Why Chronic Diarrhea?

Rnoelle

Hi all! I have been eating a Peaty way for about a year now (bone broth, collagen, fruit, juice, salt, sugar, honey, raw carrot, raw goat dairy, eggs, liver, egg shell, some muscle meat, espresso + vitamin E,B's, magnesium, ashwaganda). My diet is very dialed but I do allow myself to have a couple drinks a week and occasionally I will eat a few corn tortilla chips. Overall, I have lost weight and feel amazing! My biggest concern, however, is that I have had diarrhea every day for about a year. My digestion wasn't good before Peat, as I was way more constipated and bloated (very low carb diet). I am SO thrilled I am not bloated like I was so I have kind of put the loose stool situation aside. But I realize this is not good and its not necessarily getting better. I also just recently started taking morning temps and realize I am usually between 95-97 deg. I realize this is a representation of a slow metabolism, which I know I have after years and years of dieting/binging (cycle). But I thought this last year it has sped up because of my weight loss and increase of energy.

Any thoughts on what I could do to start addressing the diarrhea issue???

Thank you for any input!

OP
R

Rnoelle

That's really interesting. Perhaps salt is the culprit as I've really always used a lot of salt. I used to use only pink himalayan sale and about a year ago switched to Morton's. I would really hate to decrease my salt intake but maybe I can play around with it. I haven't taken vitamin E for this whole year but do typically take a capsule daily since I do have a very small amount of PUFAS occasionally. Maybe Ill reduce this. Thank you for your input SneezeStar!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@thebigpeatowski and @Peata might be able to share with you what has helped them with bothersome diarrhea. I tagged them so hopefully one or both of them will see this in the next few days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals