Coffee Gives Instant Diarrhea

Astolfo

I don't have clue why it gives me watery stools. It causes a lot of problems especially at mornings when I wake up or when I get stressed. I have constipation too, So it seems like coffee causes water to be pumped in my intestines. I don't know why and I wonder.

Inaut

sounds like it's stimulating your gallbladder too much... Are you having it on an empty stomach? With milk or sugar?

How's your liver health amigo?

OP
A

Astolfo

Are you having it on an empty stomach? With milk or sugar?

Maybe half full. I try to avoid drinking coffee on an empty stomach.

With sugar. Approx 23 grams of refined sugar.

How's your liver health amigo?

How can I check my liver health? I'm taking 2 mg of cyproheptadine chronically. Maybe it's harsh on my liver?

yerrag

Wonder if the acidity of coffee is not being sufficiently neutralized by bicarbonate secreted at the early stage of the small intestines. Acidity in the gut causes diarrhea.

The anti- opioid effects from caffeoyl quinide come to mind. Opioids tend to cause constipation.

noodle

I have the exact opposite. I have diarrhea which suddently gets to almost constipation type after drinking coffee. But then it goes back to bad.

But yeah in your case its probably bile induced.

Now you just need to find out if its actual too much bile (which can be bound with either natural things (pectin, fiber) or medication like cholestyramine) or some other reason for your body to exspell more amounts of bile.

Most people probably see this as normal. As lots of people call coffee a "toilet stimulant". But I think there could be still be other problems that aggrevate this problem. Like BAM or Gallbladder / liver issues.

Matt C

Coffee is the only thing in the morning that makes me need to go to the toilet. I wouldn't say diarrhea but my stools are loose at times. I always have it with food like banana bread and sugar in the coffee. Is this a bad result?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals