Continuous weight gain

iLoveSugar

I'm continuing to gain weight rapidly. In spite of these bad arrhythmias I was getting around the clock, I decided to cut out all caffeine and nicotine (Zyn). It definitely has calmed down the non stop arrhythmias. Breathing still sucks, but that's one major problem that is being helped.

I already had rapid weight gain over the past 5 years, but I'm now at an all time high. I was 200 on the dot on New Years Even, and only 9 days later, I'm at 208. My stomach is far and large the biggest thing noticed. I have to figure this out.

I'll admit that it's winter, cold and rainy, so I barely leave my house. Activity surely could be an issue, but damn, rapid weight gain this fast? I'm around 2200 calories a day. I posted my logs today just to show.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110_001140.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_001140.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 41
OP
I

iLoveSugar

It was doing it for me as well, so I just reuploaded. Seems to be working now.

Truth

It was doing it for me as well, so I just reuploaded. Seems to be working now.
This could be a good part of retaining a higher degree of water due to various factors, including the fact that you have stopped certain things such as nicotine and/or caffeine, you have potentially not gained 8 pounds of fat in the last 9 days.

Your diet could be even better, I suggest you eat more meat and/or well-cooked fish,

That if you have access to decent fruit such as sweet, soft, ripe bananas, you experiment

And that you experiment with good honey

OP
I

iLoveSugar

This could be a good part of retaining a higher degree of water due to various factors, including the fact that you have stopped certain things such as nicotine and/or caffeine, you have potentially not gained 8 pounds of fat in the last 9 days.

Your diet could be even better, I suggest you eat more meat and/or well-cooked fish,

That if you have access to decent fruit such as sweet, soft, ripe bananas, you experiment

And that you experiment with good honey
I do eat fish once or twice a week. Just yesterday I had a few clusters of crab along with some scallop.

Truth

I do eat fish once or twice a week. Just yesterday I had a few clusters of crab along with some scallop.
You could potentially benefit by eating much more than that, do you feel positive effects when you eat it?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

You could potentially benefit by eating much more than that, do you feel positive effects when you eat it?
In the summer time, absolutely. It just doesn't hit the same in the winter.

Truth

How is your light exposure? Have you tried turning on the ceiling light during the evening when it's dark until 11pm/midnight, and turning on the ceiling light during the day if it's bright enough relative to the amount of daylight entering your room?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

How is your light exposure? Have you tried turning on the ceiling light during the evening when it's dark until 11pm/midnight, and turning on the ceiling light during the day if it's bright enough relative to the amount of daylight entering your room?
Definitely keep it well lit. I'm not a fan of darkness.

mostlylurking

Thyroid hormones usually take a dive in the winter, then the thyroid function will improve again in the summer. So hypothyroidism could be an issue for you during the winter months.

I'm continuing to gain weight rapidly. In spite of these bad arrhythmias I was getting around the clock, I decided to cut out all caffeine and nicotine (Zyn). It definitely has calmed down the non stop arrhythmias. Breathing still sucks, but that's one major problem that is being helped.

I already had rapid weight gain over the past 5 years, but I'm now at an all time high. I was 200 on the dot on New Years Even, and only 9 days later, I'm at 208. My stomach is far and large the biggest thing noticed. I have to figure this out.

I'll admit that it's winter, cold and rainy, so I barely leave my house. Activity surely could be an issue, but damn, rapid weight gain this fast? I'm around 2200 calories a day. I posted my logs today just to show.
“Unintended weight gain and feeling swollen] That sounds like standard hypothyroid symptoms, the body simply adjusts to holding more water, while losing sodium quickly. An increased intake of calcium is the single most important nutritional thing for losing weight. Low fat milk and cheese should be the main foods; a carrot salad helps to reduce stress hormones. Temperature and heart rate are useful indicators for judging the amount of a thyroid supplement to use.” -Ray Peat e-mail exchange

freyasam

Same things happening to me, and it started last June though. Plenty of low-fat milk, cheese, thyroid, fruit and the weight gain does not stop.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals