Why I Believe Very Low Fat ("carbosis") May Be Superior For Lean Bulking

Jsaute21

Have you'e ever seen the Peat quote "I start by trying to make a context clear, things should make no sense until they make the right sense?"

You don't know what someone is really living like on a daily basis. It is only logical to get more information.

It's free forum. You now have all of the info he gave as well. So why don't you go ahead and give him advice instead of just trolling me? Let's see how much better your advice is.

So many of you expect so much for nothing. You want someone to wipe your **** for you.
Very defensive. Nobody is trolling you. Your post was just recognized as unhelpful. Neither of our comments were rude or personal.

Very defensive. Nobody is trolling you. Your post was just recognized as unhelpful. Neither of our comments were rude or personal.

Unhelpful to you. Good for you. Now please give Israelibacon helpful advice. I can't wait to see how cutting edge it is. What are you waiting for?

Jsaute21

Unhelpful to you. Good for you. Now please give Israelibacon helpful advice. I can't wait to see how cutting edge it is. What are you waiting for?
You seem very high estrogen. It's truly embarrassing how personally you took my comment. I never insisted that I am going to solve his problems. I'm not a doctor or a guru, just someone who has improved his health decently within the last year. My overall short term advice to @Israelibacon would consist of:
1.) stop working out for at least a week and focus on sleep.
2.) avoid all supplements for at least a week.
3.) adhere to a high carb/sugar diet with adequate protein.
4.) don't touch PUFA
5.) try and ween off cigarettes, they are bad news. I personally like nicotine as well so I can't be a hypocrite.

It takes time to heal and improve ones condition, especially with the use of serious compounds, as he mentioned above. Try and stay positive, and continue to ask for help if you need it. I firmly believe that more supplements is not better.

Last edited:

Wagner83

I have had a genius idea a couple of weeks ago and it has not let me down:
1. a generous amount of coriander on top of potatoes while they are steamed.
2. cook white jasmine rice by absorbing all water rather than strain it, add generous amounts of coriander in the water before it boils, and last but not least, add chopped ginger (works with potatoes and kale broth too).

EIRE24

I have had a genius idea a couple of weeks ago and it has not let me down:
1. a generous amount of coriander on top of potatoes while they are steamed.
2. cook white jasmine rice by absorbing all water rather than strain it, add generous amounts of coriander in the water before it boils, and last but not least, add chopped ginger (works with potatoes and kale broth too).
What have been the benefits?

Wagner83

What have been the benefits?
The taste is excellent even with little fat, particularly ginger+coriander in rice with complete absorption of water. Nothing more. It is important to make a broth out of the ginger first as it takes a bit of time.

Last edited:

Collden

What about cooked wheat? Wheat noodles are a staple in most asian countries, and italians are pretty healthy as well. Nothing against potatoes, rice or oats, but I find there is no cooked starch that digests as easily and is as tasty with minimal added fat as plain wheat pasta. I can eat a pound of pasta (dry weight) with just a splash of olive oil and salt and feel great afterwards, couldn't even imagine getting an equivalent amount of carbs from potatoes or oats in one sitting.

tankasnowgod

Now many people might think that eating low fat lowers testosterone which hurts your ability to build muscle, but I don't think this is the case. It is true that eating higher fat increases your testosterone a little bit (although only 10-15%), but it has been shown that this does not lead to more muscle growth. .

This has been discussed a bit on the forum before, but one thing to note, the studies that look at a higher fat diet usually have a higher cholesterol intake as well. If you can keep cholesterol intake up on a lower fat diet, the difference in testosterone might completely disappear, or even be higher on a lower fat diet. I posted a study a while back about how higher cholesterol intakes (with calories and macros being held constant) led to better strength gains in elderly men.

This makes liver a pretty important food, as it is rich in cholesterol, but fairly low in fat. Other organ meats might also be a good choice for high cholesterol, low fat. Also, a cholesterol supplement (with this forum being one of the few places that would entertain such a thing) might also be quite beneficial on a low fat diet.

BibleBeliever

You may be allergic but probably not. It's most likely your flora. Unfortunately dairy and starch don't mix for most people. Most of the successful starchivores are also dairy free. You could have something like crohn's disease, diverticulitis or IBS. You could try antibiotics to clear everything out. When I first started eating this way there were a lot of problems but I figured it out over time. Trial and error. I also did lots of research.

I retried potatoes and it has been going great. I peel and boil them in spring water; usually cook for 1.5-2.5 hours. I add white button mushrooms too.
Been eating about 30 lbs of potatoes a week, it has become the primary staple and my muscles are performing their best in a long time. Found one store that sells 50 lb bags for 14 dollars.
Many improvements with them. For whatever reason digestion has been great with potatoes, with no negative side effects that I can see.
The only other variable is I started to supplement glycine around the same time.
Loving it.

Glassy

I retried potatoes and it has been going great. I peel and boil them in spring water; usually cook for 1.5-2.5 hours. I add white button mushrooms too.
Been eating about 30 lbs of potatoes a week, it has become the primary staple and my muscles are performing their best in a long time. Found one store that sells 50 lb bags for 14 dollars.
Many improvements with them. For whatever reason digestion has been great with potatoes, with no negative side effects that I can see.
The only other variable is I started to supplement glycine around the same time.
Loving it.

They’re bulky though. Do you have any issues meeting your caloric needs while eating that many potatoes or do you add fat (butter/cream) to them. I tried eating large amounts of potatoes and sweet potatoes (white & purple varieties) but found them to be a chore and low cal for volume when the fat is not present. I was trialling high starch, high protein & low fat at the time and needed to add cottage cheese and salt just to get them down.

Wagner83

They’re bulky though. Do you have any issues meeting your caloric needs while eating that many potatoes or do you add fat (butter/cream) to them. I tried eating large amounts of potatoes and sweet potatoes (white & purple varieties) but found them to be a chore and low cal for volume when the fat is not present. I was trialling high starch, high protein & low fat at the time and needed to add cottage cheese and salt just to get them down.
Did you try adding freshly pressed juice, fat and proteins? If you are aiming for an idealistic number of calories each that may be a problem. For the record tyw said he felt terrible on potatoes but does great on white rice (he's Asian).

BibleBeliever

Oh, I meant I added it in to mostly replace all the orange juice I was drinking and a few 100 ml of honey. I found over time the orange juice started to cause either oxalate or crystals in the muscles; mostly the forearms/biceps. Trying potatoes would not cause this effect and is acting much more anabolic.
Otherwise lately I have been having about 4 eggs daily, many coffees, coconut oil, liver with every meal and lots of cheese. Butter as well.

Digestion and energy is great. Boxing about twice a week and kettlebell training a lot lately. Work is quite physical too, so the high activity perhaps is why all the potatoes go so well with it.

I usually consume the potatoes with both coconut oil/butter and cheese/liver/well-cooked white button mushrooms, with salt and enjoy this meal thoroughly.
I have no problem so far with a decent amount of fat with this many carbs. I was consuming more fat before though and have cut it a bit as a result.

I plan to retry adding a bit of raw carrot with every meal too.

My overall calorie intake is higher, but clothes getting looser. Many comments about weight loss, although it remains relatively the same; upper body getting larger, so must be putting on more muscle.

Glassy

Oh, I meant I added it in to mostly replace all the orange juice I was drinking and a few 100 ml of honey. I found over time the orange juice started to cause either oxalate or crystals in the muscles; mostly the forearms/biceps. Trying potatoes would not cause this effect and is acting much more anabolic.
Otherwise lately I have been having about 4 eggs daily, many coffees, coconut oil, liver with every meal and lots of cheese. Butter as well.

Digestion and energy is great. Boxing about twice a week and kettlebell training a lot lately. Work is quite physical too, so the high activity perhaps is why all the potatoes go so well with it.

I usually consume the potatoes with both coconut oil/butter and cheese/liver/well-cooked white button mushrooms, with salt and enjoy this meal thoroughly.
I have no problem so far with a decent amount of fat with this many carbs. I was consuming more fat before though and have cut it a bit as a result.

I plan to retry adding a bit of raw carrot with every meal too.

My overall calorie intake is higher, but clothes getting looser. Many comments about weight loss, although it remains relatively the same; upper body getting larger, so must be putting on more muscle.
Sorry man - I thought you were eating low fat for some reason (maybe I thought you were doing 50lbs of potatoes per week).

Kyle M

I am planning on doing a low fat diet but wanted to wait until after my friend visited me, and realized I was kind of unintentionally bulking. I don't think I've been gaining much weight, but my muscles seem more full. So I'm thinking maybe I will try a Peaty bulk, not limiting any of my macros. Probably would have included pictures before a certain negativity had descended on me from some on the forum. On the other hand, my other social media is (and has been) searchable so w/e

EIRE24

Loving it.
Apart from the potatoes. What else do you eat?