I've completely cut fiber and now have chronic diarrhea

FredSonoma

I've completely cut fiber... My diet is oj milk gelatin meat sugar and coffee. I know this is a bit extreme. I've had chronic diarrhea for almost a week now since doing this - what could be causing this? I dont even do the raw carrot salad anymore because I think it gives me mild serotonin and endotoxin symptoms. My bloating doesn't seem to have improved at all from this, and I am ALWAYS hungry... I can't ever fill up. I know it sounds all bad but in some ways I feel better - I don't know whether to keep pushing forward or to start eating some whole fruit, veggies, and honey.

I also drink raw milk and I'm starting to wonder if I should cut it out. Every time I've tried pasteurized milk it seems to cause crazy anxiety - but that was back when I ate more fiber and prebiotics. I'm not sure where to go from here - antibiotics maybe? Any ideas or thoughts?

It also seems like the more restrictive I am with fiber / prebiotics the more sensitive I am to eating the smallest amount of it - I don't know if thats a good sign or a bad (meaning I'm more sensitive because my baseline feels better so I notice when it effects me negatively slightly or if I'm more sensitive because I'm weaker or less healthy)

Unless you cut out the gelatin and strain your orange juice it's hard to attribute it to some low fiber. But anything over three quarts of liquid a day will give you diarrhea regardless of everything, I think.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Such_Saturation said:
post 109459 Unless you cut out the gelatin and strain your orange juice it's hard to attribute it to some low fiber. But anything over three quarts of liquid a day will give you diarrhea regardless of everything, I think.

Oh wow interesting. I dehydrate my oj but still drink at least a gallon if not 1.5 a day of liquids from milk and coffee. If this alone is causing diarrhea would you expect a serotonin reaction to accompany it?

Also, I make my own gelatin by cooking down bones, does this still really feed bacteria?

Last edited by a moderator:

mujuro

A gallon is a lot if your metabolism is not suited for it. So many people don't seem to tolerate gelatin. Myself included. My bowel habits start to see-saw badly when I start to include more liquids, but not necessarily water. It's the milk and OJ -- especially OJ -- that seem to upset my bowel's fluid levels. I also notice my temps are lower when I consume more liquid. Even if they are calorie dense. I don't even have to measure it - I can feel the effect as I sit at the computer or lay on my bed. After a good meal I will feel warmth in my mid section and maybe even some dew accumulating on my forehead or knuckles (it's almost summer time here). More liquid also lowers my power and stamina in the gym. The absolute best bowel patterns I get are from regular white potato consumption and ripe pears/melons.

I've made broth from oxtail (about 4 hours) and it gave me the same symptoms as the gelatin you can buy. It did have enormous amounts of salt, though, and that could cause it. Actually the broth gave me diarrhea and gelatin gave me cramps and bloating.

supercoolguy

FredSonoma said:
post 109456 I've completely cut fiber... My diet is oj milk gelatin meat sugar and coffee. I know this is a bit extreme. I've had chronic diarrhea for almost a week now since doing this - what could be causing this? I dont even do the raw carrot salad anymore because I think it gives me mild serotonin and endotoxin symptoms. My bloating doesn't seem to have improved at all from this, and I am ALWAYS hungry... I can't ever fill up. I know it sounds all bad but in some ways I feel better - I don't know whether to keep pushing forward or to start eating some whole fruit, veggies, and honey.

I also drink raw milk and I'm starting to wonder if I should cut it out. Every time I've tried pasteurized milk it seems to cause crazy anxiety - but that was back when I ate more fiber and prebiotics. I'm not sure where to go from here - antibiotics maybe? Any ideas or thoughts?

It also seems like the more restrictive I am with fiber / prebiotics the more sensitive I am to eating the smallest amount of it - I don't know if thats a good sign or a bad (meaning I'm more sensitive because my baseline feels better so I notice when it effects me negatively slightly or if I'm more sensitive because I'm weaker or less healthy)

Im amazed at the benefit of raw carrot. After 4 days continuous, plus glandular thyroid. Worked like a charm. Even the carrot shreaded & salted w/cider vinegar by itself was great stuff. My appetite went way up from the thyroid. When im hungry like that i check my protein and Fats. Some quality egg nog might help you out. (Gangster Lean).

Last edited by a moderator:

SQu

I get a similar response to yours minus the diarrhoea ( the opposite is more likely) when I do something similar in an attempt to get out of my rut and make progress. I don't have answers but have also wondered about increased serotonin perhaps from an unknown irritant like gelatin or fruit juice, or simply from the change itself. sometimes but not always it seems to gradually resolve but I've always had some kind of time limit to the experiment so can't say for sure. Another reason might be having driven your system very hard not that long ago, I've suspected it in myself and I recall you have a history of this too. Some of my symptoms feel like liver ones, perhaps yours might too.

tara

More ideas:

Could have accidentally picked up some microbes your body is keen to get rid of - either from the raw milk or someother source. A generous dose of activated charcoal for 2-3 days would probably help with that.

Could be reacting to the OJ, either becasue it is unripe or because you have a personally intolerance large quantities.

Maybe your system is running a bit too acid on that diet. People cn react differently to differently to different foods wrt pH, depending on what your digestion is getting out of it (Jenn had a nice post on this). If you happen to have pH strips, you can check your UpH a few times. If it's averaging under 6.2, this could be part of the picture.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals