EMF From Headphones

Green Dot

I work in the entertainment industry so daily, prolonged use of studio headphones isn't uncommon.

Is there any way I can mitigate damage from the daily exposure to EMFs?

gallahad

Hi Greendot,
are your headphones cable based or connected via bluetooth / wireless?
You could change to cable based to circumvent any extra "radiation"...
EMF as far as i know tends to increase the calcium activity, so what you can do is to take magnesium to counter the effect.
Grounding after work if you have the time and place to do it is also a good practice to "unload"...
Do you have symptoms?
All the best for now

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

are your headphones cable based or connected via bluetooth / wireless?
You could change to cable based to circumvent any extra "radiation"...
EMF as far as i know tends to increase the calcium activity, so what you can do is to take magnesium to counter the effect.
Grounding after work if you have the time and place to do it is also a good practice to "unload"...
Do you have symptoms?
All the best for now
Hi, they're wired based.

Regarding calcium I usually get anywhere from 2 to up to 3 grams at times.

How many mg of magnesium would you advice? I'm supplementing around 400-800mg right now.

I feel slightly less articulate, that may just be placebo though.

JamesGatz

Are you using air tubes ? Those were game-changers for me I use the ones from defendershield -

A little bit of a pretty penny but the quality is there - im sure you can find air tubes for cheaper elsewhere but those are the ones i have and am satisfied with the quality - the difference in EMF is on another world I don't think anyone would go back after switching to air tubes

Last edited:

Vajra

Are you using air tubes ? Those were game-changers for me I use the ones from defendershield -

A little bit of a pretty penny but the quality is there - im sure you can find air tubes for cheaper elsewhere but those are the ones i have and am satisfied with the quality - the difference in EMF is on another world I don't think anyone would go back after switching to air tubes
Sounds promising. I'm a bit of an audiophile and sometimes I remember EMF is a problem, and I realize I might just be frying myself; I wear headphones all the time.

aniciete

Thanks for this, I’m gonna buy a pair.

mrchibbs

Wearing headphones connected to a device emitting radiofrequencies is like using your head as an antenna.

I experimented and found out that headphones gave me recurring headaches. It's best to avoid them or turn airplane mode on.

RealNeat

I'd use a non in ear headphone with a ferrite bead and always and only on airplane mode. Airtubes I've used have only been for talking as music sounds pretty garbage in them. Id recommend infra red for line of sight wireless but I get inner ear aches from mine for some reason.

K

Kayaker

I work in the entertainment industry so daily, prolonged use of studio headphones isn't uncommon.

Is there any way I can mitigate damage from the daily exposure to EMFs?
Have you settled on a pair of airtubes? I read that the DefenderShield one that @JamesGatz posted has magnets on the earphones and produces EMF, said to be not worth the price in reveiws. @Vajra and @aniciete Did you end up buying them?

I'd use a non in ear headphone with a ferrite bead and always and only on airplane mode. Airtubes I've used have only been for talking as music sounds pretty garbage in them. Id recommend infra red for line of sight wireless but I get inner ear aches from mine for some reason.
If you get inner ear aches from it, then why do you recommend it? It probably causes local EMF, unlike airtubes. I had a pair of cheap ones (~$40), but I had to send it back because one side was louder than the other. Sound quality wasn't that bad, but I currently don't have a method of measuring EMF. Maybe I should find a good EMF meter first, so I'll know if to send a pair back.

Wearing headphones connected to a device emitting radiofrequencies is like using your head as an antenna.

I experimented and found out that headphones gave me recurring headaches. It's best to avoid them or turn airplane mode on.
It's probably much worse with airplane mode off, but the EMF is in your ear even if you connect headphones to a low-EMF device.

JamesGatz

Have you settled on a pair of airtubes? I read that the DefenderShield one that @JamesGatz posted has magnets on the earphones and produces EMF, said to be not worth the price in reveiws. @Vajra and @aniciete Did you end up buying them?

