Digestive Problems Caused By Eggs?

Discussion in 'Eggs' started by biggirlkisss, Mar 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss Member

I started eating eggs and noticed my nails peeling and becoming weak. Started to get bad digestion problems. Switched to a safer farmer thought I was doing better but geting worse. They have been out of my diet now for 7 months. I have improved but no where need the same way for digestion. Doing light helps get thyroid up but still not anywhere near where it was. Anyone have any ideas why eggs did this to me? A allergy.

2. jaa

jaa Member

Have you tried just eating the yolks? Some people who have problems with the whites have no problems with the yolks.

3. Jenn

Jenn Member

Are you eating them raw or cooked? It can make a huge difference if you don't digest protein well.

4. juanitacarlos

juanitacarlos Member

I don't know if this helps, but in an email discussion with Peat the other day, he said about eggs:

Maybe trying that would help?

5. cliff

cliff Member

I find eggs for me depend, sometimes I digest them good sometimes they seem to cause slight digestive issues. Eating just the yolk raw versus cooked whole eggs seems to improve digestion for me.

6. Jenn

Jenn Member

7. Ben

Ben Member

It could be a depletion of biotin. Avadin, a protein in the egg whites, binds biotin and prevents its absorption. Biotin is generally supplemented for stronger hair and nails. You could try supplementing biotin at another time to see if that's it, or just throw away the egg whites.

8. Jenn

Jenn Member

lack of gelatin in the diet is my guess...or eating more protein than your kidneys can handle?