Overview Of My Diet (Cronometer Results With Pics). Any Feedback Would Be Great!

YourUniverse

I want to echo OceanSpray's sentiment. Cronometer is a useful tool but does not paint the full picture.

It doesnt even report the full picture for the foods youre looking at. For example, milk, even non-fat, contains a significant amount of vitamin K. It even has vitamin C. This data will not show up on cronometer, and will leave you looking for more foods that you dont need.

Multiple Vitamin K Forms Exist in Dairy Foods
".. total vitamin K contents of full-fat milk (4% fat), 2%-fat milk, 1%-fat milk, and nonfat milk were 38.1 ± 8.6, 19.4 ± 7.7, 12.9 ± 2.0, and 7.7 ± 2.9 µg/100 g, respectively."

The vitamin C content of cow's milk
[vitamin C content of milk ~5mg/250ml]

Office of Dietary Supplements - Iodine
[iodine content of milk ~56mcg/250ml]

Food Data Chart - Biotin
[biotin content of milk ~5mcg/250ml]

There are so many interactions to take note of, too. For example, thyroid prevents magnesium loss, so getting high thyroid becomes more important than getting lots of magnesium. Vitamins C and E spare/recycle one another, and onwards and upwards.

Even hard data gets hard to sift through because of different unreported food chemicals and their overall effects, like milk having a net anti-serotonin effect despite having a positive fernstrom (serotonin-promoting) ratio.

Anyway, this reads like a milk ad - its not. This was supposed to illustrate why general guidelines are really good. Ray has said he recommends orange juice and milk because they are available and have "hundreds" of anti-stress effects. Beating stress is the basis of Ray's work.

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

I've read some of his stuff, but it isn't black and white and doesn't perfectly apply to everyone.

I've followed Peat/protocol pretty decently for a beginner but still have had anxiety, indigestion, GERD-like symptoms, fatigue/adrenal issues likely, palpitations, chest zaps, belching and other issues even with more salt and going more saturated fat/less PUFA/better vitamin and mineral understanding and etc.

Some things even contradict Peat ideology at times.

Haven't tried thyroid but that is a bigger undertaking.
Well, what you come to realize when you really REALLY study and practice his methods is that Dr Peat is always right. Even with iodine.... he is right. Have you experimented with all of his suggestions ? No. and he does not have an " idealolgy "- . The best of the best are on here, so listen to them. Yes, Orange juice and milk for starters are going to help you and YES you are restricting your calories. Read every ONE of Dr Peats articles that pertain to your situation. Come to this forum with your labs , urine and blood and we can tell you even more. What is your pulse? body temp? I mean, you cant just flash your Cronometer and think that you are going to get real help. Have you been tested for Lyme? no. Do you have parasites? Have you had any colon cleansing ? Are you on meds?