Newbie And My Story. Need Advice

JenniferBT

Hi everyone. Im here to learn more about my health issues and maybe get some advice.
Let me start with Im a 38 year old female 5'8 and 180 lbs (lost 70lbs in last year). I have Hashimotos (hypothyroid), Celiac and have been bipolar since 14. Ive gotten very little help from my endo or pcp with my issues. Almost everything I have learned has been on my own.
Ive come along ways in the last 2 or 3 years. Im taking 75mg of T3, 3.5 mcg of LDN, 2 blood pressure medicines and a sleeping med as well as a few supplements like Magnesium Malate and Vit D. The LDN and my diet have allowed me to stop taking all my bipolar meds and anti-depressants. No issues with Bipolar any longer.
Im also on the AIP (Autoimmune Protocol diet) which is a super strict paleo and has allowed me to lose all of my inflammation and I feel loads better.
Even with my thyroid meds perfect (high end of T3 range, and Tsh completely supressed) I still dont feel as well as I feel like I should. I have 0 motivation and Im still tired as hell and have 0 libido. Does anyone have any suggestions on what my next step should be? What else do I need to imcorporate into my diet or what supplements. I cannot tolerate T4 at all just an fyi.
Thanks for any help and I look forward to spending alot of times reading the files.

Mito

How much polyunsaturated fat is in your diet? Do you get Vitamin E in your diet or supplements?

OP
J

JenniferBT

I eat leafy greens at every meal and fish several times a week so I assume Im getting enough polyunsaturated fats. I do not use any Vit E. Ill research that some. Thanks

Mito

I eat leafy greens at every meal and fish several times a week so I assume Im getting enough polyunsaturated fats. I do not use any Vit E. Ill research that some. Thanks
Ray Peat recommends keeping polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) to a minimum in your diet, less than 4-5 grams per day is ideal. You might be interested in this youtube video by Chis Masterjohn. Toward the end of the video he talks about Hashimoto's and how thyroid diseases in particular involve increased lipid peroxidation. Lipid peroxidation happens only to polyunsaturated fats. The process of lipid peroxidation creates many byproducts that damage cells and tissues which can lead to inflammation and an immune response. Once lipid peroxidation starts it keeps going in a vicious cycle but Vitamin E can interrupt the cycle. Vitamin E doesn't prevent lipid peroxidation but it can stop the cycle so there is less damage.

artlange

I suggest you listen to Ray directly. Perhaps the KMUD interviews are a good starting point. Ray has said many times that Poly Unsaturated fats (PUFA) which are omega-6 fats (from nuts and grains) and omega-3 fats (from fish) are to be seriously avoided. Instead eat 1TBS coconut oil. The PUFA destroy thyroid function in many different ways, and may be partly contributing to your thyroid issues. Ray also has articles at raypeat.com which provides the science papers for why he says what he says.

I stopped Omega-6 and -3 and added coconut oil and the skin on my face started getting smooth. (75 yo male)