T3 Cynomel Is Making Me Really Tired

jaywills

Thank you VoS for your input once again, your a life saver on this forum. I am not disagreeing with you here, but just want to open up the discussion. I understood peats stance as fat loss as:

Ray Peat wrote:
“When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories.”

Peat therefore advocates a notion of restriction, and clearly states calories do matter?

jaywills

Not that i am taking one sentenced for Dr peats whole stance on fat loss, but nowhere does he mention sucrose? Also doesnt sucrose create additional nutritonal requirements?

jaywills said:
Thank you VoS for your input once again, your a life saver on this forum. I am not disagreeing with you here, but just want to open up the discussion. I understood peats stance as fat loss as:

Ray Peat wrote:
“When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories.”

Peat therefore advocates a notion of restriction, and clearly states calories do matter?

I think for Peat, it is restriction of calories from PUFAs that matters most for weight loss. He has said, for example, that while he advocates a gallon of milk a day, that does not mean a gallon of whole milk, which can contain quite a bit of PUFAs. Similarly, for meat, he suggests lean cuts of high cartilage beef over fatty beef, again, to limit PUFAs (and tryptophan).

But the whole notion of "excess calories" must be taken in the context of optimal health. True, when you are in optimal health, by definition, you don't need excess calories. However, the reverse is also true: when you are not in optimal health, by definition, you must be:
1) not eating enough calories from milk proteins, sugar/fructose and saturated fats, and/or
2) eating an excess of calories from PUFAs, tryptophan, starches, allergens and other causes of endotoxemia.

jaywills said:
...nowhere does he mention sucrose?
A search on toxinless.com for 'sucrose' in Peat's body of work seems to show some results, but this one (italics added by me) may be reassuring?
Ray Peat said:
The thermogenic substances--dietary protein, sodium, sucrose, thyroid and progesterone--are antiinflammatory for many reasons, but very likely the increased temperature itself is important.

A poor reaction to stress, with increased cortisol, can raise the body temperature by accelerating the breakdown and resynthesis of proteins, but adaptive resistance to stress increases the temperature by increasing the consumption of oxygen and fuel. In the presence of increased cortisol, abdominal fat increases, along with circulating fatty acids and calcium, as mitochondrial respiration is suppressed.

Ganne

I just started using t3 and after the 1st dose I was seriously anxious and depressed. I have Hashimoto’s disease and have tried everything to get it inder control. Has anyone had a similar reaction to t3?

Luckytype

I just started using t3 and after the 1st dose I was seriously anxious and depressed. I have Hashimoto’s disease and have tried everything to get it inder control. Has anyone had a similar reaction to t3?

Can you describe the anxiety and depression?

And can you give the thread an idea of how you eat in a day with a caloric number?

Ganne

Eggs, milk and coffee for breakfast
Cottage cheese and fruit for lunch
Meat rice and veg for dinner

Anxiety is not so much physical as mental. Bp and heart rate are normal or a bit elevated, temps around 97.2. The depression is a feeeling of doom and fear.
Have had Hashimoto’s for 15 years without much change, anxiety, depression, hair loss, dry skin, joint pain, sleep ok until 4:00am and then umable to go back to sleep, fatigue and loss of interest in life. The list goes on. I have tried vegan, raw, Paleo, low fat, high fat, etc. Low carb definitely makes it worse but no diet seems to have a huge impact
Have heard that t3 alone may help lower antibodies and help with pain, depression and anxiety.

Luckytype

So you have to remember T3 is a throttle. Too little fuel while pressing throttle or too much throttle at once can create a stress reaction itself.

So a couple things, temps are low, so consider a bit more food and really small doses of t3 using the temp as your guide and doing the same dose(s) for at minimum a couple weeks to let everything come back online.

The impending doom could be estrogen related if your body cant clear it(sluggish) or could be the epinephrine response if youre not eating enough around your time of food.

If youre going to continue with T3, I would do something like adding a juice 30min before or honey, something like 8oz juice or 2 tbsp honey. Then dose 30 min later(smallish) then see where your temp is 30min after. Your hands should feel warmer quickly if all is in place.

Temps can take quite a while to improve. Just remember some people(i think im one) do better dosing the way the body does: small amounts throughout the day. Obviously this is a partial convenience issue as well

Ganne

I have a friemd who is taking 1/4 of a 5 mcg tablet twice a day. Amd she is getting results, that is no neg symptoms. Would you suggest I start that low and is twice a day enough?
Any suggestions on diet? I was vegan for several years and have put om a few lbs of body fat eating eggs amd milk. I don’t mimd the fat gain as I just want to feel better and repair my metabolism. I do stay away from gluten as Hashimoto’s seems to be tied to gluten intolerance.

Fexxx

Any Updates here?
I love my T3. Makes me warm and chilled but also lazy and weak...