Coffee Gives Me Cold Hands/feet

A.R

I've experienced positive results since starting coffee in my mornings. I make it from milk not water, and use honey as the sweetener. I experience the mental clarity, but I don't understand why my feet suddenly get really cold. And it makes no difference wether I have the coffee before or after food (though mostly I have it after food). Any ideas?

Thank you

Orion

Caffeine will cause you to use up liver glycogen stores quickly, dropping your blood sugar, this is stress. Adrenaline/cortisol are released to stabilize your blood sugar, this causes cold feet and hands. Increasing milk, sugar, salt, OJ, gelatin, cooked/ripe fruit, honey, and avoiding excessive muscle meat, starch, and especially PUFA will help.

Raw carrot away from meals can help cleanse intestines and liver, this will lower serotonin and help lower estrogen and toxins from liver(dumped into bile).

Quality

I've experienced positive results since starting coffee in my mornings. I make it from milk not water, and use honey as the sweetener. I experience the mental clarity, but I don't understand why my feet suddenly get really cold. And it makes no difference wether I have the coffee before or after food (though mostly I have it after food). Any ideas?

Thank you
caffeine = vasoconstriction, no brainer tbh...

OP
A.R

A.R

Caffeine will cause you to use up liver glycogen stores quickly, dropping your blood sugar, this is stress. Adrenaline/cortisol are released to stabilize your blood sugar, this causes cold feet and hands. Increasing milk, sugar, salt, OJ, gelatin, cooked/ripe fruit, honey, and avoiding excessive muscle meat, starch, and especially PUFA will help.

Raw carrot away from meals can help cleanse intestines and liver, this will lower serotonin and help lower estrogen and toxins from liver(dumped into bile).

Thank you for this

I will try adding coconut oil/gelatine to the coffee and see if that helps

M

member 2106

Yes, as far as I understand it, it's basically a stress response due to lowered blood sugar, which can very easily happen with coffee if you don't use it with caution. (I guess this may also account for the "mental clarity"?)
I think it's always best to drink coffee with or right after a good meal, but even still, it can cause a stress response in some people, perhaps in those who are in a less than robust condition already. I know a lot about cold hands and feet because anxiety is causing an almost constant stress response, and my feet and sometimes nose tend to be stubbornly cold. Oddly enough, my hands generally stay warm except during extreme cases.

Last edited by a moderator:

WestCoaster

You very well could be over-hydrated. Check your pee before drinking coffee (yellow or clear). If it's clear and your suffering from cold feet after coffee but don't have the same reaction if it's yellow, then it's likely due to over-hydration.

JDreamer

So the cold feeling literally just happened to me and I've noticed it a lot when recently trying to incorporate coffee into my regimen.

I'm drinking it about 10mins or so after I eat and putting a lot of honey in it. What gives?

Waynish

Don't eat/drink stuff that makes you cold & sick... Increase calories & energy for a while, and then try it again later. I notice shortness of breath in many people who are overstimulated too. The slow metabolism / bad digestion / shallow breath -- all feedback on each other as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals