get lots of dead skin that sticks to my face with the oil so it's a catch 22. I'm not sure if A will help or not if it isn't an A deficiency and also I suspect I'm somewhat hypo and that much A could have a negative effect.

T

tca300

I took it in liver mostly but actually now I'm suspecting that the copper had something to do with it not absorbing sufficiently.

I have taken it orally too, retinil and rubbed on the skin up to 30k IU with not much luck but I was not balancing it with D at all. The only time my skin cleared was when I went on holiday and the sun and swimming in the sea everyday made such a difference. My skin is very oily but also I get lots of dead skin that sticks to my face with the oil so it's a catch 22. I'm not sure if A will help or not if it isn't an A deficiency and also I suspect I'm somewhat hypo and that much A could have a negative effect.
Im pretty sure I read somewhere from peat that it takes at least 35k IU to stop acne. 30kIU topically probably only results in about 3000IU absorbed.

shepherdgirl

@tca300
Re: hypoglycemia, gastritis, fatigue
Really sorry to hear this. Your metabolic rate is really awesome as I remember. I really hope you figure out what the problem is!
I know you must have had super low levels of pufa on your former diet. Have you taken some measures (more vitamin e for ex) to reduce pufa absorption? Do you think it is possible to remain pufa deficient despite more fat?
Just throwing out some random ideas, not sure whether they are helpful or not:
Is your thiamin intake adequate? Have you tried A2 milk?
Are you getting a lot of synthetic A and D from store milk?

T

tca300

@tca300
Re: hypoglycemia, gastritis, fatigue
Really sorry to hear this. Your metabolic rate is really awesome as I remember. I really hope you figure out what the problem is!
I know you must have had super low levels of pufa on your former diet. Have you taken some measures (more vitamin e for ex) to reduce pufa absorption? Do you think it is possible to remain pufa deficient despite more fat?
Just throwing out some random ideas, not sure whether they are helpful or not:
Is your thiamin intake adequate? Have you tried A2 milk?
Are you getting a lot of synthetic A and D from store milk?
Unfortunately the more fat you eat the easier PUFA is stored, unless in a calorie deficit or eating all fats from hydrogenated coconut oil. Currently Im just making sure Im not eating in a surplus, doing lots of low intensity walking, and using vitamin E. My vitamins and minerals are all good! I dont think A2 milk is necessary. I've never had issues with the vitamins in milk.

Im looking into testing to see if Im deficient in the fructose absorbing enzymes etc.. thank you for your thoughts!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals