Ray Peat Interview Jodelle Fit - Dr. Ray Peat Q&A - How To Sleep Better, Sleep Solutions, & Supplements

Inaut

Time Stamps:
Dr Peat’s Main reason on sleep issues:
2:20 How Digestion affects your sleep
4:35 Why do we wake at 2am
9:10 Waking groggy and going to bed wired 14:10 Should we stop coffee with sleep issues 16:00 Blue light exposure before bed
17:10 Frequent urination at night, why and what can be done:
20:03 Supplements like Phenibut for sleep: 22:00 Is sleeping in okay or not?
27:30 Do we really need 7-8 hours of sleep or can we get away with less
28:45 How do get rid of nightmares: 29:30 Sleep Apnes - can it be reversed
33:19 Sleep Disorders and Medications 38:10 Under eye bag
39:40 Environment changes for better sleep 43: 58 What Thyroid supplementation Dr. Peat takes
46:27 Vitamin D dosage that Dr. Peat uses 50:28 What time does Dr. Peat go to bed

Dave Clark

Wondering if Dr. Peat still takes his vitamin D topically like I heard him say on one podcast? If so, does anyone remember why he prefers topical? I think he uses other vitamins that way as well.

J

jb116

Wondering if Dr. Peat still takes his vitamin D topically like I heard him say on one podcast? If so, does anyone remember why he prefers topical? I think he uses other vitamins that way as well.
His primary reason is to avoid gut irritation.

Dave Clark

His primary reason is to avoid gut irritation.
Okay. I often read where Haidut says that the topical application of certain substances has a different effect or distribution in the body, etc. Just wondered if that was Peat's reason, but yeah, if someone has issues with digestion maybe you would get better absorption topically. Albiet, it would cost more to use since it is less than half absorbed (I hear different numbers from Peat and other people on the forum, but it seems like somewhere in that range).

J

jb116

Okay. I often read where Haidut says that the topical application of certain substances has a different effect or distribution in the body, etc. Just wondered if that was Peat's reason, but yeah, if someone has issues with digestion maybe you would get better absorption topically. Albiet, it would cost more to use since it is less than half absorbed (I hear different numbers from Peat and other people on the forum, but it seems like somewhere in that range).
There are different effects to consider. For example the liver has an affinity for vit D, so when ingesting orally with, say, mct fat, it will shut directly to the liver and it'll be retained there more versus topical where it skips first liver pass and acts more systematically.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I love these interviews with Jodelle, fantastic.

pepsi

Dr Peat is so very generous to keep doing these interviews.
My undereye bags resolved when I cut wheat out of my diet.
Thats the only thing I changed. I even experimented to make sure it was the wheat.
On days I would eat wheat based products, next morning with undereye bags.
Rest of the day no wheat products, following morning no undereye bags.

yerrag

This is the 2nd interview with Jodelle where Ray Peat's voice is hard to listen to. I wonder if anyone's having a hard time hearing. I'm listening from my Castbox App in my cellphone.

Is it just me?

Dave Clark

Dr Peat is so very generous to keep doing these interviews.
My undereye bags resolved when I cut wheat out of my diet.
Thats the only thing I changed. I even experimented to make sure it was the wheat.
On days I would eat wheat based products, next morning with undereye bags.
Rest of the day no wheat products, following morning no undereye bags.
I am not sure what you mean 'Peat right again', under eye bags are a sign of allergies, which you must of had an issue with concerning the wheat, but if I recall, Peat was talking about under eye bags being a water issue, mentioning that when you become vertical they start to diminish. I think stress, allergies, etc. are usually the culprit.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

yerrag

It's actually fairly clear for me this time. It's been a lot worse but this time it's ok.
Yes, it's better this time from the last. I don't recall having any difficulty before the last interview.

Ihor

This is the 2nd interview with Jodelle where Ray Peat's voice is hard to listen to. I wonder if anyone's having a hard time hearing. I'm listening from my Castbox App in my cellphone.

Is it just me?
I just can’t understand the reason how for all this time, Peat or his interviewers can’t get for him a better microphone, and why everyone who interviews him will not do something for this. The content is good quality, but sometimes this terrible quality of the recording discourages the desire to listen no matter what they talking about.

yerrag

I just can’t understand the reason how for all this time, Peat or his interviewers can’t get for him a better microphone, and why everyone who interviews him will not do something for this. The content is good quality, but sometimes this terrible quality of the recording discourages the desire to listen no matter what they talking about.
The poor sound quality is only in recent interviews of Ray with Jodelle. and I hope Jodelle is already aware of it.

I've made a comment on the Castbox app last time, but I guess that didn't get through to Jodelle. I'll try again, but if there's a better way for you to get through, I'm all for it!

dfspcc20

Is this one only on YouTube? I'm not seeing it in my podcast app. Last one shows as "Matt Maruca - The Light Diet ..." from Feb 1.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

New ray peat - one radio network interview out. Can’t post .....@lampofred

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals