Coronometer can be completely wrong

Jack Earth

Ive seen lots of people suggest using cronometer on here.. but I ate a full can of smoked oysters and it showed my zinc intake as 0
Any alternatives that are better?

Seven

Ive seen lots of people suggest using cronometer on here.. but I ate a full can of smoked oysters and it showed my zinc intake as 0

You may have eaten them too quickly without chewing adequately. (joking, of course).

I just checked how much zinc is in one 8-oz can of oysters and cronometer showed 189.77 mg.

OP
J

Jack Earth

You may have eaten them too quickly without chewing adequately. (joking, of course).

I just checked how much zinc is in one 8-oz can of oysters and cronometer showed 189.77 mg.
I guess you have to do generic results because brand specific showed 0.

Dr. B

theyre off on many things, i cant remember what else but i think their numbers for folate and some b vitamins are off, depending on food.
I dont think they had the right numbers for milk, nor orange juice nor coconut water. coconut water is like 1.7mg manganese per 16oz or something and cronometer doesnt show it.
it seems to be based on a search engine of some kind which maybe like google searches the food product to search nutrition stats. the method they use, doesn't take into account images. the manganese and other vitamin content of milk, coconut water etc is listed on the nutrition labels for products which are images. cronometer i think only detects things that are in writing. so if theres a website which in writing, mentions milk contains 20mcg folate per cup or whatever itll pick it up, but if its an image it wont

dukesbobby777

If it’s showing the zinc level at zero it means it hasn’t been tested. Therefore the only value they can put into that box is zero. You’ll find that often on cronometer with particular things that haven’t been tested.

You might find that there are other brands of oysters on there that do show the zinc value.

Dr. B

If it’s showing the zinc level at zero it means it hasn’t been tested. Therefore the only value they can put into that box is zero. You’ll find that often on cronometer with particular things that haven’t been tested.

You might find that there are other brands of oysters on there that do show the zinc value.
are you able to find Hans diet thread? i think he posted cronometer stats on it, i think the b12 stats on liver or milk were totally off. any ideas what the thread title would be?

CLASH

If you use brand options, like Oreos cookies, crown prince oysters, or Danone yogurt, it only shows what’s listed on the label. If you use a generic option it shows what’s in the food databases, which is usually most of the nutrients.

dukesbobby777

are you able to find Hans diet thread? i think he posted cronometer stats on it, i think the b12 stats on liver or milk were totally off. any ideas what the thread title would be?

No idea, but on my cronometer the B12 values for milk and liver show fairly high(ish) values, as I would expect from animal products. Whether those values are truly correct it’s hard for anyone to say for sure. I’m not totally certain how these companies test for the vitamins/minerals/macronutrients, or how accurate they are.

Seven

If you use brand options, like Oreos cookies, crown prince oysters, or Danone yogurt, it only shows what’s listed on the label. If you use a generic option it shows what’s in the food databases, which is usually most of the nutrients.

Good to know. The database/app owner should let people know about this "feature" to prevent misunderstandings due to incomplete data on file.

OP
J

Jack Earth

Yup you're right I can find values for generic

OP
J

Jack Earth

Good to know. The database/app owner should let people know about this "feature" to prevent misunderstandings due to incomplete data on file.
It can completely throw things off pretty big glitch

retroactive

I've noticed it being shady as well. For certain goat milks it lists barely any vitamins at all

Dr. B

It can completely throw things off pretty big glitch

ive used this website for nutrients before Office of Dietary Supplements - Zinc
but you have to search by nutrient, which then shows which foods contain it.
it gives you some ideas of some high nutrient foods... they have an article for nearly everything, besides nutrients which arent established as essential like vanadium or strontium...
certain nutrients arent up to date, like the manganese article doesnt mention coconut water or pineapple which are some of the highest sources
it has articles for choline, all the fat solubles
going through it you see milk, OJ, liver, coconut water, provide basically all the essential nutrients

milkboi

You've got to choose the food item that has the most nutrition data. Sure, there are items which basically only display the macros it contains and there are a good amount of ones with data of multiple dozen nutrients. And besides that, I don't think anyone expects Chronometer to give 100% reliable results, it's just gives you a ballpark number of your nutritional intake

I've noticed it being shady as well. For certain goat milks it lists barely any vitamins at all
I just checked and the listing for "milk' goat"is not exactly what i would call "barely any vitamins at all"as has already been pointed out, you need to choose the generic listings for food groups, not brand names

For example:generic listing of goats milk lists Vitamin A content plus all subgroups of Vitamin A, as well as B, D, E, and K

Generic listing for "pineapple slice raw"shows 1mg manganese for 2 slices

Nothing up with Cronometer from what i can see. Just need to remember to pick generic listings. That is a bit annoying though when the calories slightly differ depending on what brand you choose. Oh well

Dr. B

I just checked and the listing for "milk' goat"is not exactly what i would call "barely any vitamins at all"as has already been pointed out, you need to choose the generic listings for food groups, not brand names

For example:generic listing of goats milk lists Vitamin A content plus all subgroups of Vitamin A, as well as B, D, E, and K

Generic listing for "pineapple slice raw"shows 1mg manganese for 2 slices

Nothing up with Cronometer from what i can see. Just need to remember to pick generic listings. That is a bit annoying though when the calories slightly differ depending on what brand you choose. Oh well
can you post cows milk and beef liver statistics? from cronometer? i lost my login info, so cant do it yet

can you post cows milk and beef liver statistics? from cronometer? i lost my login info, so cant do it yet
I dunno how to do that. There's no option to share the data via the app as far as i can see, and the only way i could do it is send multiple screen caps, which by the time i had done them and posted them, you probably would've found your login details...

Dr. B

I dunno how to do that. There's no option to share the data via the app as far as i can see, and the only way i could do it is send multiple screen caps, which by the time i had done them and posted them, you probably would've found your login details...
im not sure
could you post the b12 and other b vitamin contents from beef liver, milk...

I'm not listing ALL the B Vitamins. That is like 10 different statistics lol

B12 for 1 cup of beef liver(140g) generic listing shows 98.8μg

B12 for whole cows milk 1 cup(244g) is 1.1μg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210820-171716.jpg
    Screenshot_20210820-171716.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210820-171647.jpg
    Screenshot_20210820-171647.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 8
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals