Anabolic Steroids

Tarmander

I have recently started experimenting a bit with Pregnenolone, and have been reading quite a bit from Haidut about DHEA in low amounts being very androgenic.

My question though is what separates some of these substances and supplements that we talk about that have androgenic and anabolic effects, and some of the anabolic steroids out there like D-bol, Winstrol, and trenbolone. I know many of these convert into estrogen and that is part of their issue. However, many people take additional drugs that prevent that. Even when they do prevent the estrogen conversion, many of these anabolic steroids cause all kinds of long term problems.

At what point do things like DHEA have too much of an androgenic effect? If Pregnenolone converts into DHEA, and testosterone, could it cause issues down the line? By Issues I mean some of the same side effects that anabolic steroids cause long term. Thoughts?

Rainytuesday

Bump for interest. DHEA is banned in most professional sports. Any concern about long term health effects?