If you get inner ear aches from it, then why do you recommend it? It probably causes local EMF, unlike airtubes. I had a pair of cheap ones (~$40), but I had to send it back because one side was louder than the other. Sound quality wasn't that bad, but I currently don't have a method of measuring EMF. Maybe I should find a good EMF meter first, so I'll know if to send a pair back.
Ah - do you have a brand of airtubes you recommend ? I had stopped using headphones a short while back because I dislike having them hangfrom my face but then if I used bluetooth to get rid of that thats a whole other monster in terms of EMF

Even if I use speakers that is still EMF but maybe its not really that bad since its not actually in your ears but from what I've seen - since the speakers use more voltage to increase the volume it seems a lot more EMF is produced if the sound is high so I place them in a lower volume

mrchibbs

It's probably much worse with airplane mode off, but the EMF is in your ear even if you connect headphones to a low-EMF device.

Of course but it's all about the reducing exposure, EMF is everywhere. Putting the airplane mode takes away like 99% of the EMF exposure, which is mostly driven by WIFI and Cell

K

Kayaker

Ah - do you have a brand of airtubes you recommend ? I had stopped using headphones a short while back because I dislike having them hangfrom my face but then if I used bluetooth to get rid of that thats a whole other monster in terms of EMF

Even if I use speakers that is still EMF but maybe its not really that bad since its not actually in your ears but from what I've seen - since the speakers use more voltage to increase the volume it seems a lot more EMF is produced if the sound is high so I place them in a lower volume
I want to find a good pair, but first I want to find a good EMF meter so I can measure its activity. I only tried one pair so far.

Headphones are closer to the brain and influence its activity to a greater extent. Lowering the speaker volume probably isn't significant compared to using a low-EMF device or turning it off/not using it.

mrchibbs

I want to find a good pair, but first I want to find a good EMF meter so I can measure its activity. I only tried one pair so far.

Headphones are closer to the brain and influence its activity to a greater extent. Lowering the speaker volume probably isn't significant compared to using a low-EMF device or turning it off/not using it.

I'm actually going to receive my new low SAR/EMF phone in the next couple of weeks, eager to see how little EMF it emits.

K

Kayaker

Of course but it's all about the reducing exposure, EMF is everywhere. Putting the airplane mode takes away like 99% of the EMF exposure, which is mostly driven by WIFI and Cell
I agree that cell phones don't produce a lot of EMF if they're in airplane mode. However, using non-airtube headphones even in airplane mode is enough to produce symptoms.

mrchibbs

I agree that cell phones don't produce a lot of EMF if they're in airplane mode. However, using non-airtube headphones even in airplane mode is enough to produce symptoms.

I don't disagree, it's not optimal but I've found it to be a fair solution.

K

Kayaker

I'm actually going to receive my new low SAR/EMF phone in the next couple of weeks, eager to see how little EMF it emits.
I think I heard about low-EMF phones from you. Do you have an EMF meter?

mrchibbs

I think I heard about low-EMF phones from you. Do you have an EMF meter?

I've actually been waiting for my low EMF phone since 2019 loll it was a kickstarter, but apparently it will be shipped on the 30th finally.

I currently have a samsung phone and it's quite low, and yeah I do have an EMF meter.

K

Kayaker

I don't disagree, it's not optimal but I've found it to be a fair solution.
For the majority, maybe it's fair. For a minority, it's enough that listening to music isn't worth it. Personally, I find it surprising that the airtube headphone market is so small. Then again, people eat many unhealthy things and use wireless headphones, which probably do have a significant negative effect in the majority, so they probably lack awareness of how their bodies are affected.

K

Kayaker

I've actually been waiting for my low EMF phone since 2019 loll it was a kickstarter, but apparently it will be shipped on the 30th finally.

I currently have a samsung phone and it's quite low, and yeah I do have an EMF meter.
What's it called? I saw a link on here that was "moms for low EMF" or something.

I also have a Samsung. I believe it's the lesser evil compared to Apple, but going third-party or finding older devices is better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals