Critique My Diet

jzeno

Critique my diet.

Spreadsheet for protein, calcium, and calories: Protein, Calcium, and Calories (Public)

Rough outline:

Breakfast
Sourdough slice x2
Coconut oil
Milk 2 quarts
Eggs x2
OJ cup or two
Coffee cup or two

Supplements
Niacin 1.5g per meal
Vitamin K 5mg per meal
Vitamin D3 20k
Vitamin E occasionally

Lunch
Sourdough slice x2
Coconut oil
Milk 2 quarts
Liver

Dinner
Sourdough slice x2
Coconut oil
Gelatin cup or two

Everything after that is just extra. Then I can just add stuff and maybe skip something.

Anything I could add? Or suggestions from your diet? Meals, foods etc.

Thanks in advance.

opson123

Impressive, you can drink 2-3 quarts of liquid at one meal? I get full and bloated from 1 cup.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Impressive, you can drink 2-3 quarts of liquid at one meal? I get full and bloated from 1 cup.
The amount fluctuates but I can put away a lot of OJ--I don't keep track of OJ because I just drink until I don't want anymore and I just don't have the patience to track the exact amount because I just fill up a big cup and drink it until I'm content. I figure I'm getting a lot of my carbs through OJ, but it doesn't seem to bother me much at all. Besides the fact that if I don't get quick carbs regularly I might notice if I just have protein in a meal and my insulin seems to re-act. I'm new to insulin and I always thought it was the other way around (sugar negatively impacts insulin to drop, the infamous "blood-sugar crash" after heavy carbs), but Peat has mentioned that it isn't always the case and sugar can actually control spikes in insulin--which I find bizarre, but his work on PUFAs and metabolism have helped me a great amount so I trust him enough to freely chug OJ for the time being. I've been only getting positive results, such as my limbs and appendages (finger and toes) are no longer cold any more. And that is the number one reason I started messing around with Peat's stuff: because I was freezing cold this winter and I had had enough of it and decided to do something serious. And voila!

The milk--I tend to drink about a quart per day--2 cups in the morning and 2 cups later on. At first I could handle 2 quarts but eventually I think I got my milk fill and it became harder to drink the same amount. I just didn't want that much milk, but still wanted some. And it didn't have to do with liquid in general because even though milk wasn't appetizing, I could still enjoy some OJ.

For coffee, I drink about 2-3 cups of cold brew per day. I don't drink it religiously, so if I remember and made some I'll drink it and make an effort to prepare some. If I forget, I just make it for the next day.

opson123

I was wondering how on earth can anyone drink 2 quarts of milk at a meal on top of oj and coffee, but it was just a typo and you meant 2 cups of milk. Thank god. :D

I really like sweet oj too, but sadly it hates me.

olive

Because you asked for a critique

Excessive dosages of vitamins
High Omega-6 in egg yolks
High typtophan in egg whites
Dairy contains IGF-1 and b-casomorphin
Gelatin is an unbalanced amino acid source, only really worth using alongside muscle meats to balance amino acid profile of meal
Gelatin can cause endotoxin issues
Gelatin may be contaminated with glysophate
Lack of leaves (hence the vit k supplementation I suppose)
Lack of whole fruits/spices/herbs/chocolate/shellfish/kelp/variety in general

Put your diet into chronometer and check for deficiencies.
Your current diet is likely deficient in magnesium and potassium from the top of my head.

aquaman

Critique my diet.

Spreadsheet for protein, calcium, and calories: Protein, Calcium, and Calories (Public)

Rough outline:

Breakfast
Sourdough slice x2
Coconut oil
Milk 2 quarts
Eggs x2
OJ cup or two
Coffee cup or two

Supplements
Niacin 1.5g per meal
Vitamin K 5mg per meal
Vitamin D3 20k
Vitamin E occasionally

Lunch
Sourdough slice x2
Coconut oil
Milk 2 quarts
Liver

Dinner
Sourdough slice x2
Coconut oil
Gelatin cup or two

Everything after that is just extra. Then I can just add stuff and maybe skip something.

Anything I could add? Or suggestions from your diet? Meals, foods etc.

Thanks in advance.

Any reason why you would eat such a restricted diet?

It’s basically bread and milk with a few extra things like eggs and gelatin

What foods do you most like to eat?

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Lack of leaves (hence the vit k supplementation I suppose)
Lack of whole fruits/spices/herbs/chocolate/shellfish/kelp/variety in general

Put your diet into chronometer and check for deficiencies.
Your current diet is likely deficient in magnesium and potassium from the top of my head.

Yes, once I figure out a good recipe for 'well-cooked greens' I plan on incorporating that. That will help in hitting Magnesium and Manganese as well.

I'm allergic to some shellfish. I can't eat canned clams or shrimp of any kind. Difficult, since they are good to eat. I will try to add in some of the other things you mentioned over time.

Cronometer stats:

Page 1
Low PUFA Diet Example (January 1 2019).PNG

Page 2
Low PUFA Diet Example (January 1 2019) (2).PNG

Page 3
Low PUFA Diet Example (January 1 2019) (3).PNG

Manganese and Magnesium are low. Potassium is good. Thank you for the suggestion, though. I hadn't used Cronometer before.

Looks good to me. But of course, over time it will become more diverse. I'm simply trying to set a solid foundation to build off of.

Thank you for the input everyone.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Any reason why you would eat such a restricted diet?

It’s basically bread and milk with a few extra things like eggs and gelatin

I'm just trying to start with a foundation. It will hopefully become more diverse over time.

aquaman

I'm just trying to start with a foundation. It will hopefully become more diverse over time.

Do you know you digest milk well?

I find milk (and other liquids like OJ) makes me fat, and bad digestion, and cold. Not sure why, could be due to insulin.

Your plan only has eggs and bread (and a small amount of liver) as solid food. This sounds horrible!

Ray has a quote on one interview about eating the most delicious foods that you enjoy.

What about tropical fruit, collagen-rich beef stews, white fish (halibut is best IMO), mussels, oysters, etc??

If you enjoy those, I suggest to eat them.

Restricting like this will most likely lead to non-compliance and a bad mood.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals