Copper Restores Damaged Cytochrome C Oxidase Activity

johnwester130

I'm worried about a wrinkle developing, and think it could be copper deficiency

Can I take Zinc and copper at the same time ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm worried about a wrinkle developing, and think it could be copper deficiency

Can I take Zinc and copper at the same time ?

You can, but it has to be in a certain ratio, which escapes me right now. Instead of supplements, you can eat oysters. They are one of the best sources of zinc and they have copper too.

Spokey

Haidut, do you think there's any validity to making distinctions between copper(i) & copper(ii) in terms of bio-avalability and toxicity etc?

I've come across someone selling essentially copper(i) nicotinate, making the claim that copper(ii) compounds can't get into cells, but often copper(ii) is what are in supplements.
If this is true then presumably copper compounds found in shrimp, liver, oysters, goats milk (possibly chocolate) would be of the copper(i) type. I'm curious if anyone knows whether these valency differences are really expressed in animal copper vs plant like the man claims.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, do you think there's any validity to making distinctions between copper(i) & copper(ii) in terms of bio-avalability and toxicity etc?

I've come across someone selling essentially copper(i) nicotinate, making the claim that copper(ii) compounds can't get into cells, but often copper(ii) is what are in supplements.
If this is true then presumably copper compounds found in shrimp, liver, oysters, goats milk (possibly chocolate) would be of the copper(i) type. I'm curious if anyone knows whether these valency differences are really expressed in animal copper vs plant like the man claims.

I think all copper gets absorbed and delivered into the cell. Similar for the infamous chromium(III) and chromium(VI) from the movie Erin Brokovich. The company PG&E claimed for years that chromium (VI) was safe because it cannot absorb. We all know how that ended.
That being said, certain copper salts do absorb better and inside the cell. The best one is copper from food, but if you have to supplement the second best is copper succinate. Peat wrote about succinic acid being really good at getting metals inside the cell and mentioned copper succinate as being one of the few forms of copper he would consider supplementing with if he had to take supplements.

Seeweed65

Is that company mitosynergy by any chance?
I think what they are saying it that by being copper (I) is that it still has an electron to donate and most supplements are copper (II) so is already oxidised and has only 27 electrons, no more to donate for the likes of ATP!

It that 1 electron really that important?

Spokey

. Similar for the infamous chromium(III) and chromium(VI) from the movie Erin Brokovich.
Thanks Haidut, the comparison with Chromium is a thought provoking one.

It that 1 electron really that important?
That was the claim. For it to be true the same would have to apply to copper from food (animal products), but I wasn't able to determine that hence my question.

japanesedude

I have Now foods liquid Chlorophyll.
but I am concerned about the estrogenic effect from copper.
Is it a good idea to balance with zinc picolinate(50mg)

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (5 mL)
Servings Per Container: About 95
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 15
Total Carbohydrate 4 g 1%*
Copper (from Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin) 4 mg 200%
Sodium (from Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin) 5 mg <1%
Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin (Chlorophyll) 100 mg †
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.

The_xXx

Supplement Facts

Calories 15

Supplement Facts

Calories 15
why chopper should be estrogenic it increased detox pathway and thyroid so decrease in estrogens

Copper in beef liver isn't the best source for optimal absorption, because it has also iron and zinc which will compete with copper and also decrease the bio availability. But it's the best food to manage the balancing of those 3 minerals zinc copper and iron.

I noticed that good dark chocolate is best source to get high copper levels . Higher than it's possible with beef liver . I experienced very high metabolism and higher aggressiveness I think it's due the abnormal levels of cAMP. But you need to eat a lot of quality dark chocolate, that it accumulates in liver , for e. G. 50 Gramms Daily. The only bad thing about it that almost every dark chocolate is naturally high in cadmium.

Waynish

Most of you seem to be doing this for white hair... Why not try topically? I'm pretty sure Peat mentioned topical use before.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Dave Clark

Anyone try the Mitosynergy? A lot of good testimonials on its effectiveness. Apparently it is the copper (1) form. Charles Barker who is the owner of the company says that copper should be taken away from zinc supplements, maybe a few hours apart, so they do not compete with each other at the time of ingestion. He claims that copper salts, etc. are copper (2) forms and do more harm than good. Check out his webinars, or his website for more info. I think it just validates, if nothing else, that copper from foods is our best bet.

ddjd

Anyone try the Mitosynergy? A lot of good testimonials on its effectiveness. Apparently it is the copper (1) form. Charles Barker who is the owner of the company says that copper should be taken away from zinc supplements, maybe a few hours apart, so they do not compete with each other at the time of ingestion. He claims that copper salts, etc. are copper (2) forms and do more harm than good. Check out his webinars, or his website for more info. I think it just validates, if nothing else, that copper from foods is our best bet.

yes i bought the mitolipo copper, it is good, definitely works, but is pricey. when i was taking solgar blue chelated copper i would get nose bleeds, headaches, high cortisol, so i think there is something in this copper 1 v 2 theory. you should join the fb group "bioavailable copper" to find out more

Yggr

What are people’s thoughts on copper bracelets and transdermal copper absorption from that?

ddjd

Did you try mitosynergy Dave?

They have this study on their Facebook page claiming it backs up why copper 2 from supplements is so toxic and can cause Alzheimer's etc

Copper-2 Ingestion, Plus Increased Meat Eating Leading to Increased Copper Absorption, Are Major Factors Behind the Current Epidemic of Alzheimer's... - PubMed - NCBI

Capt Nirvana

I used to take Liquid Chlorophyll which is a Sodium Copper Complex. What I experienced was:

- Much less gas passing through.
- Occasionally I felt much warmer, especially after food.
- Hair on lower leg and armpits became much much darker. Darker than they have ever been(so now I need to shave them even more...)
- I am transgender so I have a little facial hair that I am currently in the process of removing and a lot of my facial hairs started becoming much darker after supplementation, which actually makes it much easier to kill them off.

In regards to hair color the interesting thing is that a lot of the colored hair were bottom up, ie. the lower they were the darker they were(ie. facial hair nearer neck was darker than those closer to my eyes.

A friend of mine experimented with it as well and he experimented a considerable reduction in swelling. For example his ring on his ring finger became loose on his finger, at least until he went to some ceremony/banquet and overate of what was most likely PUFA rich food.

So far I would say my experience from it has been mostly positive.
Chlorophyll doesn't exist in a liquid state. "Liquid chlorophyll" is the supplement industry's synthetic version of crab blood or lobster blood (containing cuproglobin, or hemocyanin). Sodium is the primary reason animals are flexible and plants are not, and a primary reason metal parts are so extremely rare in animals.

ddjd

mitosynergy copper is expensive but it does work. only bioavailable copper supplement out there

Dave Clark

Did you try mitosynergy Dave?

They have this study on their Facebook page claiming it backs up why copper 2 from supplements is so toxic and can cause Alzheimer's etc

Copper-2 Ingestion, Plus Increased Meat Eating Leading to Increased Copper Absorption, Are Major Factors Behind the Current Epidemic of Alzheimer's... - PubMed - NCBI
I must of missed this to reply. Yes I tried it for sometime, then quit due to pricing, and the fact that I didn't notice much improvement, however, I probably should have given it more time. I contacted Mitosynergy to see if they could help me with a custom order, they didn't return my e-mails or phone call, so that sewed it up for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals