Egg allergy discovered through elimination diet

YourUniverse

Been eating a extremely low fat diet as I started taking a thyroid supplement, and have been feeling very well. I thought I might be lacking some "theoretical nutrition" so I rationalized i could have an egg daily.

After the egg, I notice my throat starts to close slightly but noticeably, I feel immediately lazier and have lower vibration thoughts.

I've been eating eggs for years and I wonder how long this has been holding me back. Have i done damage by doing so, and if so, when would be a good time to try reintroducing eggs again?

Apple

Been eating a extremely low fat diet as I started taking a thyroid supplement, and have been feeling very well. I thought I might be lacking some "theoretical nutrition" so I rationalized i could have an egg daily.

After the egg, I notice my throat starts to close slightly but noticeably, I feel immediately lazier and have lower vibration thoughts.

I've been eating eggs for years and I wonder how long this has been holding me back. Have i done damage by doing so, and if so, when would be a good time to try reintroducing eggs again?
I'm same frustrated about eggs.
RP: "I need almost a pint of orange juice to balance one egg."
But orange juice may be high in histamines ... so we need some anti-histamines too :))
On Ray Peat diet I discovered that any food becomes allergic at some point to some degree ...

OP
Y

YourUniverse

But orange juice may be high in histamines ... so we need some anti-histamines too :))
On Ray Peat diet I discovered that any food becomes allergic at some point to some degree ...
I guess it could be a blood sugar thing, but I eat SO many carbs, and even 1 egg causes minor anaphylaxis-like symptoms. Its very weird to me.

Summer

Would you mind sharing the details of your elimination diet? I’d love to identify a food that would explain some of the annoying symptoms I experience despite eating relatively well.

OP
Y

YourUniverse

Would you mind sharing the details of your elimination diet? I’d love to identify a food that would explain some of the annoying symptoms I experience despite eating relatively well.
Sure, I've been eliminating fat. Skim milk, fat free bread, honey, marmalade, jam, orange juice, coffee, fruit and carrots.

I didn't intend for it to be an elimination diet, but the exclusion of eggs which I've had daily for decades led to an easy before and after state comparison

Summer

Sure, I've been eliminating fat. Skim milk, fat free bread, honey, marmalade, jam, orange juice, coffee, fruit and carrots.

I didn't intend for it to be an elimination diet, but the exclusion of eggs which I've had daily for decades led to an easy before and after state comparison
Thanks! Sucks about the egg allergy but it’s good that you unintentionally discovered it. I wonder if you would be fine if you just ate the yolk.

mariantos

I also noticed in my case that after consuming them, the production of mucus seems to increase. These are 3 eggs raw with a little salt and some extra virgin olive oil. Probably the fact that I eat them raw creates my problem.

I also think that egg whites are slightly allergenic, but without egg whites I lose the protein in them.

Apple

I guess it could be a blood sugar thing, but I eat SO many carbs, and even 1 egg causes minor anaphylaxis-like symptoms. Its very weird to me.
Did you try very low or no carb ?
When I don't eat carbs ( only meat and green vegies) most of my allergies dissappear , I can eat several eggs with no issues

Sefton10

I wonder if you would be fine if you just ate the yolk.
That would be my guess too. I think the whites can be allergenic for a lot of people.

Sefton10

I also think that egg whites are slightly allergenic, but without egg whites I lose the protein in them.
Best to just see yolks as almost a supplement (choline etc.) rather than whole eggs as a protein source.

Missenger

I also noticed in my case that after consuming them, the production of mucus seems to increase. These are 3 eggs raw with a little salt and some extra virgin olive oil. Probably the fact that I eat them raw creates my problem.

Soft-boiling eggs for 3ish minutes hardens the egg whites and leaves the yolk runny, making them less allergenic, then you can decide if it's the hardened whites or the runny yolk making your allergies worse (if you're daring enough to waste your time forcing yourself to do it). Eggs can also carry lecithin (or soy) from a chicken's diet.

Last edited:

gaze

the yolks could still cause a problem, if the problem is sulfur related

good info in this thread, thanks to Amazonian:

youngsinatra

I don‘t have any allergy to eggs, but a sensitivity to them. I tried eliminating them so many times (felt really good), then thought about re-introducing eggs again for their nutritional value, but if I reintroduced them, I always got pretty severe joint pain (especially in fingers, hands, hips and ankle) and brain fog. (which just means neuroinflammation in most cases)

My mother has rheuma and has the same painful areas. And I don‘t want to trigger my immune system too much over a long time, so I stopped eating them. My mother also says that she reacts bad to eggs in terms of worsening her symptoms, but she eats them anyway. Well…

I honestly think that most‘ll never overcome an intolerance to a food, except if it is caused by dysbiosis or gut problems maybe.

For me gluten, eggs and dairy are out. But had diagnosed celiac and couldn’t tolerate any dairy since childhood. It sucks but you adjust.

By the way, how is your vitamin D status? I heard from a doctor, who reversed an egg allergy in a young boy, by bringing his vitamin D up to 80-100ng/ml.

Dr. B

thats related to the blood sugar

have you paid close attention to your stomach, face, energy levels, digestion etc

why do fat free? milk fat has lots of interesting potential effects. if milk has added vitamins its probably causing inflammation

I don‘t have any allergy to eggs, but a sensitivity to them. I tried eliminating them so many times (felt really good), then thought about re-introducing eggs again for their nutritional value, but if I reintroduced them, I always got pretty severe joint pain (especially in fingers, hands, hips and ankle) and brain fog. (which just means neuroinflammation in most cases)

My mother has rheuma and has the same painful areas. And I don‘t want to trigger my immune system too much over a long time, so I stopped eating them. My mother also says that she reacts bad to eggs in terms of worsening her symptoms, but she eats them anyway. Well…

I honestly think that most‘ll never overcome an intolerance to a food, except if it is caused by dysbiosis or gut problems maybe.

For me gluten, eggs and dairy are out. But had diagnosed celiac and couldn’t tolerate any dairy since childhood. It sucks but you adjust.

By the way, how is your vitamin D status? I heard from a doctor, who reversed an egg allergy in a young boy, by bringing his vitamin D up to 80-100ng/ml.

i can tolerate all foods besides eggs, which i can tolerate 1 commercial egg. the problem is probably not the eggs themselves but something being done to the eggs or the way the chickens are fed and raised.

That would be my guess too. I think the whites can be allergenic for a lot of people.

i could do one egg fine, when the amount went up id get stomac bloating and some pain, fatigue, facial puffiness, redness all over the face cheeks etc...
i suspect the problem though is not eggs but something being done to the chickens feed or environment

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals