Does your body constantly need fat and protein?

cout12

I know your body constantly needs sugar, but what about fat and protein?

I notice I get pretty hungry if I don't eat fat every couple of hours, not matter how much sugar I eat. Or not matter how much fat I've eaten earlier in the day.

It's especially noticeable when the only fat I'm getting comes from coconut oil and the rest of my diet is fat free.

jyb

I'd say if you got an unstable urge every couple of hours, then you're not eating enough of something. I've been there before. But that's if you have a nasty urge and its occurs too regularly. That's different from just developing a hunger if you haven't eaten for a while, while remaining stable and calm. Your state of mind should be an indication of the harm. I think in the former case its like hypoglycaemia and means high stress hormones with depleted energy, basically the opposite of what one should aim for on a Peat diet. For me, only eating fat from coconut oil would lead to those symptoms, I see coconut oil as a supplement more than a bulk source of energy. A bit like a thyroid supplement to help use the energy, but the energy needs to come from somewhere. If I'm well fed, I never experience this sort of unstable urge, almost never, I expect to feel hunger when I need to eat but it should be gradual and I should maintain good mood throughout the day, that's proof that cells are not being severely energy deplete.

tara

Unless you have very good glycogen storage, then sugar regularly, and protein to balance the sugar and feed the liver etc. A little fat with meals helps with absorption of nutrients from food. You have to get your fat-soluble vitamins in some time. Fat itself may not be necessary, if you can get all the other necessary nutrients in somehow. But if you are not eating (much) fat, and you do not yet have strong liver glycogen storage, then sugar and protein together several times a day - maybe every hour or two, depending on your state, and how active you are, etc. You could just be hungry because you need more food, and you are craving fat because your body knows it is calorie dense.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals