Enhancing Liver Function?

Nips

I have mild hypothyroid. My TSH levels are high. I get liver pains. Suffered from mold toxicity.

What supplements / foods can help liver function?

Thanks a lot!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Coffee is a really good one. Enough protein also comes to mind.

Welcome to the forum, Nips. :welcome

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh and definitely a good thyroid supplement.

cliff

Carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoots to decrease endotoxin

OP
N

Nips

Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys. Nice to be on a forum like this.

My doctor wont prescribe me thyroid.

I was thinking of maybe trying out pregnenolone. Sounds like a good idea?

Mittir

What is your TSH level? Complete avoidance of PUFA( fish oil and all kind of vegetable oils except coconut oil). At least 80 grams of protein ,preferably from cheese, milk and gelatine. I have noticed good dose of gelatine instantly helps with thyroid.
Daily raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoot. Complete avoidance of starch and fiber except for carrot and bamboo shoot.
At least 180 grams of sugar in the form of sucrose, fruit juices ( strained OJ, grapes, water melon etc) and lactose in milk. small frequent meals and few tbs of coconut oil daily. You have to start slow with gelatin and coconut oil , these two can cause upset stomach. If you are not used to milk, you can start slowly by drinking half a cup or less. Red light therapy is very helpful, that is simply using 250 watt incandescent bulbs. You will need a weekly serving of liver to get most of your copper and B vitamins. Always drink coffee with liver and other iron rich foods to minimize the over absorption of iron. Coffee is also very beneficial to liver. Using pregnenolone is a good idea. PUFA and Estrogen are the main cause of thyroid problems.

cliff

I've had success with nutrimeds and cynoplus thyroid meds, both are easy to order from the internet.

4peatssake

Mittir said:
What is your TSH level? Complete avoidance of PUFA( fish oil and all kind of vegetable oils except coconut oil). At least 80 grams of protein ,preferably from cheese, milk and gelatine. I have noticed good dose of gelatine instantly helps with thyroid.
Daily raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoot. Complete avoidance of starch and fiber except for carrot and bamboo shoot.
At least 180 grams of sugar in the form of sucrose, fruit juices ( strained OJ, grapes, water melon etc) and lactose in milk. small frequent meals and few tbs of coconut oil daily. You have to start slow with gelatin and coconut oil , these two can cause upset stomach. If you are not used to milk, you can start slowly by drinking half a cup or less. Red light therapy is very helpful, that is simply using 250 watt incandescent bulbs. You will need a weekly serving of liver to get most of your copper and B vitamins. Always drink coffee with liver and other iron rich foods to minimize the over absorption of iron. Coffee is also very beneficial to liver. Using pregnenolone is a good idea. PUFA and Estrogen are the main cause of thyroid problems.

:goodpost

FredSonoma

Nips said:
post 17920 I have mild hypothyroid. My TSH levels are high. I get liver pains. Suffered from mold toxicity.

What supplements / foods can help liver function?

Thanks a lot!

I've been living in a moldy house for 4 months and fk does it suck. What do you mean by mold toxicity?

Last edited by a moderator:

DankMemes

Charlie said:
post 17921 Enough protein also comes to mind.

Is it possible that too much protein could be a burden on weak livers due to excess ammonia?

I know this is an old thread but it's already been bumped!

Nicholas

DankMemes said:
post 108076 Is it possible that too much protein could be a burden on weak livers due to excess ammonia?

yes, and especially if kidney function is low. find the level of protein that works for you, and not just any protein. the amino acids should be balanced well - making sure to get enough Taurine, Glycine, etc. I eat pork, beef, lamb, chicken, shrimp, clams, scallops, and oysters in a single week. i also get protein from yogurt, potatoes, eggs, oxtail broth, and milk. The aminos being balanced, alone, would even mitigate occasional ammonia problems. If you are really concerned about ammonia to the point that it may deter you from getting enough protein, you could supplement Niacinamide or Thiamine. Urine is commonly excessively foamy when protein is too high.