Urgent Care For Hearing Damage

GodsHound

So I was making music on my laptop with some new audio software plugins I just pirated. Turns out it's common practice for audio software developers to put anti-piracy traps into their plugins, so it will play a dangerously loud burst of sound out of nowhere. I had my headphones on and got REKT, now have ringing in my ears. I already have mild tinnitus so I'm worried and wonder if there is anything I can do right now to mitigate damage. Thanks.

thirdcatgy

Massaging your neck muscles all the way down to the collarbone - especially the big ones in the back that run into your ears. Also massage the suboccipitals and the ears themselves. Accomplishes two things - 1) More oxygen to area. 2) Distraction Therapy.

AspiringSage

Bemethyl also known as Bemitil, Metaprot or 2-ethylthiobenzimidazole hydrobromide has been used in Russia for mine explosion trauma and in general for preventing permanent loss following exposure to pressure/audio trauma.

My lab ferret experienced an mild improvement in hearing/decrease in tendinitis using a few hundred milligrams a day for two weeks. Incidentally, it also decreased his run times. If Russian package inserts are to be believed the dose is usually titrated up and then tapered down.

Of course, it goes without saying that the experiences and medical needs of your lab ferret may vary. Always consult the appropriate medical professional before taking any medication.

Patent RU2017483C1 Agent for prophylaxis of professional hypoacusis

See last post in Reddit thread

The Pharmacology of Actoprotectors: Practical Application for Improvement of Mental and Physical Performance

David PS

OP
G

GodsHound

Thanks guys, great replies.

Bemethyl also known as Bemitil, Metaprot or 2-ethylthiobenzimidazole hydrobromide has been used in Russia for mine explosion trauma and in general for preventing permanent loss following exposure to pressure/audio trauma.

My lab ferret experienced an mild improvement in hearing/decrease in tendinitis using a few hundred milligrams a day for two weeks. Incidentally, it also decreased his run times. If Russian package inserts are to be believed the dose is usually titrated up and then tapered down.

Of course, it goes without saying that the experiences and medical needs of your lab ferret may vary. Always consult the appropriate medical professional before taking any medication.

Patent RU2017483C1 Agent for prophylaxis of professional hypoacusis

See last post in Reddit thread

The Pharmacology of Actoprotectors: Practical Application for Improvement of Mental and Physical Performance

Very cool, thats a really interesting chemical. I actually ended up using a combo of Siberian 'adaptogenic' herbs I had on hand, which coincidently have been used by the USSR in their space program after initially starting research into the herbs after WW2. I think this is somewhat related to the development of Bemethyl in Russia. The herbs I used were Eluthero, Rhodiola & Schisandra, and the ringing in my ears quieted within hours.

ThinPicking

So I was making music on my laptop with some new audio software plugins I just pirated. Turns out it's common practice for audio software developers to put anti-piracy traps into their plugins, so it will play a dangerously loud burst of sound out of nowhere. I had my headphones on and got REKT, now have ringing in my ears. I already have mild tinnitus so I'm worried and wonder if there is anything I can do right now to mitigate damage. Thanks.
Damn, that's some sneaky DRM.

You could create a little routine in Equaliser APO to guard against this in future.

Back
Top Bottom