Easy Poached Eggs

edwardBe

For many years, I ate two heavily salted poached eggs on whole wheat toast every morning with a couple of cups of coffee. This blatant disregard for the dangers of saturated fats and salt may have saved me from being too heavily composed of PUFAs.

When I went low carb/paleo I finally had to give up toast after trying those disgusting low carb breads. I thought my poached egg days were over when I realized the only way I would get all that runny egg yolk goodness was by licking my plate which was less satisfactory since the stuff on the plate was cold. My wife didn't like it either, for some reason.

Then I about three months ago I discovered these.

I cook my locally grown (small) eggs 4 minutes and 20 seconds to get what we former short order cooks call over medium (liquid yellow and mostly firm white) and then eat them out of the pouch with a spoon. It helps the eggs not to stick to coat the inside with butter or coconut oil if it is firm, not liquid. And since I have hard water, I mix 50% vinegar with the water so that I don't get a white coating on the inside of the pan. I use the water for about a week or until it gets too funky.

Asimov

Why not just serve poached eggs over a carrot salad?

This seems like a waste. Silicon is a terrible conductor of heat. I'd image it tastes terrible. And...it's just not hard to poach eggs. No need to spend the 8 bucks.

Use fresh eggs and swirl the water before cracking the egg. The eggs will come out nicely.

jc.

Thanks for the link, Ed, I just got my pouches and tried them this morning. No weird flavors or smells. I guess you made $0.35 as an affiliate. :)

Asimov, 328 out of 399 people on Amazon rate these things 4 or 5 stars. Of course, they actually bought and tried them, unlike you. Also, I believe we are meant to eat carrot salad by itself to maximize the antibiotic effect.

Jason

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ecstatichamster Lowering starch and muscle meat making fat loss easy Digestion, Gut Flora 41
P best e ink display? low emf and easy on the eyes. Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 14
Hollybea Comfortable Easy Child Birth Ideas Female Issues 18
T Delayed Sleep Pattern Any Suppliments To Really Fall Asleep Easy? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 17
Herbie Ray Being Almost Killed In The South In 1960s And Easy Rider Film Interviews 29
Light Ice Coffee Slushy - Easy! Recipes 0
M Easy Cheese Soup Recipes 0
Repas du soir Why Is It So Easy For Teeth To Become Yellow, But So Hard For Them To Become White? Oral Health 7
A Easy Way To Make Coffee Without A Coffee Maker Coffee 19
methylenewhite Doxycycline Prescription Easy Way. Malaria Prophylaxis Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Peatogenic Recommendations For Blood Test For Easy Bruising, And Red Spots Forming Under Skin Blood Work, Labs 12
X Easy Ways To Slow Down Metabolism? Diet 5
L Fun, Easy Way To Quickly And Drastically Increase CO2 Experiments 49
yerrag Magnesium Ascorbate - So Easy To Make With Mg(OH)2 And Ascorbic Acid Magnesium 0
denise Easy Scalp Application Of Liquid Supplements Hair & Nails 6
T What's A Quick And Easy Way To Clean The Bowels Of Endotoxin And Serotonin? Ask For Help or Advice 6
L Easy To Digest Lunch Suggestions Digestion 5
tankasnowgod Cheap And Easy Way To Do A Dry CO2 Bath CO2, Bag Breathing 15
tankasnowgod Simple, Easy And Free Way To Reduce Blue Light Exposure (and Increase Red) Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 33
biggirlkisss Easy To Break Down Soup With Pork Recipe Ask For Help or Advice 0
biggirlkisss Easy Ways To Lose Weight On Ray Weight 208
whodathunkit Converting Ray Peat Articles Into Kindle Format For Easy Reading Articles & Newsletters Discussion 12
N How To Make HUGE TWO LITER Gummy Pepsi Cola Bottle Fun & Easy Make Your Own Jello Dessert! Recipes 18
tyler Looking For Easy To Understand Articles On Ray Peat's And His Ideas. Resources 5
uuy8778yyi Best Serotonin Depleters That Are Easy To Buy Supplements 2
SQu Easy No Knead Bread Recipe Recipes 52
hoppimike Quick And Easy Peat-friendly Candida Supps? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 14
nikolabeacon Poached Peaches With Citrus And Herbs Recipes 0
Rinse & rePeat EGGS Day? Or Night? Eggs 55
RyanHeeney Had to share pics of these quality eggs I found at a local Chicago supermarket... Dairy, Eggs 16
SatoshiPufamoto Vital Farms eggs safe for daily consumption? Eggs 12
tankasnowgod The Anti-Catabolic and Anabolic Hormonal Profile of Eggs Eggs 28
A Tweaked Steak and eggs diet? Diet 11
Brandin vitamin e to balance eggs pufa. Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 15
U What does eggs offer to be important part of the diet? Diet 9
I 2004 patent for low PUFA eggs Dairy, Eggs 24
DANIEL Make Sure Your Eggs Are Soy-Free! Diet 16
pauljacob Eggs Fried In Butter Diet 20
R Omega 3 Eggs -vitamin E? Ask For Help or Advice 5
C How To Raise Cholesterol For Anabolism Without Eating Eggs? Ask For Help or Advice 18
L Dropped Eggs And Got Leaner! Diet 48
GutFeeling Dietary Eggs Prevents And Alleviate Depression Scientific Studies 0
M Eggs, Ghee, Salt, & Temps Diet 11
Ptolemy Is This Something To Worry About? Study: Eggs Increase Oxidizability Of Human Plasma And Cholesterol Eggs 19
K Eggs Causing Heart To Pound Ask For Help or Advice 14
K What's The Reason For Hands Getting Warm After Eating Eggs? Ask For Help or Advice 1
M Gas And Bloating. From Eggs Digestion 8
Yolama Eating 12 Fried Eggs A Day Diet 40
Francisco PUFA In Eggs: Should I Be Concerned? Diet 6
DButter Feeding Backyard Chickens For Lowest Pufa-content Eggs Animals 9