DHEA supplementation stop natural production?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you! So it is not very bad, small doses won't cause much suppression. I read above you said combining oral and topical- is it for the suppression reason? What is LH :D
Yes, high dose topical will suppress a bit, whereas oral doesn't. So I'd just limit topical to 20mg max or so.

M

MadnessofMemory

I don't think it matters much. I'd rather take it pre, so that you have higher muscle DHEA and DHT that will help improve insulin sensitivity, etc.

Do you think lower doses of topical DHEA, say 10 mg three times a week, could cause a drop in LH as well, albeit smaller than is seen with 50mg?

These studies always use large doses, it’s difficult to see what a more modest dose would do.

Also, I read an article on your website about topical DHEA for muscle growth. You recommended a topical product that is liquid drops. Do you use that topically, or sublingually as the directions say?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you think lower doses of topical DHEA, say 10 mg three times a week, could cause a drop in LH as well, albeit smaller than is seen with 50mg?

These studies always use large doses, it’s difficult to see what a more modest dose would do.

Also, I read an article on your website about topical DHEA for muscle growth. You recommended a topical product that is liquid drops. Do you use that topically, or sublingually as the directions say?
Yes, but 10mg x3 week might be too small. Some of my clients don't even see an increase in DHEA, testosterone, DHT, estrone or estradiol from 10-15mg topical DHEA daily.
I made my own topical DHEA product (DHEA dissolved in vodka) and was using around 25mg. I felt good on it.
With sublingual, you'll like not see an increase in T or much of an increase in DHT, similar to oral DHEA. Plus, the half life will likely be much shorter.

M

MadnessofMemory

Yes, but 10mg x3 week might be too small. Some of my clients don't even see an increase in DHEA, testosterone, DHT, estrone or estradiol from 10-15mg topical DHEA daily.
I made my own topical DHEA product (DHEA dissolved in vodka) and was using around 25mg. I felt good on it.
With sublingual, you'll like not see an increase in T or much of an increase in DHT, similar to oral DHEA. Plus, the half life will likely be much shorter.

Thank you

maxpower

So topical dhea is best for increasing DHT?

mgrabs

Not orally. Only topically.
Does a lowering of a dose work or is stopping fine? Levels came back slightly high like i mentioned last week. Just gonna stay with thyroid only and no dhea+preg. Maybe the thyroid will work better without all of that

Hans

Forum Supporter
Does a lowering of a dose work or is stopping fine? Levels came back slightly high like i mentioned last week. Just gonna stay with thyroid only and no dhea+preg. Maybe the thyroid will work better without all of that
Yes you can just stop. DHEA will be back to pre-supplement levels in about a week or so.

mgrabs

Yes you can just stop. DHEA will be back to pre-supplement levels in about a week or so.
Oh wow. It was orginally at 120 which was low. But i wasnt on thyroid support. Im hoping it wont go that low again? Will it? Or does thyroid help

Hans

Forum Supporter
Oh wow. It was orginally at 120 which was low. But i wasnt on thyroid support. Im hoping it wont go that low again? Will it? Or does thyroid help
Yes if nothing else changed, or improved, DHEA will drop again to 120. Thyroid should help boost it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals