Natural Dessicated vs Synthetic Thyroid

Doc Sandoz

I tried Cynoplus and Cynomel several times, for a few weeks at a time, but could never keep going with it because even if I reduced the dose to the smallest micro-amount (T3 dose in single-digit mcg), my reaction was never a sense of well-being or energy; rather it made me edgy, even anxious, more easily angered and so forth. Recently I tried Bovine NDT in doses between 5 and 10 mg, the larger dose in the evening, smaller in the early afternoon. This stuff seems to do what thyroid supplementation is supposed to do, more energy, smooth energy, less tendency to fret and worry, higher frustration tolerance, less tendency to anger. I sleep much more deeply.

Liothyronine, or synthetic T3, is the sodium salt of triiodothyronine (T3). I would think that as a salt it would be more water soluble, and anyone who is familiar with Ray's work knows this can make a big difference in metabolism of the substance, perhaps even changing the effect. Has anyone else noticed a difference in response between synthetic thyroid and NDT?

Last edited:

bk_

I tried Cynoplus and Cynomel several times, for a few weeks at a time, but could never keep going with it because even if I reduced the dose to the smallest micro-amount (T3 dose in single-digit mcg), my reaction was never a sense of well-being or energy; rather it made me edgy, even anxious, more easily angered and so forth. Recently I tried Bovine NDT in doses between 5 and 10 mg, the larger dose in the evening, smaller in the early afternoon. This stuff seems to do what thyroid supplementation is supposed to do, more energy, smooth energy, less tendency to fret and worry, higher frustration tolerance, less tendency to anger. I sleep much more deeply.

Liothyronine, or synthetic T3, is the sodium salt of triiodothyronine (T3). I would think that as a salt it would be more water soluble, and anyone who is familiar with Ray's work knows this can make a big difference in metabolism of the substance, perhaps even changing the effect. Has anyone else noticed a difference in response between synthetic thyroid and NDT?
Are you using the synthetic thyroid in a solution or in tablets? Are you applying it topically or orally? I suspect you may be having a reaction to other ingredients.

jomamma007

"During the first week or two of supplementing thyroid, there is usually an intensification of the effect of adrenaline. It's necessary to watch a variety of signs, especially the temperature of hands and feet and the amount of water evaporated, to judge the actual effect of thyroid. The effect of thyroid after the level of adrenaline has normalized is to increase the depth of relaxation."

matty

What brand of NDT are you using if you don’t mind me asking? I’m having similar issues with Cytomel.

And a question about dosing schedule... You don’t supplement in the morning? Just afternoon and evening, with largest dose in evening? Curious how you came to that schedule.

OP
D

Doc Sandoz

What brand of NDT are you using if you don’t mind me asking? I’m having similar issues with Cytomel.

And a question about dosing schedule... You don’t supplement in the morning? Just afternoon and evening, with largest dose in evening? Curious how you came to that schedule.
Grass fed bovine NDT from New Zealand from Life Giving Store. Higher dose at night because it needs to last through until morning.

When I had the inspiration to try NDT rather than the tablets, I wasn't sure I wouldn't get the same reaction so I decided to take it in the evening when I could counteract the negative effects with a few glasses wine, my evening custom anyway. It did have a stimulating effect, but with the wine, these turned out to be rather mild and pleasant, and I noticed I slept much deeper than in a long time. Now I am gradually increasing the dose, per Broda Barnes, and experimenting with two smaller 5mg doses in the daytime - morning and afternoon - and the larger dose maybe 10 mg around ten o'clock at night.

Are you using the synthetic thyroid in a solution or in tablets? Are you applying it topically or orally? I suspect you may be having a reaction to other ingredients.
I was using tablets, shavings taken orally. It may well have been a reaction to the other ingredients, whatever they may be. I have never done well with synthetic supplements of any sort.
"During the first week or two of supplementing thyroid, there is usually an intensification of the effect of adrenaline. It's necessary to watch a variety of signs, especially the temperature of hands and feet and the amount of water evaporated, to judge the actual effect of thyroid. The effect of thyroid after the level of adrenaline has normalized is to increase the depth of relaxation."
Yes, this is what I thought was happening, but the symptoms never seemed to lessen. I theorize that the salt form of triiodothyronine is faster acting and so more intense, maybe more likely to stimulate adrenaline.

sweetpeat

I theorize that the salt form of triiodothyronine is faster acting and so more intense, maybe more likely to stimulate adrenaline.
The t3 and t4 in NDT are bound to carrier proteins which are released as the NDT passes through your digestive system. So NDT ends up being similar to a time-released version of thyroid.
Synthetic t3 and t4 are not bound and so the effects are felt more quickly. Taking them with food can slow the process but they still may be too stimulating for some people such as yourself.

OP
D

Doc Sandoz

The t3 and t4 in NDT are bound to carrier proteins which are released as the NDT passes through your digestive system. So NDT ends up being similar to a time-released version of thyroid.
Synthetic t3 and t4 are not bound and so the effects are felt more quickly. Taking them with food can slow the process but they still may be too stimulating for some people such as yourself.
Makes absolute sense. Similar to the difference between chewing coca leaves in their natural state with a bit of lime or snorting the hydrochloride salt of the purified drug. The former gives you a gentle long-acting stimulating effect, the other a massive rush that lasts about 20 minutes, then you crave more.

matty

Grass fed bovine NDT from New Zealand from Life Giving Store. Higher dose at night because it needs to last through until morning.

When I had the inspiration to try NDT rather than the tablets, I wasn't sure I wouldn't get the same reaction so I decided to take it in the evening when I could counteract the negative effects with a few glasses wine, my evening custom anyway. It did have a stimulating effect, but with the wine, these turned out to be rather mild and pleasant, and I noticed I slept much deeper than in a long time. Now I am gradually increasing the dose, per Broda Barnes, and experimenting with two smaller 5mg doses in the daytime - morning and afternoon - and the larger dose maybe 10 mg around ten o'clock at night.
Thanks, makes sense.

I have that same NDT from Life Giving Store but haven’t tried it yet. For some reason I keep trying to make the Cytomel work. I wonder if a combination of the two would work the best.

OP
D

Doc Sandoz

Thanks, makes sense.

I have that same NDT from Life Giving Store but haven’t tried it yet. For some reason I keep trying to make the Cytomel work. I wonder if a combination of the two would work the best.
Why not just try the NDT by itself to start?

mgrabs

Where did you find that from?

I always recommend Cynoplus and Cynomel. They are easier to control and dose and work extremely well. I have tried NDT many times. It can be okay but very difficult to get on a standardized dose and adjust.

I think people who have difficulty with thyroid 1) have low cholesterol and should take pregnenolone, or 2) increase too fast.

mgrabs

I always recommend Cynoplus and Cynomel. They are easier to control and dose and work extremely well. I have tried NDT many times. It can be okay but very difficult to get on a standardized dose and adjust.

I think people who have difficulty with thyroid 1) have low cholesterol and should take pregnenolone, or 2) increase too fast.
Whats the best starting dose and for how long to adjust?

peter88

take 3 - 4 months to get up to temps and heart rate. Start with 1/4 after breakfast, in a few weeks add 1/4 after dinner, etc.
What would be the cause of temps not rising? 1+ tabs of thyroid isn’t raising my temps. Tried Cynoplus, tyromix, ndt, etc.

What would be the cause of temps not rising? 1+ tabs of thyroid isn’t raising my temps. Tried Cynoplus, tyromix, ndt, etc.
Low cholesterol sometimes. And some people need only T3 as the T4 just jams up the works. See Wilson protocols.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals