EMF and Health?

iLoveSugar

Has Ray ever discussed anything regarding EMF? Anyone have any thoughts about this and health?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, he says it is harmful.

mandance

I was actually curious about this as well. Peat doesnt mention or talk about EMFs very much, I think he finds more concern for medical radiation which is probably much more harmful. But I do think he mentioned that EMFS can cause physiological disruptions in the bodies natural energy fields or something ot that extent. Maybe Charlie knows more and can elaborate, I would be interested also. But from what I can gather, it seems like the jury is still out on just how bad EMFs are...but they are basically everywhere now because of all the wifi. If you want to minimize exposure, avoid living near power lines probably, get rid of any wifi routers in your home and try not to use your cell phone a lot.

It seems hard to say though what the long term effects of all these fields could be since they havent really been around that long. Some people are sensitive to EMFS and can get sick...but those situations seem to come from areas with very high levels usually from power lines, industrial areas etc.

It will probably take another 10, 20 or 30 years to really know how all this stuff effects people. Or if long term exposure and wifi etc causes great risk over time. Im totally curious though because there seems to be either people that dont find it a big deal compared to other forms of radiation, or the extremists that refuse to own a cell phone etc. So between those extremes, I wish I knew more.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Ouch! I've been exposed a ton to everything above. Probably 20 X-rays over past few years, 4 CT scans, etc. Wifis routers, cell phones, etc. No wonder I am so ill....

mandance

I wouldnt worry about it too much. If you were sick from radiation it would probably be terminal or progressive. However, you could be hypothyroid. Have you tracked temps and pulses? Basically everyone is Hypo in industrialized countries. Moving forward though, you should probably avoid radiation unless its an emergency and you are extremely sick etc.

Thyroid is sensitive to the effects of radiation. But in many cases...the effects of radiation dont usually show up for a few decades. Even so, we are all at risk for cancers the longer we live, the radiation does increase that risk, but I dont think but a lot so I really wouldnt worry about your history, just do what you can to be safe moving forward. And yeah the EMF thing I am unsure about...maybe Charlie will chime back in.

I think if you are peating and working on your metabolism you are really going to be on another level from the rest of the population so this way of life is a huge advantage to you despite having had been exposed to radiation in the past. Also id imagine if you get your metabolism working well, anything on a cellular level that does happen to you in the future, will be taken care of by your own body. People that smoke, drink and eat a lot of processed foods all the time are really the ones I worry about, those cells as the age, have to be pretty suseptible to damage/mutations etc.

Dutchie

@ilovesugar A couple of years ago my lymetherrapist gave me these sanskrit symbols to hang on my wall to lower the effects of emf in my home.
I have no idea if it works since its basically a piece of paper with symbols on it,but i figured it couldnt hurt annd it looks nice.
If youre. interested,i could scan them and mail thembto you?all you have to do is print it on white paper and hang it on an outerwall in your home with something like a nail(you cant put it in a frame or use plastics like tape for attaching itvt9 the wall)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat says you need an actual physical barrier between you and the EMF to stop the effects.

jyb

Charlie said:
Ray Peat says you need an actual physical barrier between you and the EMF to stop the effects.

Physical barrier? If the wifi router is another room, the EMF hardly diminishes.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think he was talking about electrical devices like laptops.

Dan W

Yeah, if Charlie and I are thinking of the same quote, I got the impression Peat just meant that any "EMF blocker" product that wasn't a physical barrier wouldn't help.

Parsifal

What do you think about EMF shield clothes? In two months I will start to go to an IT school and don't want to destroy my metabolism anymore...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals