Excessive Diarrhea?

Orion

I woke up early and have had diarrhea all morning long. Its worse today then it was yesterday. I just dont understand it. Im frustrated beyond belief.

Sublimed sulfur (flowers of sulfur) solved my issues (years of soft/runny/expolsive BMs) in a few days. Combined with weekly charcoal and daily raw carrot, I now have clean BM's and don't have to use any toilet paper!

1-5grams per day for 3 days, its RP recommended, mild antibiotic, I believe it helps to clean out SIBO.

I used NOW - Sulmedol This one is marketed towards helping lactose intolerance.

OP
S

Squatrat

No diarrhea today which makes me think it might be my protein powder. If so I have no idea how im going to replace all that cheap protein. Charcoal and sulfur have been ordered as reccomended.

OP
S

Squatrat

Think I nailed it down to a slight case of lactose intolerance + inability to digest protein shakes for some reason. Both casein and whey give me issues so im not sure what the exact problem is and im not sure how im going to replace all that protein. Too much fruit juice and supplements probably contributed as well.

Orion

Think I nailed it down to a slight case of lactose intolerance + inability to digest protein shakes for some reason. Both casein and whey give me issues so im not sure what the exact problem is and im not sure how im going to replace all that protein. Too much fruit juice and supplements probably contributed as well.

Usually the 100% whey isolates, have much lower lactose content, that might help.

Next would be cleaning out the intestinal tract, charcoal, raw carrot, ABX and sulfur could be beneficial there.

OP
S

Squatrat

Usually the 100% whey isolates, have much lower lactose content, that might help.

Next would be cleaning out the intestinal tract, charcoal, raw carrot, ABX and sulfur could be beneficial there.
I had it again this morning which means vit E or taurine is also a problem. I just cant figure this out. Its like everything causes it. Maybe its my liquid diet.

Orion

I had it again this morning which means vit E or taurine is also a problem. I just cant figure this out. Its like everything causes it. Maybe its my liquid diet.
My diet is mainly liquid, sulfur was the key for me. Changed bowel movements in 5days, from years long diarrhea to normal.

OP
S

Squatrat

I had it again this morning which means vit E or taurine is also a problem. I just cant figure this out. Its like everything causes it.
My diet is mainly liquid, sulfur was the key for me. Changed bowel movements in 5days, from years long diarrhea to normal.
I was hoping I wouldnt have to resort to that but its coming in the mail. Do you take it everyday?

Orion

I was hoping I wouldnt have to resort to that but its coming in the mail. Do you take it everyday?

1 to 5 grams per day, for 3 days, that is all. So maybe doing this once or twice a year could be beneficial.

Long term use can cause issues with copper absorption.

OP
S

Squatrat

I dont know how much the sulfur helped if any. Charcoal has reduced diarrhea to a few times per day instead of nonstop. Too much serotonin may have played a role as well. At this point I dont knows what wrong and no longer care as I have too many other issues. I see a gastro in 2 days but I doubt that will help.

OP
S

Squatrat

Its occured to me that my charcoal might be absorbing my medications. There are some concerns that activated charcoal could absorb medicines and cause inflammation in the colon.

OTOH this study fed 20 grams of charcoal to women on contraceptives and it didnt seem to cause any issues if timed correctly. Unfortunatly I take pills at night and morning so im not sure how to time my dose.
Charcoal treatment and risk of escape ovulation in oral contraceptive users. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Milk gave me diarrhea. I persevered for a year but the gut never got used to it.

Avoiding milk and avoiding Greek yoghurt and having only cheese from the dairy section stopped the diarrhea.

OP
S

Squatrat

Turns out I had a medical issue. The gastro says my inflammatory markers are high and they want to do a colonoscopy and biopsy in July. Could be IBS/IBD. Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread, some of your advise was helpful but ultimatly its looking like a systemic issue.

Peata

Turns out I had a medical issue. The gastro says my inflammatory markers are high and they want to do a colonoscopy and biopsy in July. Could be IBS/IBD. Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread, some of your advise was helpful but ultimatly its looking like a systemic issue.
I've been told IBS my whole adult life too. So did you get the diarrhea to stop?

Nick21

How did you end up solving this problem?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals