Dandelion Root May Be Androgenic (Studies)

RayIV

Hi everyone, my name’s Ray (actual name).

I’ve been a long time lurker here (maybe for 5 years or so), but this is my first post ever.

I came across some studies regarding dandelion root and it’s possible androgenic effects. I figured some of you may find interest in these studies, maybe not.

I know Peat had mentioned previously that he wasn’t much of a fan of dandelion due to its estrogenic effects. But none the less, I found these studies interesting. Especially the study showing dandelion’s effects on steroidogenesis.

Improvement of andropause symptoms by dandelion and rooibos extract complex CRS-10 in aging male
Improvement of andropause symptoms by dandelion and rooibos extract complex CRS-10 in aging male

Steroidogenic effects of Taraxacum officinale extract on the levels of steroidogenic enzymes in mouse Leydig cells
Steroidogenic effects of Taraxacum officinale extract on the levels of steroidogenic enzymes in mouse Leydig cells

Peater

Interesting thanks. Dandelion and burdock is one of my favourite drinks luckily

OP
R

RayIV

Interesting thanks. Dandelion and burdock is one of my favourite drinks luckily
You’re welcome. I may have to experiment with it myself, as I’ve yet to do so. I’ve read good things in regards to it’s beneficial effects on the lymphatic system.

Dandelion greens are supposed to be very nutritious too :D

OP
R

RayIV

Dandelion greens are supposed to be very nutritious too :D
Yes, absolutely. I postulate a potential use for dandelion now when incorporated into a Peat-based or Peat-inspired diet. I think dandelion greens, dandelion tea, and the like may prove somewhat beneficial. Assuming any estrogenic side effects are monitored or kept at bay.

very intresting! I used to drink roasted dandelion root tea when I was younger for health benefits but I was pretty young and can't remember if it did anything. Always looking for natural androgenic substances though thanks for sharing! :smirk:

OP
R

RayIV

very intresting! I used to drink roasted dandelion root tea when I was younger for health benefits but I was pretty young and can't remember if it did anything. Always looking for natural androgenic substances though thanks for sharing! :smirk:
Absolutely, you’re welcome! I’ve seen the topic of dandelion come up on occasion around the forum, so I figured some may take interest in these studies. If you happen to experiment again, and find any androgenic benefit, definitely share your experience. I’d be interested in it’s practical use in regards to promoting steroidogenesis.

Coderr

Absolutely, you’re welcome! I’ve seen the topic of dandelion come up on occasion around the forum, so I figured some may take interest in these studies. If you happen to experiment again, and find any androgenic benefit, definitely share your experience. I’d be interested in it’s practical use in regards to promoting steroidogenesis.
Did you use dandelion? Have you seen the effects?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals