Cynomel/Cytomel causing more harm than good? Synthetic VS Natural?

natedawggh

I have been having such great increases in health that I haven't had to take much thyroid any longer! I attribute this first of all completely abstaining from alcohol, and the addition of a high intake of protein (150+grams a day), from sources that are low in tryptophan (casein powder, potatoes, shellfish) and tons of orange juice and fruit (occasionally milk, but I take that with high doses of lysine and feverfew to cut down the serotonin conversion).

So I haven't taken thyroid for 2 days. I thought I would take a little tiny bit last night, and I mean——I took an almost imperceptible piece from a 25 mg tablet. Within 30 minutes my pulse was up, but I began to sweat profusely, my feet turned from warm to cold and stiff, and I sweated for about 40 minutes. It was very uncomfortable and I couldn't fall asleep until about 4 am (and my insomnia has been gone for months). I guess I don't really need thyroid any more, though there is the occasion that my temp and pulse falls, and it used to help me sleep.

My question is, did this happen because Cynomel is synthetic? Would I have a more favorable response from natural T3? I have never been able to get natural T3, and now that I am healthier I think it would be even harder for me to get some from a doctor, because they are so hesitant to give it (I had a hell of a time getting it even when my numbers were terrible).

tara

natedawggh said:
My question is, did this happen because Cynomel is synthetic? Would I have a more favorable response from natural T3? I have never been able to get natural T3, ...
As far as I know, all T3 only products are synthetic (as are all T4 only products). The only way to get natural T3, I think, is to eat some animal (eg NDT, or chicken neck or fish head soup, etc), and get the the mix it produces itself.
Maybe you are right, that you know longer need it. Congratulations!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom