Building An EMF Protected Apartment

Most important anti-EMF tool for a home

• EMF blocking Paint on Roof & Walls

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Shielding of the internal electrical cables

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Dirty Electricity Filters (Stetzerizer)

• Scalar fields (Blushield)

• Window EMF Filters

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Smart house controls limiting internal wifi and bluetooth.

• Bed protection via Grounding.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Soren

Forum Supporter
Hey guys. I recently acquired my first home and have completely gutted it and have a blank canvas to make it how i see fit.

One of the priorities I have with this construction is to reduce EMF as much as possible and am setting up this thread to ask for advice as well as layout exactly what I do to reduce EMF. I will post photos on this thread of the development and process of making the apartment EMF safe.

First some context. It is an apartment on the third floor on the seafront, it is a small tourist village so with a restaurant two floors below. There is quite a bit of cell phone service and wifi from tourists and the restaurants that line the promenade. On the roof of the building which is directly above me there is thankfully no cell tower or other high emf generating machines just some ventilation/extractor units for the restaurant and a water tank and air conditioning unit. I was considering putting in some Solar Panels because I live in a very sunny climate and would like the option of having a battery for emergency electricity because the power can go out (rarely but it does happen).

Here are the ideas that I have come up with to minimise the effects of EMF in the apartment.

1. Make sure all the electric cables running behind the walls are adequately shielded so they do not leak EMF. I do not know if this is possible but I assume it is so would appreciate advice on this. I have heard Stetzerizer filters will help with this by reducing "dirty electricity" somehow.

2. Use anti EMF paint where appropriate.
For example before I place the dry wall on the ceiling or any other part of the house I could put the anti EMF paint that way I would get the EMF protection without having to sacrifice the aesthetic.

3. Window EMF/RF shielding film. I've read that most EMF and RF radiation enters a house via windows so placing shielding films over the windows would seem like a reasonable option.

4. Dirty Electricity filters/Protectors.
I mentioned Stetzerizer as a potential option but this is an area I really have little knowledge of so would appreciate any advice. I've recently been looking into scalar fields which don't block EMF but supposedly negate the negative effects. The most popular company I've seen is one called Blushield but I am very sceptical because I have yet to find a full explanation of how the technology actually works. Any advice would be appreciated.

5. Smart house
I do want to make this house a smart house with in built wireless controls and music etc. I know this is not the exactly conducive to making it low EMF but I am sure there are ways to control for this or reduce its effect. For example if there are switches or controls that can keep the Wifi and bluetooth off until I need it. That way it is not constantly leaking throughout the house or when I sleep.

6. Bed technology: Grounding and EMF protection
I've recently been reading up on grounding and it seems like it has a number of beneficial effects including negating some of the negative effects of EMF. There are also mattress' and blankets one can buy that help to protect from EMF.

Concerns
I have one main concern which is as follows; if you have an enclosed space that has EMF protection to stop EMF from entering I have read that if some EMF gets in this can be even more damaging then if there was no EMF protection because the EMF waves cannot escape and they bounce off the walls causing more harm. If this is the case I might keep the windows that are less likely to have EMF enter them free of EMF shielding so the EMF that does enter has a place to escape. Again appreciate any thoughts or advice on this.

Welcome all advice plus have added the poll question what do people think is the best/most important EMF protection for a house. Choose your top 3.

I will post photos on this thread as the construction is on going with particular focus on the EMF elements.

Many thanks. Look forward to hearing feedback and keeping this thread updated.

postman

don't forget about the floor too

you can shut off wifi on the router settings panel. maybe there are more convenient aftermarket ways to do this though, some kind of ""smart"" solution

it's a good idea to get in contact with some EMF professionals rather than just relying on this forum

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
don't forget about the floor too

you can shut off wifi on the router settings panel. maybe there are more convenient aftermarket ways to do this though, some kind of ""smart"" solution

it's a good idea to get in contact with some EMF professionals rather than just relying on this forum

Thanks I think I should be pretty good on the floor front. Going to be micro cement and concrete so should be pretty good protection (unless that is not good enough). Don't worry I am looking at consultation. If anyone knows any good options in Spain/Europe let me know.

postman

I doubt that is going to be enough. I think the idea is to create a kind of pseudo faraday cage that's like at least 98%+ insulated, otherwise it might be counterproductive. Especially if you have a restaurant below you, all those cellphones beaming up into your apartment and it all bouncing around?

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I doubt that is going to be enough. I think the idea is to create a kind of pseudo faraday cage that's like at least 98%+ insulated, otherwise it might be counterproductive. Especially if you have a restaurant below you, all those cellphones beaming up into your apartment and it all bouncing around?

Understood. No reason I can't put it on the floor also. What do you think about that 2% that leaks in? I'm worried about what will happen if it leaks in and can't get out. Maybe if it is only 2% it is ok but i've read that it can be even more damaging having EMF leak into an EMF shielded area because it essentially bounces around and continually causes harm rather than eventually dissipating. So for example if it is say 90% shielded and 10% leak in but because it is so well protected the EMF that gets inside takes a long time to escape and as a result builds up and is even more harmful.

Make a Faraday's cage

I would make small Faraday's for your sleeping place. It's cheaper and you will know if it works and if it makes you feel better. In case of positive outcome you invest and make in the whole apartment.

postman

Understood. No reason I can't put it on the floor also. What do you think about that 2% that leaks in? I'm worried about what will happen if it leaks in and can't get out. Maybe if it is only 2% it is ok but i've read that it can be even more damaging having EMF leak into an EMF shielded area because it essentially bounces around and continually causes harm rather than eventually dissipating. So for example if it is say 90% shielded and 10% leak in but because it is so well protected the EMF that gets inside takes a long time to escape and as a result builds up and is even more harmful.
I don't know much about the science. If you look at videos like this it looks like they reduced radiation by a huge amount and it doesn't look like they are 100% covered

Dave Clark

I am certainly not an expert on this stuff, but I use the grounding mattress pad, and want to try the shielding cord and blanket. I have seen all the arguments about the grounding. I live in an old house, so I ground through a grounding stake outside of the house. Some feel that there is too much leaking voltage, etc. to ground safely, but I am not convinced of that, yet.
Grounding Boutique | Intuition Physician

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I am certainly not an expert on this stuff, but I use the grounding mattress pad, and want to try the shielding cord and blanket. I have seen all the arguments about the grounding. I live in an old house, so I ground through a grounding stake outside of the house. Some feel that there is too much leaking voltage, etc. to ground safely, but I am not convinced of that, yet.
Grounding Boutique | Intuition Physician

The EMF side of health is relatively new to me and I only know a little bit about grounding. I wonder if the fact that I live on the third floor of a building makes grounding more difficult? I would assume so because whatever I use to ground myself I assume it must have some connection to the ground in order to be properly grounded.

However grounding kits that I have seen for sleep involve a sheet or mattress that is plugged into the wall and that somehow allows the body to release its electrons that it would normally release into the earth when walking barefoot on soil, grass stone etc. This would imply to me that one does not actually have to be connected to the ground in order to get the beneficial effects of grounding if one uses a grounding kit. We used to sleep on the ground and it was an important part of how we slept this release of electrons. Again I am very green in the field of grounding and EMF in general so I could be getting that explanation completely wrong. I just know that excess EMFs are clearly bad for the body for a whole host of reasons

Dave Clark

The EMF side of health is relatively new to me and I only know a little bit about grounding. I wonder if the fact that I live on the third floor of a building makes grounding more difficult? I would assume so because whatever I use to ground myself I assume it must have some connection to the ground in order to be properly grounded.

However grounding kits that I have seen for sleep involve a sheet or mattress that is plugged into the wall and that somehow allows the body to release its electrons that it would normally release into the earth when walking barefoot on soil, grass stone etc. This would imply to me that one does not actually have to be connected to the ground in order to get the beneficial effects of grounding if one uses a grounding kit. We used to sleep on the ground and it was an important part of how we slept this release of electrons. Again I am very green in the field of grounding and EMF in general so I could be getting that explanation completely wrong. I just know that excess EMFs are clearly bad for the body for a whole host of reasons
Grounding from outlets is one of the big debates. I am not an electrician, or have any real knowledge of electricity, but the argument against grounding from outlets is that currents can back-feed through the ground. It gets technical, and if you search it on the web or You Tube, you will read or hear both sides of the debate. If you believe on the side that grounding from outlets/electrical lines is not clean, then it poses a problem for people living in apartments, or buildings so high they can't put a grounding rod in the ground and run a wire through their window, etc.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
be careful with a faraday cage, it will block out the natural resonances as well that come from the earth and sun. This has led to desynchronization.

Check out these podcasts:

https://quaxpodcast.com/2019/04/ep-8-electromagnetic-radiation-part-2/

https://quaxpodcast.com/2019/04/ep-9-sexless-libido-and-electromagnetic-radiation-pt-3/

There are good references in there as well to explore.

Thanks for this Tarmander. Yea I am nervous about Faraday cages' because I have heard mixed things about them. I'm worried that if I go too strong on making my place EMF free I'll essentially turn it into a giant faraday cage which will have a similar negative effect. I'll definitely check out those podcasts.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Grounding from outlets is one of the big debates. I am not an electrician, or have any real knowledge of electricity, but the argument against grounding from outlets is that currents can back-feed through the ground. It gets technical, and if you search it on the web or You Tube, you will read or hear both sides of the debate. If you believe on the side that grounding from outlets/electrical lines is not clean, then it poses a problem for people living in apartments, or buildings so high they can't put a grounding rod in the ground and run a wire through their window, etc.

Interesting. I guess with some of these things you have to experiment and find out. Maybe there is a way to make the current only travel one way, that way it cannot feedback?

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I've taken the plunge and ordered some products from Blueshield. We'll see if they have any effect, I have to say I am VERY sceptical but as William Blake said the true method of knowledge is experiment.

Dave Clark

I live in an older house where in my bedroom some of the wiring is in square conduit attached to the outside of the wall, rather than within the wall like in most houses. I wanted to see if there was some way to shield the EMFs coming from the conduit. Does anyone know what I could put over the conduit? Some have said aluminum foil (tacky, yuck), and I also wondered if painting it with shielding paint would be enough. I have used the Reflectix bubble wrap in some areas. My main concern is that my bedroom is small and the bed has to be against the wall where it is close to the conduit. The upside is that I can see where it is at, as opposed to being in the wall where you can't see where the wiring is at.

Agnichaga

I'd be most concerned with the mechanical oscillations coming from the industrial air conditioner on the roof above me. I've had bad experiences where when a high powered air processor was running in an apartment above me my brain would en-train into the rhythms produced and I couldn't get any work done. I can imagine that even if the sound wasn't audible all the cells in the body could be effected by the environment pulsations. A slightly lower false ceiling with a pressurized air barrier perhaps?

When I lived in Baltimore I could feel my stress level drop noticeably after shielding a single wall in my room that faced the nearby television broadcast towers with grounded copper screen.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I'd be most concerned with the mechanical oscillations coming from the industrial air conditioner on the roof above me. I've had bad experiences where when a high powered air processor was running in an apartment above me my brain would en-train into the rhythms produced and I couldn't get any work done. I can imagine that even if the sound wasn't audible all the cells in the body could be effected by the environment pulsations. A slightly lower false ceiling with a pressurized air barrier perhaps?

When I lived in Baltimore I could feel my stress level drop noticeably after shielding a single wall in my room that faced the nearby television broadcast towers with grounded copper screen.

Thanks for the advice with regards to the AC unit I never even thought of that as being a potential issue. When I went up there recently the restaurant that is below had without consulting me installed an extractor fan on the roof that was making the whole apartment shake. I was very pissed off to say the least. Fortunately they promptly removed it because they did it without consulting me which they had no right to do.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals