Did Cyproheptadine Made Me Diabetic?

Astolfo

Hi guys. 4 days ago, I took 4 mg of cyproheptadine at night. That night, I woke up with a absolutely terrible side effects like:

- Shivering
- Shaking
- Visual impairment
- Brain fog
- I wasn’t able to stay at stand up position
- Pain while drinking something ( I didn’t ate anything that night) etc.

After that night, I think something changed inside me. Anxiety after eating something, more frequent hungrieness etc.

Now, 4 days later, I’m at school (I’m 17 btw) and I started to shaking like crazy. I’m hungry meanwhile.

Is it possible to that cypro permanently upregulated my insuline receptors? What the heck happening to me?

Edit-

Apperantly, I guess it didn’t upregulated any receptor. Just made the insuline receptors unsensitive to insuline. That’s even worse.

Last edited:

olive

Eat some eggs for choline and stop taking anticholinergic drugs.

OP
A

Astolfo

I’m not using any drug. Also egg is one of the main source of my daily protein source already.

In type 2 diabetes, the cells of the body become resistant to the effects of insulin as the receptors which bind to the hormone become less sensitive to insulin concentrations resulting in hyperinsulinemia and disturbances in insulin release.[3] With a reduced response to insulin, the beta cells of the pancreas secrete increasing amounts of insulin in response to the continued high blood glucose levels resulting in hyperinsulinemia. In insulin resistant tissues, a threshold concentration of insulin is reached causing the cells to uptake glucose and therefore decreases blood glucose levels. Studies have shown that the high levels of insulin resulting from insulin resistance might enhance insulin resistance.[3]

There are often no visible symptoms of hyperinsulinemia unless hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) is present.[citation needed]

Some patients may experience a variety of symptoms when hypoglycaemia is present, including:[6]

• Temporary muscle weakness
  • Brain fog
  • Fatigue
  • Temporary thought disorder, or inability to concentrate
  • Visual problems such as blurred vision or double vision
  • Headaches
  • Shaking/Trembling
  • Thirst

It’s ******* unbelievable. What’s the appetite-giving mechanism behind the cyproheptadine?

Lukas

Cypro can block the cortisol increase from hypoglycemia (haidut posted a study about that). You are probably experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar and increased adrenaline. There are many threads about cypro on the forum, please read them and things will become clear.

Alpha

I’m not using any drug. Also egg is one of the main source of my daily protein source already.

It’s ******* unbelievable. What’s the appetite-giving mechanism behind the cyproheptadine?

Probably raises IGF and lowers Cortisol. Also suppressing 5HT2C is known to be appetite-stimulating, partially through lowering cortisol, but also because agnoism is used for the brain's satiating effects.

OP
A

Astolfo

Probably raises IGF and lowers Cortisol. Also suppressing 5HT2C is known to be appetite-stimulating, partially through lowering cortisol, but also because agnoism is used for the brain's satiating effects.

Cypro can block the cortisol increase from hypoglycemia (haidut posted a study about that). You are probably experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar and increased adrenaline. There are many threads about cypro on the forum, please read them and things will become clear.

Damn,
Do you really think that I didn’t read already? That ***t was not just a “apetite” or “high adrenaline”. I even thought I got a serious intoxication that night. That effects was like a hell. I wish I took the med at morning so I could eat something before I went serious hypoglycemic.

By the way, My cortisol was already on the low range before I took cypro (8.77 range: 8-22). So I don’t think it’s because adrenaline.

Vinero

Why you keep taking cypro if it causes bad side effects? At least lower the dose to 0,5 - 1 mg.
4 mg is a heavy dose.

OP
A

Astolfo

Why you keep taking cypro if it causes bad side effects? At least lower the dose to 0,5 - 1 mg.
4 mg is a heavy dose.
I’m not taking it. It was a single dose. Sorry for the grammar mistakes.

OP
A

Astolfo

*** **** IT, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

THIS FORUM IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN SO FAR WHEN IT COMES TO BIOHACKING, THANKS TO THE INFORMED MEMBERS. WERE I WRONG?
IS THAT ALL?

@haidut any opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:

haidut

Forum Supporter
*** **** IT, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

THIS FORUM IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN SO FAR WHEN IT COMES TO BIOHACKING, THANKS TO THE INFORMED MEMBERS. WERE I WRONG?
IS THAT ALL?

@haidut any opinion?

People already gave you pretty good answers earlier in the thread. Cypro is a known appetite stimulant and that is why it is used in some patients to increase their weight. Antagonism to 5-HT2C and lower cortisol are probably responsible for this increased appetite. Its anti-cholinergic effects, dopamine blocking (in higher doses), and histamine blocking effects may be responsible for the other unpleasant sensations it gave you. Have you looked at the Wikipedia page with its side effects? Some of your complaints are listed as known side effects. Also, as other mentioned, 4mg is a pretty high dose. For the serotonin-blocking effects no more than 1mg-2mg daily are needed and at the lower doses it does not have nearly as unpleasant side effects.
Finally, why are you taking something without specifying any reason, without familiarizing yourself with how it works, and its side effects? Does that sound to you like a wise approach?

Last edited by a moderator:

TeaRex14

Being at such a young age I would recommend trying to find a solution that doesn't require supplementation. Thyroid is the only thing that would possibly be necessary for you, besides a nutritious diet of course. I wish I had known about Peat and this forum when I was seventeen, would've saved me from the disastrous bro science of the low carb community. I probably, unknowingly of course, did even more damage to my thyroid and metabolism while going low carb.

m1210

Hi guys. 4 days ago, I took 4 mg of cyproheptadine at night. That night, I woke up with a absolutely terrible side effects like:

- Shivering
- Shaking
- Visual impairment
- Brain fog

After that night, I think something changed inside me. Anxiety after eating something, more frequent hungrieness etc.

Now, 4 days later, I’m at school (I’m 17 btw) and I started to shaking like crazy. I’m hungry meanwhile.

Is it possible to that cypro permanently upregulated my insuline receptors? What the heck happening to me?

Edit-

Apperantly, I guess it didn’t upregulated any receptor. Just made the insuline receptors unsensitive to insuline. That’s even worse.

Try celery juice (or look into medical medium Anthony William). It helps with a lot of mystery illnesses. But don’t over do it (never more than once per day). Hope that helps

OP
A

Astolfo

People already gave you pretty good answers earlier in the thread. Cypro is a known appetite stimulant and that is why it is used in some patients to increase their weight. Antagonism to 5-HT2C and lower cortisol are probably responsible for this increased appetite. Its anti-cholinergic effects, dopamine blocking (in higher doses), and histamine blocking effects may be responsible for the other unpleasant sensations it gave you. Have you looked at the Wikipedia page with its side effects? Some of your complaints are listed as known side effects. Also, as other mentioned, 4mg is a pretty high dose. For the serotonin-blocking effects no more than 1mg-2mg daily are needed and at the lower doses it does not have nearly as unpleasant side effects.

Finally, why are you taking something without specifying any reason, without familiarizing yourself with how it works, and its side effects? Does that sound to you like a wise approach?

Thanks for the answer. Maybe it was one of its sedation effects, Anyway.

A few days ago, I took 100 mg aspirin with some OJ and sugar. That day, I got serious anxiety and panic attack for hours.

Yesterday, Again I took 100 mg aspirin before I go to bed. and woke up with stress and hearth palpitations. There was also some cognitive problems but these were milder than cypro’s effects.

Later I learned that aspirin lowers blood sugar.

But why my body is affected that much from a baby aspirin? I was popping 2-3 pills before I ever used cypro and wasn’t noticing much effect.

Alpha

A few days ago, I took 100 mg aspirin with some OJ and sugar. That day, I got serious anxiety and panic attack for hours.

Yesterday, Again I took 100 mg aspirin before I go to bed. and woke up with stress and hearth palpitations. There was also some cognitive problems but these were milder than cypro’s effects.

But why my body is affected that much from a baby aspirin? I was popping 2-3 pills before I ever used cypro and wasn’t noticing much effect.
It's not a good idea to take sugary foods without some proteins.

Take BCAAs before bed and tell us how you feel with anxiety and heart palpitations.

GorillaHead

- Shivering
- Shaking
- Visual impairment
- Brain fog

Edit-

Seriously 17 please be responsible and seek a doctors help. Use the internet responsibly

OP
A

Astolfo

Seriously 17 please be responsible and seek a doctors help. Use the internet responsibly

If I have done an irresponsibility, I’m sorry for everyone but except you.

I got terrible cognitive and muscular problems from pssd. On top of that, this problem occured. Writing these sentences are so hard for me while I have terrible cognitive problems and no English.

You can’t come here and say something like this without even helping a bit. What you doing now is worse than swearing to me.

Constatine

Aspirin is also a serotonin antagonist like cypro (and very heavily stimulates metabolism). Are you a relatively thin guy? To me it sounds like you became extremely hypermetabolic. I've had very similar reactions to yours in the past. Don't push your metabolism too far. It's much worse for you than having a slow metabolism.

Douglas Ek

You seem sensitive to effects of supplements/drugs so might reconsider using them if you’re getting bad effects. As many has mentioned you’re quite young and probably don’t need metabolic boosting, playing with your neurotransmitter or hormones. You’re brain is still developing and your body is not that of an adult. I’d be cautious altough people done a lot worse to themselves at your age with recreational drugs and still turned out fine. I would try to not worry or get paranoid over diabetes etc over night. As people mentioned you might already have quite low cortisol levels good health and androgens at your developing age. Lowering cortisol further might cause low glucose and low glucose can have a lot of effects on the body. Think diabetics when they go low they can have seizures or coma. All though very unlikely this would happen to a non diabetic with low blood sugar the effects of low blood sugar can be quite profound. How is your glycogen stores? Do you tend to eat a lot of carbs in general? If not might want to consider that. It’s will put your body in a good place considering you’re a growing teenager carbs are very important.

Douglas Ek

Aspirin is also a serotonin antagonist like cypro (and very heavily stimulates metabolism). Are you a relatively thin guy? To me it sounds like you became extremely hypermetabolic. I've had very similar reactions to yours in the past. Don't push your metabolism too far. It's much worse for you than having a slow metabolism.

This.
Read the agony of being hyperthyroid. Its an extreme stress for the body and heart with all that adrenaline pumping and cortisol going crazy.

You seem sensitive to effects of supplements/drugs so might reconsider using them if you’re getting bad effects. As many has mentioned you’re quite young and probably don’t need metabolic boosting, playing with your neurotransmitter or hormones. You’re brain is still developing and your body is not that of an adult. I’d be cautious altough people done a lot worse to themselves at your age with recreational drugs and still turned out fine. I would try to not worry or get paranoid over diabetes etc over night. As people mentioned you might already have quite low cortisol levels good health and androgens at your developing age. Lowering cortisol further might cause low glucose and low glucose can have a lot of effects on the body. Think diabetics when they go low they can have seizures or coma. All though very unlikely this would happen to a non diabetic with low blood sugar the effects of low blood sugar can be quite profound. How is your glycogen stores? Do you tend to eat a lot of carbs in general? If not might want to consider that. It’s will put your body in a good place considering you’re a growing teenager carbs are very important.
I saw a study where carbs are necessary for the conversion of growth hormone into IGF-1, which is what makes bones grow. I think it is the liver which makes this conversion, and, similarly to thyroid hormone, if the liver doesn't have enough carbs, the conversion to the effective form doesn't happen. So I agree, carbs are very important to growing people,and also to everybody else.
This.
Read the agony of being hyperthyroid. Its an extreme stress for the body and heart with all that adrenaline pumping and cortisol going crazy.
I think that, after a certain point, pushing the metabolism too hard is going to make it very hard to get enough calories in, since I don't think the intestines and the other digestive organs are going to able to absorb nutrients at a fast enough pace to keep the demand for food that a very high metabolism has. That would mean more cortisol and adrenalin to access the organism's nutrient storages, which overtime will cause degeneration.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals