Low Toxin Supplements Dr Smith's perspective on dextrose powder supplementation

Peater

5 tbsp seems to be the optimal dose for me. I also feel no sugar rush (or crash), but at that dose, I'm quite confident that the lower end of my mood spectrum is elevated above my multi-decade normal and not in any sort of rollercoaster way either. Just a very stable and consistent all-day-all-night increased mood floor.

Additionally at night for years I've periodically woken up at around 1am finding myself unable to lay still or get back to sleep. When that happens, 3 tbsp knocks it out and lets me get back to sleep within 30 minutes.

My biggest surprise has been that the additional calories seem to have zero impact on my composition, and trust me I'd notice if they did.

My sister, who has been greatly suffering from post concussion syndrome has seen remarkable improvement, but the entire experience has been much more subtle for me.

Thank you for replying. Yes I woke up at 5am one morning feeling hot and still tired, horrible feeling, like when you wake up with a hangover - I recognised the signs of low liver glycogen (From when it's happened before when I've had a day hiking in the summer heat), had several tablespoons of dextrose and went back to sleep.

My body comp is looking a bit softer but if it's a 'stepping stone' I could handle it for a while. It's strange because I'm sure I read that "carbs to fat" (Lipolysis?) was actually a rarely used mechanism...but my memory is hazy. Perhaps it really is just all water weight.

That's great news about your sister! How long has she been struggling with that?

OP
T

TheCodez

Thank you for replying. Yes I woke up at 5am one morning feeling hot and still tired, horrible feeling, like when you wake up with a hangover - I recognised the signs of low liver glycogen (From when it's happened before when I've had a day hiking in the summer heat), had several tablespoons of dextrose and went back to sleep.

My body comp is looking a bit softer but if it's a 'stepping stone' I could handle it for a while. It's strange because I'm sure I read that "carbs to fat" (Lipolysis?) was actually a rarely used mechanism...but my memory is hazy. Perhaps it really is just all water weight.

That's great news about your sister! How long has she been struggling with that?
18 months with little improvement until she started dextrose

Peater

The very next morning. I hadn't even considered that he might be interested.
Even if it isn't acceptable as he wasn't over-seeing the treatment I'm am sure he would be delighted to know his work helped someone in the situation he describes!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
T

TheCodez

<Insert Dr Smith tweet here>
He's doubling down hard. Amazing and sad. It would almost be a little humorous if people's quality of life wasn't at stake. I'd really like to see Thor stand his ground.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Try 1 tbs every hour, or even 2 tbs. 30-40g 2 times per day knocked me out for a week. I then took a small amount every hour (1 teaspoon) and it worked without any problems. The more I took, the less symptoms I had.

I also had digestive issues as well as social phobia problems from taking dextrose only 2-3 times per day.

I really think the issue is the sudden spikes without any glucose to follow up. This pushes detox but at the same time worsens the glucose deficiency. If there are negative reactions, the key is taking the same amount consistently every 1-2 hours for the first days, until liver glycogen is restored.

I don't think you can do any harm with glucose, every cell needs it. 1000 calories of glucose is nothing, the body just burns through it.
Wow well that is exactly what I was looking for, someone who had bad symptoms from lower dosing but was fine the more they used. Gives me the motivation I need to get past any bad symptoms that show up. I will try 1 tsp every hour.

InChristAlone

I also dealt with panic attacks and anxiety on the Ray Peat diet. It got so bad that even drinking water triggered an adrenaline reaction. This started when I was on keto and fasting, eating six to eight eggs a day. I definitely think there's a correlation to high toxic vitamin A intake. It actually improved a lot when I was on the Ray Peat diet, as eating mouthfuls of honey at a time was very therapeutic.
Yes similar story, even water caused stress for me too. I've been drinking water again! Have a glass in the morning, for lunch and for dinner and a small amount before sleep. The low vitamin A and bean protocol are what has been healing me. I want to fully restore my brain though.

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
Yes similar story, even water caused stress for me too. I've been drinking water again! Have a glass in the morning, for lunch and for dinner and a small amount before sleep. The low vitamin A and bean protocol are what has been healing me. I want to fully restore my brain though.
The glucose protocol will be immensely beneficial as it will heal your gut, reducing the amount of toxins entering your bloodstream from bile.

TripleOG

Smith continues to purposely conflate “dextrose” with “sugar.” Cmon man… 🤦‍♂️

He’s ironically sounding like those that attack him about vitA-toxicity/toxic bile theory.

InChristAlone

The glucose protocol will be immensely beneficial as it will heal your gut, reducing the amount of toxins entering your bloodstream from bile.
Yeah I've had gut problems my entire life so I'm curious to see if this could work!

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
Yeah I've had gut problems my entire life so I'm curious to see if this could work!
I've suffered severe gut issues for 3-4 years. Despite transitioning to the LVA diet, I continued to endure gut pain, burning sensations, and constipation. Fortunately, the glucose protocol has effectively alleviated these symptoms.

InChristAlone

I've suffered severe gut issues for 3-4 years. Despite transitioning to the LVA diet, I continued to endure gut pain, burning sensations, and constipation. Fortunately, the glucose protocol has effectively alleviated these symptoms.
I had many symptoms until the bean protocol, but I think I still have sluggish digestion despite pooping way better than I have in many yrs, with no stimulants! Also I still can't digest whole nuts at all they are still giving me IBS. Heal the brain heal the digestion!

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Dr. Smith's latest newsletter:
What I hear is, “don’t follow this man touting a very simple, and cost effective tool. Instead pay me $5k for an hour of my time, join my paid membership group, and also buy all my supplements if you want to be healthy. That other guy is totally a scam artist.”

And yes I say this, because both Dr. Smith and Kelsey have accused Dr. Stephens of trying to scam people for money, yet Dr. Smith is charging astronomical rates for consults, that the average person can not afford while also constantly making disparaging comments about DIYers even though he claims to support them.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I don't remember if I mentioned this in my log, but my salt cravings have decreased significantly. This makes sense, considering glucose's role in maintaining electrolyte balance.
Wow mine too! I didn’t realize this until you pointed it out. I’ve always had an incredibly high need for salt. Now I’m noticing that my regular food is tasting too salty and I’m not craving salty things throughout the day.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Yes, exactly. His newsletter is extremely cringe-worthy and felt like a constant advertisement. Frankly, it made me lose respect for him.
It reminds me of a kid who has to write a school paper, but didn’t actually do the research, so he’s just putting in a bunch of mindless fluff to fill the required 5 pages and just hoping the teacher doesn’t noticed.

“Dextrose is very very very very very bad. It’s awful, because it’s a very bad thing and I don’t like bad things.”

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I think the topic of dextrose exploded so much in his group, here and in the ggenereux forum because people intuitively feel that it's the truth and that the lack of glucose is what keeps many miserable, because you need a lot of energy for detox.

Without additional dextrose, the liver will quickly run out of glycogen. This then affects the brain, which sets in motion a downward spiral of problems as the brain scrambles to reserve as much glucose for itself as possible, further depleting the organs involved in detoxification.

Smith's recommendation of taking niacin worsens this problem massively by depleting even more liver glycogen.
I said this EXACT same thing yesterday, talking to @gabys225

Do you know why I think the dextrose protocol has exploded so much and caused so much ruckus? It’s because on a deep level people intuitively know that they need it.

But according to Dr. Smoth and some other members of LYL, we are all just a psyop sent to take down the Low VA movement.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
He's doubling down hard. Amazing and sad. It would almost be a little humorous if people's quality of life wasn't at stake. I'd really like to see Thor stand his ground.
I’m in LYL and also a group of Kelsey’s. A pattern I’m noticing is that people are are fighting their own intuition telling them they need the dextrose while also listening to the fear mongering from Dr. Smith and others, so they are taking 1-2 teaspoons of dextrose here and there and then saying, “ehhh it didn’t do much,” or “I felt weird so I stopped.” Tiny doses of dextrose aren’t going to do much for anyone. Thats a teeny tiny drop in the ocean. But of course then it’s, “see I told you so.” Thats like taking 10mg of niacin for 2 days or a drop of magnesium, etc and expecting it to have miraculous results. It’s just ridiculous

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
Wow mine too! I didn’t realize this until you pointed it out. I’ve always had an incredibly high need for salt. Now I’m noticing that my regular food is tasting too salty and I’m not craving salty things throughout the day.
This is probably not revelatory, but I haven't felt the need to consume as much rice either.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals