Did Cyproheptadine Made Me Diabetic?

Seriously 17 please be responsible and seek a doctors help. Use the internet responsibly
The doctor is probably going to prescribe him SSRI's to bring back his serotonin levels to "normal". And probably tell him to eat some oats and some soybean oil to massively reduce his cholesterol. Gotta keep heart disease at bay since young, right, babe? But not before getting scolded for trying to make smart choices for his own health and for not relying on authorities. The responsible decision is not go to a doctor, since just the stress and learned helplessness of interacting with doctors will not be good for your health. Maybe talking to a pharmacist or a TCM practitioner could be interesting. But I see what you are saying. As with anything, it's important to be careful and make sure to cover the basics before using drugs. But once you have a good base( good nutrition, good sleep, etc.) and you want to either improve this base or solve issues that this base isn't solving, then safe drugs can be used. Many people have great effects from supplements too, so a comprehensive approach sounds like a very good idea to me. Also, backing off from something that isn't working is essential, as is figuring out why that isn't working and whether or not it can work in the future.

Antonello

Hi guys. 4 days ago, I took 4 mg of cyproheptadine at night. That night, I woke up with a absolutely terrible side effects like:

- Shivering
- Shaking
- Visual impairment
- Brain fog
- I wasn’t able to stay at stand up position
- Pain while drinking something ( I didn’t ate anything that night) etc.

After that night, I think something changed inside me. Anxiety after eating something, more frequent hungrieness etc.

Now, 4 days later, I’m at school (I’m 17 btw) and I started to shaking like crazy. I’m hungry meanwhile.

Is it possible to that cypro permanently upregulated my insuline receptors? What the heck happening to me?

Edit-

Apperantly, I guess it didn’t upregulated any receptor. Just made the insuline receptors unsensitive to insuline. That’s even worse.
How are you bro? Did you fixed the issue?
I found cypro gives me your same reaction so 0,5mg is enough

Kartoffel

Hi guys. 4 days ago, I took 4 mg of cyproheptadine at night. That night, I woke up with a absolutely terrible side effects like:

- Shivering
- Shaking
- Visual impairment
- Brain fog
- I wasn’t able to stay at stand up position
- Pain while drinking something ( I didn’t ate anything that night) etc.

After that night, I think something changed inside me. Anxiety after eating something, more frequent hungrieness etc.

Now, 4 days later, I’m at school (I’m 17 btw) and I started to shaking like crazy. I’m hungry meanwhile.

Is it possible to that cypro permanently upregulated my insuline receptors? What the heck happening to me?

Edit-

Apperantly, I guess it didn’t upregulated any receptor. Just made the insuline receptors unsensitive to insuline. That’s even worse.

Are you feeling better? A first, large dose of cyproheptadine can cause you to be in bad shape for a few days, but this stupefying effect isn't harmful and will just subside after a while. In rat experiments, very large doses (>40m/kg) inhibit the secretion of insulin secretion and apparently reversibly interrupt the ability of pancreatic cells to produce insulin, which leads to hyperglycemia. A possible mechanism might be inhibition of MAO by very large concentrations. Human studies, however, have used doses larger than 10-12mg, even with children, and they have not found any such effects. In addition, the hyperglycemic/insulin-inhibiting effect of cypro seems to be limited to rats and hamsters. It producers different effects in humans or rabbits. It is impossible that one 4mg dose of cyproheptadine has done any permanent damage to your body.

Effect of cyproheptadine on glucose tolerance, serum insulin and structure of pancreatic islets in rats. - PubMed - NCBI
Sci-Hub | Monoamine oxidase inhibition: Possible mechanism for cyproheptadine-induced alterations in insulin secretion. Life Sciences, 15(6), 1121–1134 | 10.1016/s0024-3205(74)80009-3

"There is considerable species variability in the effect of cyproheptadine (CYPRO) on insulin secretion and on glucose utilization. This serotonin antagonist stimulates insulin secretion from segments of rabbit pancreas (1), has no effect on insulin secretion in man (2), and impairs insulin secretion in the rat (3). Although CYPRO decreases the fasting blood glucose of man (2), this compound produces glucose intolerance in rats (3)."

There is a significant correlation between the inhibitory potency of these compounds on insulin secretion and their inhibitory effect on MAO. Their decreasing order of potency as inhibitors of insulin secretion and inhibitors of islet and liver MAO is: CYPRO> CINAN> METHY. CYPRO is a more effective inhibitor of MAO than the histamine antagonists DIPHEN and CHLOR. DIPHE"

We hypothesize that the net effect of CYPRO, CINAN and METHY on insulin secretion is due to the interaction of their MAO inhibitory effects and their antiserotonin effects. In hamsters, the MAO effects of CYPRO (and to a lesser extent CINAN) predominate and insulin secretion is inhibited. In the rabbit the antisertonin effect may phy-siologically predominate and insulin, secretion is increased (1). The present study does not entirely exclude the possiblity that CYPRO inhibits glucose-stimulated insulin secretion from hamster pancreas by a direct action that is not related to its activity as an MAO inhibitor.

The notion that a drug may alter a physiological process by a secondary rather than by a primary pharmacological action has many precedents. Hendley and Snyder furnished a superb example of this phenomenon when they demonstrated that the anti-depressant efficacy of MAO inhibitors correlates more closely with the ability of the MAO inhibitor to inhibit n oradrenaline uptake into brain slices ("tricyclic like action") than the ability of the compound to inhibit brain MAO (24). [Look, they knew this over 40 years ago] CYPRO exerts other poorly understood effects such as appetite stiumlation with accompanying weight gain (25). The present study at least raises the possibility that such actions may be caused by inhibition of MAO rather than antagonism of serotonin."​

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals