• @Blossom Is A Blessing To This Community, Let Us Be A Blessing To Her
    Click Here For More Information
  • Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Enhancing Liver Function?

Nips

Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
14
I have mild hypothyroid. My TSH levels are high. I get liver pains. Suffered from mold toxicity.

What supplements / foods can help liver function?

Thanks a lot!
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
12,371
Location
USA
Coffee is a really good one. Enough protein also comes to mind.

Welcome to the forum, Nips. :welcome
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
12,371
Location
USA
Oh and definitely a good thyroid supplement.
 

cliff

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
425
Age
33
Location
Los Angeles
Carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoots to decrease endotoxin
 

Nips

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
14
Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys. Nice to be on a forum like this.

My doctor wont prescribe me thyroid.

I was thinking of maybe trying out pregnenolone. Sounds like a good idea?
 

Mittir

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
2,034
What is your TSH level? Complete avoidance of PUFA( fish oil and all kind of vegetable oils except coconut oil). At least 80 grams of protein ,preferably from cheese, milk and gelatine. I have noticed good dose of gelatine instantly helps with thyroid.
Daily raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoot. Complete avoidance of starch and fiber except for carrot and bamboo shoot.
At least 180 grams of sugar in the form of sucrose, fruit juices ( strained OJ, grapes, water melon etc) and lactose in milk. small frequent meals and few tbs of coconut oil daily. You have to start slow with gelatin and coconut oil , these two can cause upset stomach. If you are not used to milk, you can start slowly by drinking half a cup or less. Red light therapy is very helpful, that is simply using 250 watt incandescent bulbs. You will need a weekly serving of liver to get most of your copper and B vitamins. Always drink coffee with liver and other iron rich foods to minimize the over absorption of iron. Coffee is also very beneficial to liver. Using pregnenolone is a good idea. PUFA and Estrogen are the main cause of thyroid problems.
 

cliff

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
425
Age
33
Location
Los Angeles
I've had success with nutrimeds and cynoplus thyroid meds, both are easy to order from the internet.
 

4peatssake

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2013
Messages
2,055
Age
61
Mittir said:
What is your TSH level? Complete avoidance of PUFA( fish oil and all kind of vegetable oils except coconut oil). At least 80 grams of protein ,preferably from cheese, milk and gelatine. I have noticed good dose of gelatine instantly helps with thyroid.
Daily raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoot. Complete avoidance of starch and fiber except for carrot and bamboo shoot.
At least 180 grams of sugar in the form of sucrose, fruit juices ( strained OJ, grapes, water melon etc) and lactose in milk. small frequent meals and few tbs of coconut oil daily. You have to start slow with gelatin and coconut oil , these two can cause upset stomach. If you are not used to milk, you can start slowly by drinking half a cup or less. Red light therapy is very helpful, that is simply using 250 watt incandescent bulbs. You will need a weekly serving of liver to get most of your copper and B vitamins. Always drink coffee with liver and other iron rich foods to minimize the over absorption of iron. Coffee is also very beneficial to liver. Using pregnenolone is a good idea. PUFA and Estrogen are the main cause of thyroid problems.

:goodpost
 

FredSonoma

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2015
Messages
910
Nips said:
post 17920 I have mild hypothyroid. My TSH levels are high. I get liver pains. Suffered from mold toxicity.

What supplements / foods can help liver function?

Thanks a lot!

I've been living in a moldy house for 4 months and fk does it suck. What do you mean by mold toxicity?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DankMemes

Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2015
Messages
131
Charlie said:
post 17921 Enough protein also comes to mind.

Is it possible that too much protein could be a burden on weak livers due to excess ammonia?

I know this is an old thread but it's already been bumped!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas

Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2015
Messages
666
DankMemes said:
post 108076 Is it possible that too much protein could be a burden on weak livers due to excess ammonia?

yes, and especially if kidney function is low. find the level of protein that works for you, and not just any protein. the amino acids should be balanced well - making sure to get enough Taurine, Glycine, etc. I eat pork, beef, lamb, chicken, shrimp, clams, scallops, and oysters in a single week. i also get protein from yogurt, potatoes, eggs, oxtail broth, and milk. The aminos being balanced, alone, would even mitigate occasional ammonia problems. If you are really concerned about ammonia to the point that it may deter you from getting enough protein, you could supplement Niacinamide or Thiamine. Urine is commonly excessively foamy when protein is too high.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Similar threads

Top