Fed Up Of Food Intolerances!

jayUK9779

I’ll cut a long story short, I used to be bedbound diagnosed with CFS. I cut out gluten and dairy and foods with high PUFA. I regained mental strength and physically felt better for a short time. I went from 5000 kals a day to under eating which caused me problems. I tried to increase cals which has improved my health. I generally feel ok I can walk round and do basic things. But my diet is extremely limited. I just eat fresh fruit, juice, meat, potatoes, some veg. Some fish. Carrot salads coconut oil. Rice. No gluten dairy soy. I want dairy back in my diet as it would help with calories.

However, I try to introduce it..... whoooooaaaa severe diahorea and cramps bloating and then brain fog. Do I just drink milk and milk alone until my body finallyaccepts it??? Or maybe do DAY 1 one drop of milk, day 2 two drops?? Honestly any advice would be appreciated. Ps I ain’t drank milk now for over 8 years.

squanch

Cow milk is probably the dairy product with the biggest potential to cause problems.
I would start with goat or sheep cheeses.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
How is your vitamin D level?

OP
J

jayUK9779

How is your vitamin D level?
I usually eat kale and spinich and mushrooms for VIT D but i really should keep a track on things :( just my health is like a yoyo. Lately been more down than up.

Thanks for the advice about cows milk, I will give Goats milk a try, would you suggest start slow or go aggressive really want my body to accept this bloody thing haha!

Last edited:

squanch

Thanks for the advice about cows milk, I will give Goats milk a try, would you suggest start slow or go aggressive really want my body to accept this bloody thing haha!
I would start slow and not with goat milk but goat cheese.
Milk is harder to digest than cheese in my experience. Too much fluids and it's also usually cold (out of the fridge). I know, chugging down a glass of milk at the end of your meal can really bring up those calories without affecting hunger much (I've done it in the past). It's horrible for digestion though in my experience.

Last edited:
T

tca300

Your lucky man. I'm limited to dairy and meat. I cant consume anything with fructose or salicylates in it anymore.

OP
J

jayUK9779

Your lucky man. I'm limited to dairy and meat. I cant consume anything with fructose or salicylates in it anymore.
Thats Awful :( sorry man stay strong. its frustrating being limited to certain foods, but I hope you find some answers :( god bless. I have been looking into forcing my body into accepting it. Not sure its the right option compared to going slow. I will try the slow approach with cheeses and then go from there!

T

tca300

Thats Awful :( sorry man stay strong. its frustrating being limited to certain foods, but I hope you find some answers :( god bless. I have been looking into forcing my body into accepting it. Not sure its the right option compared to going slow. I will try the slow approach with cheeses and then go from there!
I wish you the best!

T

tca300

@raypeatclips I experience severe hypoglycemia, gastritis/bloody stools, extreme fatigue, bloating, and what I might consider anyphalaxis or pseudoanyphalaxis ( rapid breathing, no sleep, numbness and swelling in various areas ).

I dont know what happened. Maybe too low in fats for over a year allowed bacteria to massively overpopulate, and therefore compromised fructose absorption, and salicylate clearance.
Quite often I find when I dont listen to Ray I end up getting into trouble. He advised me against eating too low in fats, I didn't listen. Bile and fat is important for keeping gut bacteria under control, on top of that, the fats I was eating dont stimulate bile flow ( mct ).

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@raypeatclips I experience severe hypoglycemia, gastritis/bloody stools, extreme fatigue, bloating, and what I might consider anyphalaxis or pseudoanyphalaxis ( rapid breathing, no sleep, numbness and swelling in various areas ).
Not to sound like a broken record. But have you checked your vitamin D levels?

Birdie

I was bedbound with CFS and Fibro. I know the feeling of it all being out of control. And the exhaustion gets in the way of looking for answers.
That was 1994. I found my old Broda Barnes book on thyroid and started to apply it to myself. I think this was the start of my recovery. Well, I mean I began to feel better.

Ray Peat takes it even further:

PODCAST | Ray Peat & Josh Rubin & Jeanne Rubin
Feb 22, 2011 | East West - The Thyroid

00:29:10 - 00:29:46
what, like,what does the low body temperature mean or a low pulse or high pulse, and why do you use these as indicators of a baseline of our metabolism? DR. RAY PEAT: Broda Barnes, when he was working as a physician in the 30s, he was a PhD researcher who identified much of the physiology of hypothyroidism. But then he became a medical doctor and he practiced most of his life in Colorado where

00:31:50 - 00:32:32
low, but once they switched over to the manic phase, they would wake up with a pulse rate of maybe 75 or 80 and a temperature right where Broda Barnes wanted it. And so, besides just the average pulse rate and temperature, I saw that after those people would eat a big breakfast, their temperature would fall. By 11 o’clock, they would show up a hypothyroid temperature. And during the night, everyone

EIRE24

I dont know what happened. Maybe too low in fats for over a year allowed bacteria to massively overpopulate, and therefore compromised fructose absorption, and salicylate clearance.
Quite often I find when I dont listen to Ray I end up getting into trouble. He advised me against eating too low in fats, I didn't listen. Bile and fat is important for keeping gut bacteria under control, on top of that, the fats I was eating dont stimulate bile flow ( mct ).
Mct doesn't stimulate bile? I'm guessing animal fats do?

T

tca300

Mct doesn't stimulate bile? I'm guessing animal fats do?
I think its just the longer chains that do, 14+ chains. Olive oil, milk fat, beef fat, egg fat, and coconut oil to a lesser degree because its mostly medium chains, but still has some longer chains in it.

EIRE24

I think its just the longer chains that do, 14+ chains. Olive oil, milk fat, beef fat, egg fat, and coconut oil to a lesser degree because its mostly medium chains, but still has some longer chains in it.
Ok thanks @tca300 . In regards to your situation why don't you increase your fat intake and see if it helps with the food intolerances?

Sobieski

There are certain foods I struggle with that don't cause problems if consumed with large amounts of fat. I can't tolerate one glass of low fat milk without bloating and discomfort, yet full cream milk I can drink two litres of in one go no problem (though I wouldn't recommend it). Have you tried really ramping up your saturated fat intake for a short amount of time to let your body get back to normal?

T

tca300

Ok thanks @tca300 . In regards to your situation why don't you increase your fat intake and see if it helps with the food intolerances?
I have :D I have been on 60+ grams per day for a while now. Hopefully something changes haha.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals