DHEA Taller

zeropercent21

I just read an article that claimed Ray Peat grew 1.5 inches by taking DHEA. Is that physiologically possible? Have any of you heard of this?

Mastemah

Yes. Posture often decreases for poor reflexes. Better chemistry = less stress, less disk dessication = more height

Dewitt

If I remember correctly, there is evidence that some of the steroids (like DHEA) support and are needed for growth, while the supposed "growth hormones" in the pituitary family are actually not needed for growth.

aguilaroja

Mastemah said:
Yes. Posture often decreases for poor reflexes. Better chemistry = less stress, less disk dessication = more height

I would view increased measured height through improved muscular patterns ("posture") and better nourished/hydrated discs as a kind of restoring of actual height.

Numerous people have done this through the somatic arts, working with better muscular use. It's a small amount (an inch or two) unless there was a severe imbalance previously. I've seen smaller gains with better disc metabolism.

I don't know cases of notably increased height after skeletal maturity (closed end plates) in other ways. I found this study, though:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21608025
Surprising evidence of pelvic growth (widening) after skeletal maturity.
Berger AA, May R, Renner JB, Viradia N, Dahners LE. J Orthop Res. 2011 Nov;29(11):1719-23. doi: 10.1002/jor.21469

I do not recall this statement by Dr. Peat but have not heard all interviews.

Kunstruct

If I remember correctly, there is evidence that some of the steroids (like DHEA) support and are needed for growth, while the supposed "growth hormones" in the pituitary family are actually not needed for growth.

How Gigantism is explained then?

Experienced

I'm still interested if anyone had the same effects like Ray did. Please bump this thread.

Me: I was reading an article where you allegedly said that you grew 1.5 inches from taking DHEA. If you actually said that, I was wondering how many milligrams of DHEA you were taking per day? How long were you taking it before you grew? And were you taking other hormones like pregnenolone etc at the time that might have caused the growth itself or synergized with the DHEA? I very much appreciate all your information that you share with the public, and your time. Thank you very much!
Ray Peat: A friend and her two kids were living with us, and everyone marked their height on the door frame; I was about 40 at the time. About a year before we moved out of the house, I was experimenting with DHEA; I had previously been handling progesterone occasionally for several years. I probably took 10 or 15 mg per day, and after a few days there was a sudden change in a mole on my belly, and my horizontal, semi-impacted lower wisdom teeth suddenly began erupting; over a period of a few weeks, they moved into a fully erupted position. I was about 45 at that time. I noticed that my belt was looser, and I had a visible waste, so I checked my weight, and found that I hadn’t lost weight, though considerable fat had disappeared. We were moving out of the house, and before we left we checked our height on the door frame. My younger girl friend was about the same as before, I was considerably taller.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
theantagonist Source DHEA 5mg Europe/Uk Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
johnwester130 Anti-Peat 7α-Hydroxy-DHEA elevated in alzeimer's, not DHEA Debate - Anti-Peat 1
theantagonist Muscle gain log: androsterone + progesterone + pregnenelone + DHEA Exercise 20
ddjd DHEA essential for absorption of DHT?? Ask For Help or Advice 4
N Confused about DHEA DHEA 14
Lokzo Copper Deficiency Can Decrease DHEA Levels By Up To 50%! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 20
johnwester130 Anti-Peat DHEA is an anti-androgen Debate - Anti-Peat 3
S Australia Nanny State - How To Get A Dhea/prog Prescription? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
Mr.Cacciatore DHEA Agonizes Estrogen Beta Receptor Male Issues 0
Gadreel Has Anyone Else Heard Of A 8 Wk 400mg Dhea Study? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 21
M Help! My Facial Features Changed From Taking Progestorone, Pregnenlone And Dhea Male Issues 62
Gadreel Dhea With Vitamin E Vs Dhea With Dim Ask For Help or Advice 0
Infinite DHEA Profound Effects Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
vulture Best Solvent For Topical DHEA In Genitals Thyroid and Hormones 7
not_James_Bond 7-Keto DHEA Metabolite Metabolism 1
L How Much DHEA Is Safe Daily? Skin 26
haidut Topical DHEA Has Potent Anti-aging Effects On Human Skin Scientific Studies 8
C Taking DHEA With These Blood Results? Ask For Help or Advice 6
ScurveDream DHEA Or Pregnenolone To Combat Possible Caffeine-induced Stress? Ask For Help or Advice 8
Lenin Effects Of Cyproheptadine + DHEA On High Blood Pressure - High Pulse Experiments 3
F 50mg DHEA + 100mg Preg = No Effect DHEA 8
C Progesterone + DHEA Dosages In Young Person Ask For Help or Advice 7
C Is Dhea Safe For Young People? Ask For Help or Advice 13
L Can Micronized DHEA Dissolve In Coconut Oil? Digestion 3
zarrin77 “ Influence Of Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) On The Thyroid Hormone Status Of BHE/cdb Rats” Scientific Studies 18
L Micronized DHEA From A Capsule Soluable In Oil? Male Issues 0
M DHEA Issue DHEA 15
Y Best Source For Youth Steriods (preg/prog/dhea) From Eating Brains? Ask For Help or Advice 23
G What Would Be An Optimal Environment For DHEA Production? Ask For Help or Advice 1
O DHEA And Muscle Growth Thyroid and Hormones 6
A Androsterone+DHEA Ask For Help or Advice 4
L Transdermal DHEA Questions DHEA 4
Soren Progesterone & DHEA During Chemo Therapy? Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 0
S 1008 Test; 33.4 Free Test -- TRT, Hypoxia, Hypothyroidism & DHEA Blood Work, Labs 6
H DHEA Suppresses Longitudinal Bone Growth By Acting Directly At Growth Plate Through Estrogen Recepto DHEA 7
H DHEA Alters Vitamin E Status Prevents Lipid Peroxidation In Vitamin E-Deficient Rats DHEA 0
GutFeeling Proviron May Reduce DHEA Conversion To Testosterone Scientific Studies 1
Inaut #14 - Aging, Mitochondria, Hypoxia, DHEA, Fertility - Danny Roddy With Georgi Dinkov Danny Roddy 12
haidut DHEA-S Completely Prevents Breast Cancer Metastasis Due To Estrogen Scientific Studies 5
Lenny Need Help Taking DHEA/PREG And Searching This Forum! Ask For Help or Advice 16
B Pregnenolone + DHEA: Daily Or Weekly? Ask For Help or Advice 17
meatbag DHEA Inhibits The Activation And Dysfunction Of Endothelial Cells Induced By High Scientific Studies 0
Lenny How Does One Use Pregnenolone/DHEA Powder? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
L Help: My DHEA Is Crystallizing DHEA 3
Lenny Starting With DHEA. Anything I Should Know About Before Start? Ask For Help or Advice 2
L How To Take Powdered DHEA? DHEA 5
L Taking DHEA Alone, When Metabolism Is Good? DHEA 0
Inaut DHEA In Canada? Ask For Help or Advice 4
L Good Quality DHEA Supplements? DHEA 4
R #11: Testosterone, DHEA, PUFA, Libido, Aspirin, Progesterone, And Saturated Fat With Georgi Dinkov Danny Roddy 16