High glutamate/low GABA, ADHD and anhedonia

DonLore

Aside from high thyroid function, what helps to actually get into a long term state of normal glutamate/GABA signalling. It used to be pretty normal for me, well, with occasional mild low GABA symptoms, but now its gotten much, much worse. Racing thoughts, physical anxiety, brain fog. Gabaergics help tremendously. So what are the things to fix the brain to get back to normal gabaergic function without dependence forming drugs?

mostlylurking

Aside from high thyroid function, what helps to actually get into a long term state of normal glutamate/GABA signalling. It used to be pretty normal for me, well, with occasional mild low GABA symptoms, but now its gotten much, much worse. Racing thoughts, physical anxiety, brain fog. Gabaergics help tremendously. So what are the things to fix the brain to get back to normal gabaergic function without dependence forming drugs?
Thiamine plays a role in this. Search for "Thiamine" and "Gaba" to find information.
Here's some:

OP
D

DonLore

Thiamine plays a role in this. Search for "Thiamine" and "Gaba" to find information.
Here's some:
I tried the B1/other Bs many times but didnt really seem to make a difference. 50mg Thiamine hcl in ethanol on scrotal skin should equal at least 250mg oral, so if I was deficient I think I would have already feel it doing something. Also tried allithiamine 100mg. Have to give thiamine one more try some day, but I dont like the idea of megadosing nutrients as it makes no sense to me from biological point of view

mostlylurking

I tried the B1/other Bs many times but didnt really seem to make a difference. 50mg Thiamine hcl in ethanol on scrotal skin should equal at least 250mg oral, so if I was deficient I think I would have already feel it doing something. Also tried allithiamine 100mg. Have to give thiamine one more try some day, but I dont like the idea of megadosing nutrients as it makes no sense to me from biological point of view
Suit yourself. If you choose to try thiamine again, I suggest reading this book: Book - “Parkinson’s and the B1 Therapy” - Cure Parkinson's I'm not saying you have Parkinson's Disease. This book has a lot of personal stories of people taking thiamine and working out their own personal optimum doses which vary a lot; they also describe the symptoms that resolved via thiamine supplementation. There is also discussion of sublingual thiamine which is a little 100mg tablet that is dissolved under the tongue. This delivery method bypasses the gut absorption problem entirely. Since ethanol (alcohol) wreaks havoc on thiamine in the body, I do not understand the logic of putting thiamine in ethanol for application.

OP
D

DonLore

Suit yourself. If you choose to try thiamine again, I suggest reading this book: Book - “Parkinson’s and the B1 Therapy” - Cure Parkinson's I'm not saying you have Parkinson's Disease. This book has a lot of personal stories of people taking thiamine and working out their own personal optimum doses which vary a lot; they also describe the symptoms that resolved via thiamine supplementation. There is also discussion of sublingual thiamine which is a little 100mg tablet that is dissolved under the tongue. This delivery method bypasses the gut absorption problem entirely. Since ethanol (alcohol) wreaks havoc on thiamine in the body, I do not understand the logic of putting thiamine in ethanol for application.
Alcohol consumption is bad for thiamine, yes. But I am talking about using ethanol as a carrier for topical absorbtion. Just like Idealabs Energin. Ethanol does nothing for B1, its the body using up B1 when DRINKING lots of alcohol. And I am not using more than a few drinks per month. Shouldnt thiamine be quickly repleted with high doses, after which dietary sources would suffice?

mostlylurking

I am not using more than a few drinks per month
You're drinking alcohol?

The reason why I question the practice of mixing thiamine in ethanol is: 1. it dissolves just fine in plain water so what's the point? 2. Dr. Costantini made a very big deal to never mix thiamine into fruit juice or anything else that contains sugar because the sugar cancels the thiamine out and you don't get the benefit of the thiamine.

youngsinatra

The GAD enzyme that converts glutamate to GABA requires active B6.
I‘d not overdo it due to toxicity concerns and stick to low doses like 5-10mg of P5P.

OP
D

DonLore

You're drinking alcohol?

The reason why I question the practice of mixing thiamine in ethanol is: 1. it dissolves just fine in plain water so what's the point? 2. Dr. Costantini made a very big deal to never mix thiamine into fruit juice or anything else that contains sugar because the sugar cancels the thiamine out and you don't get the benefit of the thiamine.
Mostly no, I have stopped drinking but being a young person with social life, occasionally drinking 1 or 2 drinks is more benefit than harm.
1) the point is that alcohol is much more effective carrier for topical administration, meaning you can probably match IV bioavailability if you rub something like energin on your testicles (everything is absorbed instantly there). And this is talking about maybe milligram of ethanol. It has absolutely no effect on a person whatsoever. If you use water as a carrier, you get nowhere close to the absorption. Since I cant get IV thiamine, the next best thing I can do is mix 500mg of thiamine hcl into 1ml of ethanol, and rubbing it into my testicles. Voila, that is basically a 5,000mg oral dose if not more of thiamine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals